Outsourced Forums

NBC (ended 2011)

Thoughts about Ranjiv?

EmeraldFrog79

[1]May 13, 2011
    • level: 1

Ranjiv Gidwani is an interesting character who has undergone a great deal of character development throughout the entire season. I begin the series with Ranjiv as my least favorite character in the series but after watching the season finale yesterday, I can honestly say that Ranjiv is now my second favorite character.

I guess he sort of "grew on me". His relationship with Todd has undergone a serious transformation, to the point where they "almost" consider each other friends. He's also shown his softer side on numerous occasions, from allowing Madhuri to stay at the office due to family issues to his love and affection for Vimy.

Ranjiv is truly a great character. His rough exterior hides a tormented, sensitive interior. The show would not be the same without him.

What is everyone else's thoughts on Ranjiv Gidwani?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pamhalpert

[2]May 14, 2011
    • level: 14

I agree. I used to hate Ranjiv, but his character has developed nicely. I wish they would have had Vimi on the show more than they did.

karlmeszaros

[3]May 14, 2011
    • level: 106
    It's actually Rajiv (no N). I think he grew the most as a character as well. One gets the impression that he must have been raised in a very stern and probably judgmental way because he seemed always to be shocked when people displayed kindness to him. It's like he felt he had to buy people's affection (and good performance reviews) and never believed someone would something nice for him just because he's worthy of it. He always had to prove something, especially to get to a point of being thought worthy in Vimy and her d=family's eyes. I don't think he quite got it until Todd talked to him on the beach.

The first big chance, I thought, was when Jerry made him a manager for no other reason than because he wanted to marry Vimy and Jerry was touched by who he was after he dressed him down in jail. It concluded on the beach with Todd's pep talk.

pamhalpert

[4]May 15, 2011
    • level: 14
    karlmeszaros wrote:
    It's actually Rajiv (no N). I think he grew the most as a character as well. One gets the impression that he must have been raised in a very stern and probably judgmental way because he seemed always to be shocked when people displayed kindness to him. It's like he felt he had to buy people's affection (and good performance reviews) and never believed someone would something nice for him just because he's worthy of it. He always had to prove something, especially to get to a point of being thought worthy in Vimy and her d=family's eyes. I don't think he quite got it until Todd talked to him on the beach.

The first big chance, I thought, was when Jerry made him a manager for no other reason than because he wanted to marry Vimy and Jerry was touched by who he was after he dressed him down in jail. It concluded on the beach with Todd's pep talk.

I also thought Todd's pep talk was very special.