Over There Forums

FX (ended 2005)

What non-american people think about this show?

Dippi17

[1]Jun 4, 2006
    • level: 2

I know a lot of guys in italy that have passion for war and also we have appreciated a lot this Tv Series, I'm really in disaccord with the decision of doing this cancel. I think Government Payed a lot of money the Producer and so on, for bloking all the works cause he is an artist.

This Telefilm never stop and fails to narrate war and at the same time gives a look to private lifes, going from over here to over there, also video wuality is great is like a cinema quality, really near details in their wearing and also in moves...and sometimes also with great humor! and cast acted really well in almost all the moments. This is a great film (you cannot evaluate bad it, just because is not the same to Band of Brothers (i.e.)or other one, there are no Rambo in the Army, we are all the same we are a team, we have human feelings...this is a great Tv Series and I will repeat again this is a shame, this canceling is really anti-liberty decision. It's great we can show our opinions here. This is what we think in italy. This Tv Series is a Pearl in the desert. It's too early for many of you guys understanding this movie, I respect your already posted against the movie opinion...but maybe you haven't understood the Artist.

It is a shame that somone has decided to cancel, Here it's a guy from Italy speaking and also here we managed to see all the episodes somehow throught downloading or satellite, in our language italian (we have great dubbers here, if do not know that) here we had a great opinion of the movie, also our forces are there but in "Peace mission" and we know somehow what war is, also looking films the right ones (like band of brothers).

We had some reviews here on italian sites of the Tv series over there and on some of them it is written that maybe is too early for america to see this kind of things, because the war is still going on. I immediately saw, and I was not excited at the begin to see this tv series, I downloaded, I saw image quality, i saw how the actors act, I saw what it started to narrate, I understood also comparing it to the things I know about war and everydays life about soldiers that it was rapresenting really well the reality ... HERE IS THE POINT GUYS, the reality i sreally well rapresented (we have good actors, but what is very important Gerolmo and Bochco are great ARTISTS Bochco produced other great WORKS...) and for this motivation, it could be really dangerous for politician in chief, for mood of the troops and other things, because it shows the true part of the "over there life", showing that, and also you know that guys, that it's really unreal saying "I will go over there kill everybody then I will come back".

Bochco and the other produced and took part to the series are great artists, I want to thank them, and I want to say that is a great think the show hasn't been canceled during his 13 first episodes...really a strange thing...

This is a shame, I hope there will be a sequel, andyway the thing is done, I have the series so also if they want to cancel the sequels I have the first series!

It's fantastic seeing people that where there a lot of time maybe also an year, helped iraqi people and killed also someone, made something or just repaired radios (this is also an important work, without communication everybody could be dead) and come overe here writing "this TV Series is really near at the situation we lived over there!" this is awesome...Really big thanks to Bochco and company, america must change everybody must change, you must move for more freedom of opinion. The problem is that here in italy the governemnt would do the same maybe also canceling during the show of the episodes the series...

This is not freedom    (look that I'm not commenting and giving any evaluation to the iraq war and politician vision, but I'm saying this canceling (if Over there tv series is a shame) is really orrible.

Could maybe Steven Bochco find a way to produce the same thing outside the USA? It would be like a suicide...it was just an Idea.

Ciao, kind regards to everybody

Marco

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dippi17

[2]Jun 4, 2006
    What are they saying? There is some guy that is telling this Film is Unrespectful tu all the Us Army and other corps of the infantry that are over there (he is exampling his disappointment saying about the behaviour of Mrs. B and about the problems about Sgt. Scream and the The other tenent...)
    SO WHAT ABOUT ALL THE MOIVES AS FULL METAL JACKET, APOCALYPSE NOW, AND MANY OTHER? THEY AREN'T DENIGRATING THE ARMY TELLING US THE REALITY??...DO NOT BE OBTUSE...

Why do not FX show the audience had from the other channels around the world of this tv series? They will tell us that it is already included in the share illustrated...this is corrupting also the information shared with the public.
    Shame on you.

Here in italy and around the world this great idea of Tv Series must still to have shown entirely and we have a lot of people that saw it. How can you say that is "the same thing" the same boring idea?? this is a great idea only because never a tv series has been on tv during a war...

How can't you agree with me?

Bye bye Thx for reading
    Marco

tawoz

[3]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 1
    Good Series,Shame it's only 1 Season. (Australia).

Dippi17

[4]Jun 6, 2006
    Hi man, put a signature on this petition : http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SecondSeasonOverThere
    it's not problem making do not worry, and just to let u know, but I think you already know this: There is a new series called The Unit, it should be nice they told me.

Ciao Marco (italy)

jkav1

[5]Jun 9, 2006
    • level: 4
    I agree with you Marco, i loved the show, war is not all gun-ho, heros and glory as the US likes to try and tell people ( Ireland )

orevad

[6]Sep 14, 2006
    I'm a guy from Sweden and I loved the show. basically I probably loved it because of all it's action and for it's professional way of for example clearing houses, that is something no show ever have done because they tend to think that the guy watching don't care or don't have any idea of what is right to do. I'm a guy who has been against the war from it's very beginning even though I understand the issue of democratize Iraq. that is not the thing about the show but it is a good thing to know of my stand in the issue.
    this show was good because it shows how all armys work , even though it has flaws. either you belong to a swedish, irish, american or any army you will end up in situations which contradicts your agenda for the war. this show showed it. they showed the oil and the money for example. these are prabably some things exclusive for the united states because of their large interest of oil. sweden for example don't have any. but the show showed the hypocrazy of going into a war. the soldiers hopeless(don't take this the wrong way) way of finding a meaning to it's beahvior in the war. I loved the show cause it, even though it wasn't neutral(which I understand), showed all the atrocities and at the same time the good lifelong friendship you can establish and at the same time loose.... This show sends a message that many wrongdoings has been done but that we are all hoping for something good!   I WAN'T THIS SHOW TO CONTINUE!!

alanwarsap

[7]Sep 25, 2006
    I only caught the first 5 or 6 episodes, then I missed a couple and then I couldn't get back into it. What I saw of it was very good and I'm now getting the whole series 1 on DVD so I can catch-up. Only one season ? Didn't it do well in the U.S.A. then ?

meteomodel

[8]Nov 4, 2006
    Great show! Loved to watch it. Unfortunately only one season - well that was to be expected as it showed the unheroic sides of war. And that isnt very popular in the US!

01wilsonj

[9]Dec 26, 2006
    As a brit with family Members serving in the armed forces i thought the portrayl of the life of these american soldiers was done briliantly. i was impressed with the way in which the show presentd the day to day lifes of soldiers and stayed away from the constant political battle we see each day in the news - i thought the show was honest and had a lot of strong messages, concerning the state of the wat in Iraq. It was not shown on british T.V so i was forced to buy the Season 1 Boxset. If it had been shown over here i believe it would have recieved a excellent reception. British People take the  war in the middle east differntly to most Amercans. We want to know whats going on out there and not to be stero typical we are not in denial about the facts of war. This fact alone would have guaranteed the shows success and it could even be lanched now and be succesful. I have shown S1E01 to a large array of people and the general consensus was a 'truly honest show' and 'Believeable Characters. I fear the shows failure was due to American Denial, War is Horific - Open Your Eyes.

Darkfield

[10]Feb 7, 2007
    well this show is my second fav show of all time, beside BSG, Over There is the best TVShow I've ever seen. even I'm sure it's not going to make it's way through our national TV (in Iran I mean). I'm agree with "01wilsonj", this was a truly honest show, where u can understand the war and soldiers better. "Situation Normal" was really interesting for me becuz that part about Imam's way of thinkin' in the Muslim village is 99.99% true about those so-called religious people, they prefer having Mosques instead of having school or a medical facility, for example here in Tehran where I live, every 200 miters there's a mosque! and only God knows how I hate mosques. I give 9.2 outa 10 to this show. I hope they make it continuous, cuz it worse it.

kingrich06

[11]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 14
    best drama series not named CSI or Law n Order for me. I like the fact it shows the home front as well

Stagate2489

[12]May 17, 2007
    • level: 7
    the show kicked ass (uk)

MyNameIsYogourt

[13]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 5

France : this show is one the most clever show about war ever. Shame it has been pulled out.

The characters are all great and interesting. Brought into extreme conditions where they have to fight against themselves as much as they shoot the ennemies. The creators didn't consider any of them as stereotypes. Always succeeding at questionning their moral issues. Sgt Scream isn't he one of the most sick-of-it hero (shooting his own lieutenant) just kept in services 'cause he doesn't want an orphanage to shut down ? How come Smoke dosn't return home to see his dying mother ? How come Dim kept a load of the money for himself ? Always creating reasons, situations or goals for them not to apologize, but to keep them on going as miserable and honorable as their characters are ... no big changes for any of them, just struggling against their temptations and their major flaws. human isn't perfect. War is a good way for a narrator to work on the subject. The situations always help to enlight people's characters (against any kind of dark ways : desertion, stealing money, kill for the killing) and to evidence a certain absurdity (even in the most serious and dangerous ones) about war.

Great Show ! One of the greatest.

Edited on 06/08/2007 4:36am

scratzin

[14]Jun 22, 2007
    I think it is a great show. It doesnt really give a pro-US opinion, so it is hard to find it a bad show if you like war/action TV (Netherlands)

camelorange

[15]Jul 9, 2007
    Kick ass!(Chinese)

StarChyld77

[16]Aug 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    I just finished watching it and I want more!

aaron_rogers

[17]Oct 13, 2007
    I loved the show, one of my favourites. I bought the dvds as soon as they came out. I'm Canadian by the way.

Moses15

[18]Feb 8, 2008
    I had heard of this show here in Canada before it started production and I thought it was cool that they would do a show on an existing conflict. I could see it had a good chance at being a fair bit provacative and would stir things up a bit. It ended up that I couldn't watch the show because I worked every single night it was on ... always. So I ended up picking it up in Walmart for $20 and I have to say I think it is an absolutely wonderful show, way too underrated, and it's a shame there was only the one season because I would have loved to see more. It was nie to see a more realistic look at war rather than one pumped up hero story after another. In this show you see the brotherhood of these guys, how they depend on one another. It was an excellent show and should have had a much longer run than it did.

ziocantante

[19]May 16, 2008
    I love this show

Davide from Italy

jowki9191

[20]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    One of my favourite shows! Too bad it's been cancelled

(Norway)