Overhaulin' Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on VelocityBetween Seasons

how to enter a truck on overhaulin?

mercadojohn

[1]Feb 7, 2010
    • level: 1
    I would like to know how to enter a close friends truck on the show. he is a hard working guy who has bad luck with his 2 vehicles 1. is a 1991 jeep Cherokee that the 4 wheel drive is going out, the steering colum is ready to fall apart nothing on his dashboard works except the temp gauge and that's the least of the problems with that vehicle. 2. He has a 1968 dodge step-side truck that has all kinds of faults... starts one day and not the next???? he is having problems holding a descent job because of his unreliable vehicles. Currently he is a condo maintenance but not for long if he doesn't get his vehicles running the right way... who will help? how long before he goes to the poor house living in his broke down vehicles?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

candygirl2010

[2]Feb 25, 2010
    Well i hope ive gotten to the right people. What im hoping is that some one will read this and maby help me and my dad out . He has had this old truck i mean old too , Its a 1963 fleetside pickup . Its his pride and joy . He thought he had gotten a man to do the body work and paint it for him , and for the past 10 years the so called man , kept putting him off and making excuses, why the truck was taking so long to do. And needless to say after 10 years my dad had to tell the man that if the truck wasnt done soon he would take him to court . But as we all know sometimes things just dosent go the way we hoped they would . Now i find my dad in the garage with tears running down his face . After my dad told the man that he had to have the truck done soon or he would see him in court . That it had ben over 10 years sence he had gotten the truck and it was about time to get it done. The man two days later had the truck towed to our home and dropped it off with it not being compleated. Not only did he not compleate the truck , but did something to the motor or did not take the propper care to protect the motor . Now the truck is not compleated but will not run right also. I realy hurts me to see my dad cry so much over a truck. It would sure help me to know maybe there is someone out there that would be willing to help us out . Maybe if there is a chance i could influence some one to just try to feel the way i do when i have to go get my dad from the garage and see his tears and know how much pain he is in all the time now. Please can someone please help me help my dad to feel better and not cry no more. Maybe try to help me get his truck on Overhaulin.

cowgirlup_1965

[3]Mar 2, 2010

Hey ,to whom ever this may concern, i would like for you to concider,my husbands 1972 mach 1 mustang, 351 cleveland,4 bolt main ,,it has seen its better days,and believe me it was good in its day,,,, but now sits in our garage ,with flat ,slick tires,and the interior, has dry rotted and cracked ,floor has rusted holes ,and the moter,,,well it really needs an overhaulin!!! but its not realy bad ,would love for u to aleast look at the car can send you pictures,if needed, he has so much wanted to get it back up and runnin but seems like we just cant get ahead enough to do that,,but now after seeing your show maybe i (we)can make it happin for him,,,,,,hes a really hard workin man , and always takes care of his family 1st,,,,soooooooooooo please get bac to me even if you cant ,, that way i know you have aleast read this message, contact me at cowgirlup_1965@yahoo.com,and im live in morganton north carolina,,, thanks alot and look forward to hearing from ya,,,

wolf33w

[4]Mar 8, 2010

My ex-husband lost a 69 truck about 15 years ago and has wanted one ever sense to replace it. He has tried to save up the money for a new one but keeps getting slammed backwards. He and I have decided to try again at our relationship after a year of being apart. Over the last year he has lost his job cant find another has had his heart broke 2 times. I just found out he has health issues that could take him away from me at anytime im scared for him. I just want to try and give him the one thing he wants more then anything. If you could find a 69 chevy truck to overhaul for him I would be the happiest ex wife/girlfriend ever. I would love to remarry him and hand him the keys instead of a ring. If you can help with his dream and mine please respond to this post. This is his favorite show and he always talks about his truck when he watches it. Thank you Ex-wife/girlfriend Laurie

glove12

[5]Mar 10, 2010
    well if anyone needs an overhaulin its my husbands 2000 dodge durango.this is his only mode of transportation and its on its last leg or wheels as it may be.he's been self employed for 27 years in the flooring industry but lately has been unable to find work due to the bad economy.we have 4 children and the durango isnt trust worthy enough to take them anywhere, barely trust worthy enough to go to the grocery store.nothing would make him happier to have it running and looking good and you are no doubt the ones to do it.although the repairs it needs isnt much to make it custom like the vehicles the show does would probably make him cry.he deserves it soooo much. please can you help me make his durango something to be proud of..right now hes on the verge of selling it and id like to have it overhauled before he does.thanks for your consideration.we watch the show all the time, and my kids would tickled to see their dad and his durango on it. thanks again !!

roynlois

[6]Mar 21, 2010

A friend of mine has a 1979 ford pickup that needs overhauled. He has moved in with his Mother to take care of her. She is disabled and can not take care of herself. Rusty had to go on disability after heart surgery and back surgeryand can not rebuild the truck and is not financially able to have it done. How do we apply to "Overhaulin" to get the truck rebuilt?.........Thanks .....Roy

arronsmith

[7]Mar 24, 2010

My son has a 63 fairlane he started to work on about five years ago. sence then things have changed alot. About 3 years ago he was in a life changing accedent. He is now paralized, from the waist down. This car was a gift from me. Do to the cercumstances he can not work on it. He is very atatched to the car, I have sugested getting rid of the car but he wont. He is hoping some day he will be able to do something with the car.

MollyMorton

[8]Apr 5, 2010
    Hey there. We have a very good friend who rebuilt a 1965 Mustang with his father in the 80's. His father has since passed, the nostalgia of the car was compounded. Ian even built a storage "house" inside of his garage for the "Stang" to be protected while working on other vehicles. Last week he moved and reluctantly parked the car on the street for two days. Last night, in our sleepy town of Lyons, Colorado population 1200, someone torched it. Totally gone, as well as several cars around it. Ian not only had fond memories with his father working on this car, but and I quote "for his future son to share the experience". It would please him to no end to have the opportunity to rebuild another 65 Mustang with your help. Thanks for considering Mr Ian Mild, of Lyons CO for your show!!

jag197426

[9]Jul 8, 2012

Hello Chip and crew just want to say I love your show as a matter of fack Im watching it right now. You guys are working on a old Tahoe and of crouse you guys will make it like new. And also want to say thanks for helping all the good people that you do and making many dreams come true. But Im hoping that maybe one day you will make my dreams come true with a 85 ford150. See here is the weird thing about it with my old truck I dont want a nice new paint job or even a big motor. I just want a good work truck ,see I use mine for getting fire wood, haulin junk,even pulling friends cars that are broke down. See down here in WV pretty is nice but usefull is even better and what I mean is what you guys build is AWESOME but I would think that maybe you guys could build something cool that any guy or gall would love here in the Mountains of WV. Im also a welder have been for 15 years and of course like everybody here I live pay check to pay check we do ok and shore that there is people that can use your help better then I but if you could give me a holla some time if you can.

P.S your show always pick good people and nice rides but only in the west coast how bout try east coast like maybe here in WV. From your good friend down south Jose Gonzalez (joseagonzalez209@yahoo.com) or call (304 327 5879)

JimMcManus

[10]Oct 21, 2012

Never miss a "Foose"! I have seen all sorts of rebuilds and each one is a work of art, technology,craftsmanship, design and most of all, love. It is a reach but I would love to be OVERHAULED. I am 61 years old, living in Garner, NC. In 2001 I lost my legs below the knee to complications from diabetes. I have a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan which has been modified (Braun) to be handicappedaccessible. I drive using had controls. My life is full being an advocate for disability rights and a mentor to others who have experiencedcatastrophicinjuries or illnesses. If it were possible to have my legs back, I would not want them if it meant giving up the experiences I have had since losing them. While the van is in good shape, it is hardly road worthy for long drives. It is also a little cramped in that I am 6'2" tall and weigh in at 270lbs. So, if this falls on open eyes, I hope my wish can be fulfilled. 27529nc@gmail.com Jim McManus