Overhaulin' Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on VelocityBetween Seasons

Overhaul dad's 55 Chevy Belair

broof55

[1]Apr 25, 2013
    • level: 1

Dad and I purchased this 55 Belair 2 door in 1979. I was 15 and we went 1/2 buying it. A year later, he bought my half and took it off the frame to "do it right". Unfortunately, it has not gotten past being back on the frame, painted with engine setting back in. 1 year ago my father fell from a roof and sustained a traumatic brain injury. He wasn't expected to live. Over the past year, and due to many wonderful professionals, he has recovered to the point he can walk again with a walker. He lives with me and my family for now and hopefully will be able to go home soon. He has touched so many lives in our community. He owned and ran his roofing company for over 50 years and got to know most people in the County and beyond. He is the guy that, when a little old lady couldn't afford the roof, he allowed her to pay $100 per month with no interest. He couldn't stand the thought of her being in need. He has had 600+ people following his progress on Facebook since his accident. The stories they have contributed help tell the story of how exceptional he is. I wanted him to stay original with the car but he wanted to upgrade to make it more modern. An overhaul for him would show him how special he really is.

Thank you for your consideration,

Gene

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.