Overhaulin'

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Velocity Premiered Apr 13, 2004 Between Seasons

Overhaulin' Fan Reviews (371)

• Down on hs LUCK!

20 years of financial struggle to make one mans car dream a reality.

3 rebuilds, Top 5 fastest aspirated Torana TUFF LJ, Perth Street Car magazine submission life was great for our 3rd child after 20 years. Then tragedy happened during a car event at Powercruise Barbagello's raceway, where I nearly lost my husband after rolling his pride and joy 5 times and ending up on his roof, breaking threw his windscreen to get out. Not much could be salvaged except for the engine, all car panels destroyed!

This is in his blood, watching your show tonight he said "Only if someone could help me restore my next project HT Holden UTE and not take another 10 years" Life is getting him down without a beast to drive. This was always his outlet away from tough times and I can only wish that he could have a guardian angel out there to help!

Thanks for reading xx

• A deserving Grandpa!!!!

I'm sure you get lots of request for help, but i'll try anyway. My husband is a great guy, he is also my caregiver, and care for three fostered grandchildren. I suffer from Lupus and RA, my man is always taking the time to ensure my needs are met, although it leaves him little time for himself. We also have 3 grandkids that CPS took away from my gaughter that we are currently raising. My husband has a 1963 Ford Falcon he bought several years ago, it needs alot of body work. I wish you could help him.
  • We desperate need your help!!!!

My husband made a mistake of buying a 1978 Corvette in an auction without knowing the condition that it was in. The car didnt even drive straght when we took it out of the auction!!. Because he doesnt know about mechanics, he assured me that his dad will help him. The same day he called his dad, his mother told him his dad had terminal lung cancer. I dont have to tell you that between chemo and radiation, his dad couldnt even travel to see the car. Because we live in Social Security my husband has been trying to fix the car himself, which ALWAYS end up worst that when he started. We are already $12,000 in debt for repairs that we owe and cant pay and the car is still a mess. I hope you find it in your heart to help us,

God bless you

Debbie
  • my grandmothers 996 dream

my dad bought a 996 2002 Porsche, he always wanted to take is mom out in a convertible unfortunately before my dad can get the car to look awesome his mom was diagnosed with stomach cancer and she died a few weeks ago, now my dad has also been diagnosed with colon cancer . the car sits in the garage my dad seems like he lost interest in driving that car, he is going through chemo therapy for the next four month I would like to see this car overhauled with some nice wide fenders and stuff like that. I never seen in your show a Porsche been overhauled , I think my dad would like driving the car again if you guys overhauled it, my dad is a good father awesome friend always giving a helping hand's to his friend when they need help fixing their car, he served his county for thirteen year in the active armed service and now for the past 19 years he has been providing security at are borders as a border patrol agent please overhaul his car I know it would lift his moral, thank you guys , if you met my dad you would like him allot he is just a god honest caring person that has gone through a lot in such a short time. he would be a great addition to the Foose family
  • 1976 Land(crusher)Cruiser needs a miracle

My son (Christian) was struck by lightening in 1995 when he was eleven while at his first football practice, it was a miracle he survived. He was never able to compete on the football field again. His grandfather (Charlie) passed away two years later and left Christian a 1976 Landcruiser to him and it's his pride & joy. It is still stock with the exception of a paint job Charlie had done on it in 1979 and in very good condition, but this classic truck needs a miracle or the elements will have won the battle. We would love for Christian to be able to drive a completely restored Landcruiser in honor of his grandfather and the twentieth anniversary of his being struck by lightening on 8/17/1995. We need another miracle, can you provide it for him? This would send Christian on to a positive future knowing this family treasure is once again in top condition!
  • I Drive Your Truck

My dad gave my son Dustin a 1979 Ford f150 step side truck when he was in high school. Dustin would drive it to school when he had the money for gas, he would take it out on the weekends, he was proud of it and still is. Dad worked on the truck and done some work to it, he wanted diamond plate on it, so he put some on the bed, dad didn't have a lot of money to put into the truck, but what he did come from love. My dad is a Vietnam Veteran, he raised me and my brother and had always been a hard worker and he passed away in February of 2013 and the first song my son heard when he got into the truck to go to the grave yard was I DRIVE YOUR he just started to cry, he told me the other day in a message he wished he had the money to fix it up right and I told him one day he would, that things take time. I know my son would be very appreciative if someone would help him out and make his dreams come true, I'm sure if my dad were still here he would have helped my son all he could but God had other plans for him.
  • MY EX HUSBAND NEEDS AN OVERHAULIN

HE HAD BOUGHT A TRIKE OFF HIS BEST FRIEND OF 31 YEARS. THAT HAD NEEDED A LOT OF WORK. HE WORKS ALL THE TIME AND NEVER HAS TIME TO WORK ON IT. THAT FRIEND HAD PASSED AWAY MONTHS AFTER HE BOUGHT IT. NOW WE JUST LOST OUR SON IN A MOTORCYLCE ACCIDENT. HE WAS 23. MY EX HUSBAND DAVID HAD TO BORROW ANOTHER PERSONS BIKE TO RIDE IN OUR SONS FUNERAL, BECAUSE HIS WAS NOT DONE. INSTEAD OF FIXING HIS TRIKE HE IS WORKING ON OUR SONS MOTORCYCLE TO FINISH IT THE WAY OUR SON WANTED IT. PUSHING THE TRIKE ON THE BACK BUNNER. I WOULD REALLY LIKE FOR YOU TO HELP HIM BECAUSE IT IS JUST BECOMING AN OVERWHELMIG SITUATION. OWNING A FINISHED TRIKE HAS ALWAYS BEEN HIS DREAM.
  • My mommy needs help!

Not sure if you all travel for the show but i do have someone who really does deserve for something like this to happen to them, My mother, She has worked hard her whole life and she has a big heart, she has helped out family so much and put herself in so much debt because she has and now i really want to do something for her, She is a mechanic for the railroad services and she has a 97 dodge ram 1500 thtas being held together with ductape and zip ties, I have asked before but i am here again a few years later trying again lol, Please consider her for this, This is a person who really needs it, No bullshit!

• X-MEN'S HURTING 240SX

MY SON IS A HARD WORKING COLLEGE STUDENT. WHO'S OBSESSION IS HIS 1998 240SX; WHICH HE IS DESPERATELY TRYING TO RESTORE. BUT UNFORTUNATELY HE DOES NOT HAVE THE FUNDS AND TIME TO UNDERTAKE THIS TASK. CHIP FOOSE AND HIS CREW FROM OVERHAULING WOULD MAKE HIS DREAM COME TO A REALITY. HIS MOM NATACHA!!!!!!
  • please take a moment

My husband has a old wood bed Chevy truck. He doesn't know I'm writing, so I can't tell the year, but its just like his late grandfathers. It has a motor from a more powerful bought 5 yrs ago (he's an avid viewer & was so excited about remodeling)

1 yr after marriage I awoke with a powerful headache. After losing our home (now living with family) my husbands smile has slowly disappeared. I have a rare disorder that, the drs say, should take me within a year. "Vascular ehlers-danlos"

My husband joe works constantly in dreams of building our log cabin on our property, totally rejecting the inevitable, but he stares down the driveway at that old truck he's had for yrs. He had just begun working on it when this illness came on.

All I want is to see "that smile" one more time. He is a good man. He works hard, he hides his worries and has lost his personal dream of having this "hotrod truck" only to replace them with dreams of how to save me.

He doesn't go out, he doesn't drink or have any fun. He works at least 10 hrs a day then he just lays with me, as that's all I can do at this point.

Our dreams aren't talked about much now, so this is the only thing, I know, that would make him GLOW. (I want to see that smile!) He's only 33 and deserves something for all of the work he is doing to pay for the medical bills. I know I'll never see our dream home, he won't face this. But I can leave him with something for I have no way of surviving the time it takes for a log home.

This would leave him in awe.

Please reply

I can do very little for fear of organ rupture. THIS would be MY one hope to surprise a man that asks for nothing.

If I've written the wrong show (he watches them all) then can you help me find the right one?

With hope and my deepest respect

Leslie Finney
  • A disabeld vet needs help

I need help with my 88 dodge daytona cs turbo 1 I am a disabeld vet and spent time in NAM.
  • Chip surprise.

My husband love the show, I wish you had a show that would give a car away. He's loves old school cars. He had several cars before and all he does is watch and laugh with happiness Chip helps a lot of people, I exspecially love the episode where Chips old family truce was overhaulded. He was joyed and happy his father really pulled it off and Chip deserve everything they did to his truck. We love each show, keep up the great job. Again if the company is every giving a car or truck away please call me. Sincerely Tracy xoxoxoxoxoxo 330-338-6894 Akron, OH
  • MomsDream4Raymond

I am a single mom to one child. I have raised my son alone. His father left when he was 13 yrs old and never left anything for him. My brothers have always thought the world of My son and one of them sold him his 1997 Ford F150. There were times when he thought about selling it to help me with bills but I knew it would be a decision he would later regret. It's been sitting out in the elements for a few years and it is showing the signs. He's afraid his dream will never come to pass. He and I have gone through hell and back with his 2 knee surgeries, my own surgeries while medical bills keep piling on. I cannot help him right now. He's babying the truck he loves it so much and tonight he is cleaning out the garage to make room for the truck and hoping that no more damage will come to it. Can you help make his dream possible? He does not have much but what he does have he takes great pride in it and handles his things responsibly. He's a great guy. Quiet. Full of life. Full of vision. I can't give him much except possibilities right now. Is this possible?
  • 64 Chevelle 2dr wagon

My husband found this car in a barn. The guy that owned the car said many years ago his son overheated the car and stuck a water hose in the radiator to cool it down but the motor was not running and it broke the block, He wasn't sure what year it was but the plate on the back was from 1970. the car had a 327 4spd in it and it's exactly what my husband says a hot rod should have. he was raised by his grandma & grandpa who both passed away within a few months of each other. They were married 77 years, and his mom and us took care of them until they passed on. Now we are trying to get a place ready for mom,who is 76 years old and still working at our local library doing genealogy for anyone she can help. I work in a factory full time and my husband works as a commercial manager for AUTO ZONE Monday through Saturday. My husband loves fixing cars,but here's the problem. He is always fixing other peoples cars and never has time do work on his. The Chevelle is a pretty solid car, and as guy that used to have a body shop he is really excited about finding this car. Years ago he used to build race cars for Dana Mecum and his dad Eddie Sr. When he told Dana about the car Dana said he could'nt believe it. He said he knew they made some 2dr wagons in 1964 but could not remember ever seeing one. This would be a great car for your show ,just for the simple fact, when's the last time you seen one! My Husband now has cancer and we dont know if he is ever going to get this car done. And I would like to know if you could Please help me get this done . For him. Thank you so much

you can call us at 765-669-1223

• A little out there...

My fiancee' has a 2005 Chevy Cobalt. It is purple, yes purple! It is also a mess. The interior looks like a cyclone has been through and left enough debris to make a child's fort (and not a nice one!). It also has stained seats and a layer of dirt everywhere. How does that even happen? I love the gas mileage but I hate riding in that messy thing. The exterior is not only purple (yes again purple) but he has had a few minor run-ins with poles and such. He just loves your show so I thought would at least try and reach out to your expertise for help. Help us?
  • oh boy---I have been rusted

I am 68 and have bought a 68 Ford Bronco Half Cab Project Vehicle for my wife. I could REALLY use your help on this project as I have had 4 back surgeries, had prostate cancer, elbow/arm surgery and most recently Merca Infection in my right arm. My wife just recently as asked to resign from her job so now we have to pay big bucks for her insurance since she is only 61. This lady has been through hell with sitting in hospitals, etc during all of my hospital stays,my recovering for months at a time, etc, etc. I was able to fix my Dads 65 Chevy C10 Stepside but it took me about 4yrs & $7,000 to do it and she has been my biggest supporter. I would like to see her Ford Bronco fixed up as with my age, health issues, & lack of funds I am fearful it will not get done in time for her to enjoy it. She always puts everyone else ahead of herself but she is beginning to get wore down as she is really taking losing her job of 31 yrs pretty hard. Your help would be an answer to our prayers as we don't have many resources in Wyoming to try or go to.
  • to the point

over 400,000 miles a 1986 full size costume bronco wagon /truck 5.0 EFI, all original parts love the truck to the point need I help. it feels like it wont's to fall apart but keeps on going .CENTRAL OR, I WANT TO KEEP THE TRUCK. IT'S A GREAT RIDE, FUN!
  • 1966 Ford F100 All Original

My wife has bought a 66 Ford F100 from her boss. To my surprise its all ORIGINAL. It still has the original motor. All the knobs, sun visors you name it, it's all there. She loves the old rustic look and wood bed BUT I know she would love it better if it was restored. We've been working on it little by little but sure would LOVE it if you could know it's a long shot but it doesn't hurt to try. Thank you for reading this.
  • pine tree fell on the vehicle crushing the

1996 Acura Integra, a beauty, unfortunately while rebuilding the engine a pine tree fell on the vehicle crushing the dream/finances my boyfriend had in fixing it up. Unfortunately no car insurance was on the vehicle at the time and our homeowners denied to cover. Now due to finances and time constraints/travel with his job the Integra's home is in our driveway awaiting for TLC. I know it crushes my boyfriends heart every time he walks past it. Requesting assistance to complete a dream!!!
  • For my dad

Hi, my name is Selena. I know this a dream to have a car built... But in life you dream big and see what happens. This is my first time doing this and I live with my dad and my sister he is a single dad that would do anything to keep us happy and he was ripped off by my mother when I was younger I've had a hard life but since I have my dad it's been pretty easy. He use to have a Mustang but my mom stole are money she would always do that....... I want to give the chance to my dad to have a fast built Mustang it would put a huge smile on his face he spends his money on me and my sister he spoiles us the best way he can. So please give him this great opportunity I love my dad and I just want him to be happy and know there's hope in the world for being a single dad with two teenage girls... Living with him. Thank you for reading. Contact 905-351-9929. Or 905-684-4896
  • 1971 Chevy Truck needs help please......

My boyfriend bought a 1971 Chevy truck and had it shipped from CA to NJ. He has been slowly working on the truck to restore it. He was busy working a lot of hours each week to pay bills and didn't have much time to work on the truck. We lost some time working on the truck since we both went thru cancer treatments at separate times. On top of that he was laid off from his job right before being diagnosed (which actually was a blessing in itself). He wants to at least get the rust taken care of. I would love to get his truck restored since that is one thing that he really wants to get accomplished. Its is a great truck and I hate to see it go to waste. Save the truck please!!!!!
  • Little Brothers Old Pontiac needs Help.

My little brother has a 1967 Pontiac Tempest that he would like to restore .He has had it for life was a single parent .He raised his he got married and him and his new wife raised her two grand lives in Inyokern Ca. And works on the base at China lake. My Brother Francis Scott Key is a good person. He even helped me out when i had a heart has always worked heard .He would would be the first to lend a whole family is in New would love to see him on your show am a big fan OVREHAULIN
  • Momma's 65

name is Kathy. Mom traded me my 72 Pontiac Catalina for her '65 Ford Galazy Convertible after I got out of high school Looked real nice, even though it had a bad paint job. When I got married the car stayed with me. We didn't have the money at the time to get it really fixed up and we also didn't have a place to store it. It has set outside for years. Being a kid just out of high school, I wasn't very smart and let this car set and it has just been ruined. I would love to have this car fixed up before my parents are gone. I would especially like to have it restored so Mom can see it. It needs to be given some good TLC!!! She told me just today that she would love to be able to ride in this again. I feel terrible about letting this car get so bad. I know this is not a great way to have a car restored, but I would love to do this for my Mom.
  • HELP THESE BROTHERS BEFORE ONE DEPLOYS

Hi there my name is Tamra, my sons both have cars a 64 AMC Rambler and a 64 El Camino. They both run but need to be completed. My son Cody has the El Camino and just TODAY has taken his oath and after he graduates will be going to Airborne School (then Ranger school) and off to the US ARMY to serve our country. These cars are their connection as brothers but we do not have the money to complete them as I am ill. I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE YOU ALL FINISH THESE CARS BEFORE MY SON DEPLOYS to keep my boys connected and give him an incentive to come home. PLEASE HELP A MOM FINISH HER SON"S DREAMS before one has to leave. DESPERATELY ASKING, Tamra H email
  • "79 z original owner

Great daily driver! My 280 zx is just begging for someone to to be able to restore it to it's former glory. Been driving it since 1979 and it has never failed me. The interior has been recovered, but original seats, dash, gauges, and we have the original 8track and radio that came in it. Right now it is good, but it could be great!
  • A Military Salute to My Dad!

My Dad is a hard working, dedicated, loyal, military soul who always provides for his family. He started saving for his first car during his teen years. After digging worms to sell daily and saving each penny of his sale, he was able to purchase his first car, a '67 Ford Fairlane . He has had it covered for years. Daddy was always working, farming, with his military unit, or doing for others rather than spending time on the things he wanted. I would like to give this to my father for the thank you for his service for our country, my life, providing for me, and being here daily for our family. Please honor my father. Thank you, Stacie Keitt
  • I'm the"other woman"!!!!

He stares at her. He calls her beautiful and classy. He likes to rub her and says she's the best "ride" Her name is "Sheila"

Help!!! We are close high school friends finally getting married after 20+ years and I want to be "his number 1!" I am "Tina" !!!

Sheila is ugly, she's a big white beast, spotted at that, her interiors will scratch you to bits and in the southern heat leave your skin feeling as red as her interior!!! He gave her a woman's name but her name is real "Mark VI".

If I can give the man of my dream his dream, then maybe he'll see what kind of "ride" he'll have with me! He can rub my interior and see how classy "Tina" is!
  • Not a ship for this Sailor...

My 22 year old son has a 2009 jeep wrangler. A very basic one with 14" in. tires. He is a Petty Officer in the United States Navy and currently on deployment until November 2014. I have his jeep in my garage in SC and want to fix it up for him as a surprise for when he comes home from his year at sea. I have gotten a few quotes for tires, a new top and some body work. Shocked is beyond belief at the cost of these things. I been given quotes from 4,000 to 8,000. I feel in my heart that he is so deserving of this gift for answering his call to serve our great country. I wish I could do this for him. He bought this jeep with a loan from the Navy Federal when he joined the military. Sadly he , because he is paying off his loan, nor I have the funds to fix it the way he would like it. HELP in any way is greatly appreciated. He does not know that I am writing to you. I would love nothing more than to say thank you for serving this great county and present him with his beautiful jeep!
  • 1976 CHRYSLER NEWYORKER NEEDS TO BE OVERHAULED

My brother has a 1976 CHRYSLER NEWYORKER that needs your attention. The car is all white and is not in the best condition. He has called all around to look for the parts of the car but none or some of the parts are available. This is his dream car and he has had it for a long time now he most definitely needs to be OVERHAULED.
  • 1961 Mercury Montery Conv

I have a 1961 Mercury Montery Conv that needs some help. I am trying to restore this car. I had a someone work on the car and had the car painted He had my car for 2 yrs and when I got the car back it was in worst condition then I left it. The car was running great when he got it but he let it sit for 2 yrs. He charge me $4,000's Had to pay him that to get the car back. Now I do not have the money to work and having a hard time trying to find parts. The rust is coming back after a year. I have had this car for about 5 years and drove it only about 50 hours. I run a non profit 501c3 that helps the homeless and struggling families I our area. I work everyday. If you could please help me restore my car I would be deeply grateful. Thanks Marc