FX (ended 2005)

Cancelled!!!!!!

hahahazian

[81]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 2
    mjf85maf wrote:
    hahahazian wrote:

[Hey man,

Just a quick question I was just wondering how long you were in Combat Comm. because it may be an option after this recent PCS.

Sorry for the late response, but I figured the board was dead after the cancellation....

I was in the USAF 2nd MOB for about 3 1/2 years in the late 70's-early 80's.  I was an outside plant telephone installer.  I went through a lot of training, only to get stationed in a unit that didn't really utilize a lot of what I trained for.  Worked basically with the old hand-cranked field phones and dial-type telephones ... and running lots of field wire and 48-pair cable.  Travelled a lot, partied a lot and had a great time, though.

Ahh same..sorry for the late response. Yea family may be stationed in Japan as Combat Comm. where was it that you were stationed?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mjf85maf

[82]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 6
    I was stationed at Patrick AFB, Cocoa Beach Florida.

CNDFORCES

[83]Dec 18, 2006

Wow, I read your profile and I have a hard time believing you were in the military.  Were you discharged? I only ask because you seem very bitter about this entire thing.  Over there was an entertaining show.  It showed some personal stories, regardless if there were real or not. (Remember entertainment)  I perhaps agree with the nick names, but I do hear them a lot. People with unique last names usually get them.

I think the important part was it was nice to see something on TV that was entertaining to watch other then some of FOX's latest shows.  Plus any fellow army people usually doesn't mind watching a good army show. 

P.S. I completely disagree with your Marines comment.  The fact that the Marines think they are different then the army is just stupid.  There are only three division in the military, and the Marines just fall under Army.  Only the US think there is a special place for the Marines.  I love them and all, but I just don't get it.  Both division have infantry.

CNDFORCES

[84]Dec 18, 2006

I agree this show rocked.  Every show has it ups and downs, but over all the show was good.  My entire unit watched this services.  It's just too bad we caught it after it was canceled.  It's weird how a show like this can be canceled when there is absolutely nothing else on to watch.  Hopefully they will re-look at the situation when there is more interest raised with all the other markets watching FOX.  Although I agree, I don't think i'll be watching a whole lot of FOX.

Cheers

kingrich06

[85]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 14
    I was really hoping for more. Great stories where it puts a person behind a uniform where most people think their mindless killing machines

armywife212

[86]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 1
    it makes me so mad. That they cancelled that show. My husband loved it because it showed how it was over there when he stationed in iraq. I wish they would bring back this show.

CruzDavid

[87]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 4
    What in the hell. I been waiting for like 3 years, I cannot believe this garbage.