Over There

The Prisoner

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Aug 10, 2005 on FX

• Strong scripting, fantastic action sequences, great direction.... If only it wasn't a liberal-propaganda pile of horse ****. (And I'm a liberal!)

Uuuuugh.

Don't get me wrong, now. I gave this series a 9, and I stand by that, overall. It should also be noted that I disapprove of the U.S. invasion of Iraq and think President Bush is doing a poor job (though, previously, I was pleased to find that the series had not really shown a left- or right-leaning political bias that I could tell). But this episode was chock-full of some seriously ridiculous B.S. I won't give any of the plot away, but I will say that all reason and actual truth of military tactics/behavior was cast aside for the sake of demonizing our military and keeping with the doom-and-gloom, "War is hell" theme. Spoken from a war-hating liberal, this episode (or at the very least, its ending) represents the very worst of B.S. political propaganda.

On a technical/artistic level, this episode was as good or better than the previous two - which is why I was generous enough to give it a 3 - but I have to say that I *really* hope the writer doesn't continue in this direction. Can we call this one a fluke, apologize, and move on in a more intelligent direction? Please?