Overhaulin'

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Velocity Premiered Apr 13, 2004 In Season

Overhaulin' Fan Reviews (396)

• My brothers blue bronco II

My name is Bruce. two years ago my brother left me a 1988 Ford Bronco II. This poor thing has been run in to the ground. I have been working on it as much as I can. Every time I think I have found the problem? It will run good for maybe 10 miles? I have put both new fuel pumps on it. after the tank on went out. all new sensors. new breaks new wheel bearings. drove it to work two days ago. ran great to work. then started running bad like fold spark plugs. I am lots I want to get it running in memory of my Brother
  • Volvo 1982

Regards,

I am writing because I am interested in being considered, hear my story and be selected for the reconstruction of my husband's car. It is a Volvo 1982, manual transmission and turbo, which has had for 17 years, and his life, says he does not change it for anything, it's yours and nobody takes it away, including his son asks him about the this car and tells him not to. The very pride always goes to his car, when out for a walk in, open the sunroof, brush your hair, lights a cigarette, and let's turn on the radio. I would like to choose it as he has been a man who has fought hard to get ahead in life. His father was in bed for many years and he and his sisters were dedicated to care at night while Mom worked. With his first couple helped in raising three girls, then God gave him the opportunity to be a father of a man who is your copy. After that relationship, he had a daughter with another person and that girl is his worship. It is now my partner for seven years and they have taken care of my two children that he and I have directed as the father of my children does not fulfill his duty as a father. So this wonderful man that God put in my way, who thought much start over and we've walked and struggled to keep going, deserves this and much more. Economically not been able to give the wanted maintenance to his car, he has tried on several occasions the body and fix the upholstery but meanwhile commitment, has failed. Sometimes he tells me, my love is that I have three women who maintain .... joke for their commitment to their children. Since it earns in his workshop auto mechanic and technician will barely enough to pay the pensions of their two children and help with the cost of our home, so long finally fix her car runs again. This opportunity would be the way to thank all the effort, love, dedication and commitment to her family!!

VMartinez

San Juan PR

La Isla del Encanto

Thank You.

• A OVERHAULIN wish for my hero's "69 Camaro" and A Dream!

My husband has held on to his first car a "1969" Camaro that he bought when he was sixteen. He dreams to fix it but we have never had the finances for that wish to come true. He has had so much loss in his life, his brother at 27, his sister to breast cancer at 48, his 24 year old niece was killed tragically, his mom who suffered for years with chronic diabetes-visiting her every night for many years until her passing and now taking care of his 92 year old father. Always putting his family first and himself last. Not a night goes by without going to feed his father before he takes a bite of his own dinner. He has also given so many years of devotion to his wife and two children and now a grandchild on the help me to help my husband John find his dream and drive his car again someday.

Sincerely,

A loving and proud wife~
  • My boyfriends '2000 Ford Ranger' needs help

Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year and this truck has broken down so many times. We try to go on dates, but always have to call his friends for help. Before he got it a tree fell on the bed, not only denting it, but also taking off the tail gate. Since then we've gotten a bright blue bed with a green tailgate. IT NEEDS HELP. He is going into his senior year of high school and college is around the corner and he needs a reliable ride to and from. Please help him!!!!
  • 1987 Buick . is calling for your team.

Hey I need you're most heartfelt assistance to get my Turbo Buick GN back together and complete. Well not just put back together, but all "Foosed-up", which would be better than new.

Man, it was during my very last final college exam before graduation, when it was pilfered from the parking lot. I fell apart since that day, like as though, your wife or girlfriend passed away, but it was even worse....

About a week later, most of the car was recovered and I just couldn't let it go.

I promised myself that I would do my best to piece this back together, and I started to make good progress. I had acquired a complete, running car, almost identical to mine, but it was really running rough with a lot of miles on was owned by this old man that had just moved up from Texas.

Anyhow, Ive come to discover that my car that was recovered abandoned, needs a little more work and parts that I had not anticipated. These fuckin car thieves, took everything that did not have serial numbers on it, and I knew one day, that I would see some beat up regular Regal, made into a fake GN.

And I did shortly thereafter, but thats another chapter in this story.

Back to my car, since then, I was very busy workin with my father and his business, and my income did not reflect it. Low on funds, and no time, my car kept getting put on the back burner. Then, my father decided to cease the business operation, and found myself out of work, and a small problem with the law enforcement, landed me in jail. I have somehow managed to keep it and it is still undercover in a secret location storage unit.

Now in a blink of an eye, its been almost 20 years since it was registered. I cant seem to let it go, because not only did I always want one, and thought I would never be able to afford it, but it was a great thanks to my older brother, that had purchased it from the dealership, brand new back in 1987... and after 5 years, sold it to me for no money down and monthly payments to him. I hate to see it continue to sit, even though it is being preserved and kept hidden out of view, but the value of it has maintained very high, and has been on its upward trend for a long time now. I need you and your great team, to perform the magical touches in operating on my 87 GNAT.

It has been calling for your team and to be on your show, (my car is screaming) "help me, help me"...

"Please let me be on your show"....

thanks

• Ford F-150

Your expertise makes vehicles better than when they were first built. If possible, it would be a blessing if you were overhaulin' my son's 1996 Ford F-150 V6. Jamie came to visit us while i was on active duty in the USMC stationed on Oahu, Hawaii. The day before flying home on January 17, 1999, Jamie drowned on the North Shore. we flew him back to Cali on January 23, 1999. It was one of the sadist days of our lives! tami and i have had the truck ever since. we hope to never let go of it. The truck is in pretty good condition, and if you were to overhaul it - we would be able to hold on to a piece of his physical memory for a long, long time. Sure hope you would take this overhaulin' adventure into consideration. It would truly be a blessing to our family.
  • Awesome 1969 Ford Thunderbird with suicide doors in need of fixing up

Please help my husbands dream come true. He is desperately looking for help to fix up his black beauty. Please email him at if you want pictures and details, I will be forever grateful.
  • I Crave, Gasoline . . . !

Man you guys make some sweet rides! Show after show I'm blown away. You know, I'll probably never have my second favorite car, a 67 Mustang Fastback, and that's okay I suppose. My neighbor bought one and beefed it up when I was still riding bicycle around 1969 and I've loved them ever since.

What I'm really wondering about is this: Ever since the PT Cruiser came out they remind me of an old panel truck from the sixties. Even closer in form to the old panel is the Chevy HHR. I've always wonder why Chevy hasn't made an HHR into a four wheel drive panel truck, slightly jacked up rig for off-road use for outdoor enthusiasts. Hunters, campers, and outdoorsy people would love it! Then it hit me why Chevy hasn't done it yet - Chip Foose needs to show them the way! I'd love to see you build one for the show. I v

can only imagine what an HHR would look like . . . Foose-afied! Ok sure I'll humbly take the first one.
  • Help Me; says a 1965 convertable TR 6!!!

My closest friend, Dennis has a car that is in desperate need of a make-over. His TR 6 would be worth the work in your show, and I would like to enter it to surprise my friend with a lovely appreciation gift. He took me and my family into his home, and kept us from a homeless situation in the streets of Los Angeles. He has a heart of gold, and has many situations of kindness. He deserves a pleasant surprise, and since he owns several classical cars, yet cannot acquire the funds to fix them, I thought it would be cool to contact you for help. Please help...
  • Cuda Man in the Desert

My boyfriend has been working on his 1970 383 Cuda since high school (Class of 1977 Palm Springs High). He's a printer by trade and raised his three children by himself here in Palm Desert, California. The Cuda was garaged for many years - not having the money to put into it. About two years ago his kids help pay for new tires and moved his Cuda to a garage next door to his print shop so he could start work on it. It's been a long two years with a lot of love and money going back into it. For Christmas we were able to go through the Classic Industries catalog (much loved around our home) and buy lots of little parts that he needed. He's had the brakes and exhaust completed but know that the transmission needs an overhaul and trying to save up for the paint job could be impossible. We are a Mopar family all the way! He wants all original parts back on and the original orange paint job - it's been primer black for about 20 years. I can't think of a more deserving, selfless man who appreciate help with his beloved Cuda.
  • Worthy Hardworking Father, Husband, and Grandpa

My dad is the best man I know. He works 60+ hours a week, a loving husband to my mother for 26 years, a devoted father to his three children, the best grandpa my nephew could as for, supports and shelters all of us, went back to school and payed for his college education and pays for my State college currently. He takes care of all 5 of us under his roof. He feeds us, makes sure that everyone is taken care of and never asks for anything in return. If anyone deserved to be overhauled it would be my dad Lloyd. He has been a car enthusiast since he was a young boy. He has owned a 1970 Chevelle Malibu ever since he was a late teen and he was born in 64, so it's been nearly 30 years. His Chevelle has always been his baby, he has saved money for it ever since I can remember. With all of his responsibilities of being the head of our household and financial strain to keep our family together he has always had to put his dream of getting his car fixed on hold, for us. Its time that I do something for him and get him overhauled! He works hard, he deserves it. He even spoke of GIVING UP and SELLING his Chevelle. That broke my heart. When I asked him why, he responded by saying he has put so much money into it he can't afford to keep doing it. This made me feel like this was my fault because my father is paying for my CSU- Long Beach education and I know that is not cheap. To think that my father has to give up on his dream for me to achieve mine just kills me :((((( The car runs great, it would just need your cosmetic expertise with paint and interior. He's even got new tires and rims. My fathers dream is almost complete, but with your help he will get everything he truly deserves!!!! So please Overhaulin', make my dad's dream come true!!!<3333
  • My husband needs help with making a dream happen

My husband is a dedicated man, father and brother who is very well deserving for him to be selected for an Overhaul. He has a 1966 AMC Ambassador that he started restoring a few years ago. Unfortunately, his mom had a heart attack and was in a coma for a month. God let us have another 2 years with her then she became ill and spent her last few months in the hospital and last few days on hospice until she passed away the day before Easter in 2013. She loved to ride in the Ambassador and told him to never get rid of it cause it was her favorite car. Finishing this car would be in honor of Diane Scott, my mother-in-law that treated me more like a daughter. He has gone through a lot with losing a sister, brother and now his mother over a period of time. Please select his Ambassador for an Overhaul. Thank you and God bless you.
  • Make my husband's dream come true

My husband is served as an MP and then 23 years in civilian law enforcement. He Loves cars and watches Velocity day and night. In 2012 his father died. He was able to get his Dad's 1967 Cougar. He wants so badly to restore it , but with his medical and medicine bills we struggle making it on my nurses salary and his disability. He had hope to get it painted this year when he got some money from the estate, but taxes took it. Please make his dream come true and help him to restore his car before his health declines too far for him to enjoy it.
  • Dedicated Husband/Father is the gearhead of the century - 1970 GTO

Hi Overhalin. My husband has a 1970 GTO. He has had that car for well over ten years, before we met. The car has always taken the back burner as over the last ten years, he met me :) We bought a house, got married, and had two small boys. He watches every car show out there. He is the epitome of a gear head. He especially loves Overhaulin. He buys parts here and there and works on it all the time as we can afford it. That is his dream car, we go to car shows all the time and he ends up talking to anyone that owns a GTO for half an hour at least. He is a blue collar guy that works very hard and does very little for himself.

• Future Marine and his pride n joy 1986 GMC Sidestep

Hi, my son is18 years old and has always wanted to be Marine since he was 5 years old. His dream is coming true, as he leaves for basics in July of this year. Two years ago he found the truck of his dreams, which has become his pride n joy. He has worked hard to pay for his truck and to fix things on it here and there. As parents we have tried to help him when we can but that hasn't been a whole lot.

We would love to see him get his truck fixed up. He loves your show and watches it all of the time as he dreams of what his truck could be. Please help my son with his pride and joy 1986 GMC truck. Body wise it is not to bad of shape only a little rust. the engine is what needs most work. As a great surprise I would like to see maybe an American Flag painted on the tailgate. He extremely patriotic and extremely proud of the Untied States of America. Please help my son! From a very proud mom of a future United States Marine.
  • Fiance's Chevy Z24 died and was gift from grandmother when she passed away... Please help us restore this car for him!

My fiance Troy has been in the military service for over 16 years, He injured his knee pretty badly (smashed his patella into a few parts) has been going through years of physio and always has the knee pain yet he still works hard providing medical care to anyone who needs it. He is currently a Canadian medic (for the past 8 years or so) He was given this Chevy Z-24 when his grandmother passed away, It was her last car and when she decided to buy it they showed her the level down and she test drove it but said "i want something with more pep!" so they showed her the Z-24 and she loved it. It is very sentimental and he spends all his time taking care of others and myself as i suffer from chronic pain and cannot work. He has spent hundreds of dollars keeping his car in repair in fear of losing it completely and now at the worst of times when he has become broke from keeping it fixed we now need a new engine basically as the head gasket seems to have blown, and I would hate for him to have to get rid of the car he has put so much into. He was extremely attached to his grandmother as she was a really amazing woman and he was the youngest of her grandchildren and only boy of them. She drove until she was 92 (up until 2 weeks before she passed away from kidney failure) the kind of older woman who drove fast but well and safely, complained her 80 some year old friends were too slow on occasion, and always brought a smile to everyone's face when they spent even a few moments with her. My fiance has given so much to the communities he has lived in (moved around for military reasons) and is a big heart'd caring loving man who does everything he can to make everyone else days better. Please is there a possibility that you may be able to help us out and restore his baby to the way it used to be? We live in Canada in a base town (Trenton Ontario) so I don't know if we are out of reach on doing this. But he has done so much for so many and i just think he deserves to see his car restored for him as a huge thank you for everything he does for so many people. Please contact me by e-mail if this is at all possible Thanks.
  • x-marine,&16.5 years caretaker for elderly mother also he took me off the streets & got me cleaned up & off DRUGS

I have long time friend of 20 yeats that has taken care of his elderly handicapped mother but during this time he found the time and energy to help many friends who were down on their luck and homeless in the area. The apartment complex where his mother lived for 28 years was up for sale and his mothers health was not getting any better so he took this opportunity to move her to the country for her last was one of the few sons that would have taken on such a task. His mother passed at the end of August 2014, now he fights for his real baby, a 96 Chev truck was hit by a drunk driver in the middle of the night. If anyone deserves

to be OVERHAULED. Its WALTER STRAUSSER
  • Vietnam Veteran Marine has done right for his country let us show our appreciation and fix his 1970 Boss 302

Dennis Smith gave himself to fight for our Freedom. His baby (70 Boss Mustang) needs his attention badly. He suffers not only from agent orange results, serious back injury he has too much pride to ask, so I am, please help him help himself. We live in the mountains not near like a city. Give us a call please at 707-279-1226 if you can help. We are not good at the computer so please contact us 9089 Hwy 175, Kelseyville CA 95451 or 707-279-1226 please let us show him our appreciation.
  • ROCcK Rolls for all ages

We have 2002 Handicap van that's in pretty good shape. We use it to transport my Dad in hi power wheelchair. We also use it to transport the ROCcK Children's choir to events. ROCcK means Raising Our Commitment to cancer Kids. The choir performs 50 events to help inspire kids of all ages. We have no money for van repairs or improvements. We need permanent/portable benches and a little body work. Can you help?
  • My Pet Peeve

I beg my fiance'e rid of his car all of broken bend rust not running many you names it! His car is 1983 Monte Carlo with top window need rid of it he stubborn to keep his car. He refused to sell. Help me to pick him. I know hes on disability wouldn't afford himself. He keep his car like for 20 years.
  • Not a fan anymore

I have been watching the show for a few year . All I see get done are the rich and TV stars. That is all I have to say. Will not and do not watch anymore.
  • this used to an interesting show...

the bimbos and "hip" "music" detract from the message in a bad way.

no shop full of working men needs the distraction of skanky women trotting around in the way.

you can easily see the annoyance on many of the guys' faces...

the creativity of Chip Foose and skills of the mechanics are amazing!
  • Their Is No One Else More Deserving!

My husband, in one year, fell off a roof and broke five parts of his pelvic bone and two lower vertebrae. Two weeks after he recovered from that injury and had just gone back to work, he fell down the stairs in our home. He was paralyzed for a day and in the hospital for a week due to equilibrium issues. Two weeks after he recovered from that injury and went back to work, he was driving on a highway and a semi truck was parked on the side of the road (illegally), the wind caught my husband jeep commander and sent him head on into the truck going 65 mph. He broke two upper vertebrae and severed the tendons in his hand. He has been through many surgeries and three years to recover. He is my hero. He has finally gone back to work and though he still struggles with pain he has a smile on his face. After the accident and Rick not being able to work we could only afford a 1997 Jeep Cherokee that we purchased for $2000. My husband loves that car. He was a mechanic for 15 years and had planned on fixing up the car himself but with the injuries he has sustained he is not able. Everyone loves my husband. There is no one else more deserving.
  • Saving "Ol Blue"

Hello Chip! I'm the proud owner of a 1967 Mercedes Benz 250S. I affectionately call him "Ol Blue" because that is the color. Chip I'm a twenty-six (26) year . Army Viet-Nam veteran. I'm a proud father of four (4) children, seven (7) grand children, and one (1) great-grand child. My loving wife and I have been married for forty-one (41) years. Chip I have loved old cars since I was a child, and for sure couldn't afford one then. It was hard raising a family in the military, especially after the Viet-Nam war ended. I purchased "Ol Blue" from an American civilian in Frankfurt, Germany only to find that he took advantage of me as the car was in bad shape! I kept "Ol Blue" and brought him back to the States trying to save him. As money would permit, I would attempt to make repairs. As it stands, I'm retired now and drawing social security. So, for sure now the money isn't available. Chip, I've watched your show continuously, and I feel as though I'm right there on the set; feeling every bit of the emotions the owners and the inside contact fills when the final "Overhaul" is revealed. I even find myself clapping and cheering at the reveal as if it was "Ol Blue" there under the spot light! Chip, if you and the "A Team" would find it in your hearts to grant my request favorable consideration for an "Overhaul" on Ol Blue, I would be forever grateful to each of you. Thanks in advance for your review.
  • A Last Chance Gift

This show is just as inspiring as it is fun to watch!

My answered prayer would be for my mother to be able to see her 1974 Satellite Sebring Plus restored. The car hasn't run in years but the body is still in pretty good condition. The car is still loved by my mother and she has saved it covered in the back yard for years.

My mother has had the car for nearly all my life (and I am 40). A silly story, she sold her car to her grandson when he was 5 years old, a very pleased child making a very important purchase for a very expensive $5. My mother is almost blind now, with a degenerative eye disease haunting her future ability to watch her grandchildren grow, I would love for her to be able to see, even if slightly, her car restored and more importantly, be able to have her grandson give her a ride in that very same car.
  • Down on hs LUCK!

20 years of financial struggle to make one mans car dream a reality.

3 rebuilds, Top 5 fastest aspirated Torana TUFF LJ, Perth Street Car magazine submission life was great for our 3rd child after 20 years. Then tragedy happened during a car event at Powercruise Barbagello's raceway, where I nearly lost my husband after rolling his pride and joy 5 times and ending up on his roof, breaking threw his windscreen to get out. Not much could be salvaged except for the engine, all car panels destroyed!

This is in his blood, watching your show tonight he said "Only if someone could help me restore my next project HT Holden UTE and not take another 10 years" Life is getting him down without a beast to drive. This was always his outlet away from tough times and I can only wish that he could have a guardian angel out there to help!

Thanks for reading xx

• A deserving Grandpa!!!!

I'm sure you get lots of request for help, but i'll try anyway. My husband is a great guy, he is also my caregiver, and care for three fostered grandchildren. I suffer from Lupus and RA, my man is always taking the time to ensure my needs are met, although it leaves him little time for himself. We also have 3 grandkids that CPS took away from my gaughter that we are currently raising. My husband has a 1963 Ford Falcon he bought several years ago, it needs alot of body work. I wish you could help him.
  • We desperate need your help!!!!

My husband made a mistake of buying a 1978 Corvette in an auction without knowing the condition that it was in. The car didnt even drive straght when we took it out of the auction!!. Because he doesnt know about mechanics, he assured me that his dad will help him. The same day he called his dad, his mother told him his dad had terminal lung cancer. I dont have to tell you that between chemo and radiation, his dad couldnt even travel to see the car. Because we live in Social Security my husband has been trying to fix the car himself, which ALWAYS end up worst that when he started. We are already $12,000 in debt for repairs that we owe and cant pay and the car is still a mess. I hope you find it in your heart to help us,

God bless you

Debbie
  • my grandmothers 996 dream

my dad bought a 996 2002 Porsche, he always wanted to take is mom out in a convertible unfortunately before my dad can get the car to look awesome his mom was diagnosed with stomach cancer and she died a few weeks ago, now my dad has also been diagnosed with colon cancer . the car sits in the garage my dad seems like he lost interest in driving that car, he is going through chemo therapy for the next four month I would like to see this car overhauled with some nice wide fenders and stuff like that. I never seen in your show a Porsche been overhauled , I think my dad would like driving the car again if you guys overhauled it, my dad is a good father awesome friend always giving a helping hand's to his friend when they need help fixing their car, he served his county for thirteen year in the active armed service and now for the past 19 years he has been providing security at are borders as a border patrol agent please overhaul his car I know it would lift his moral, thank you guys , if you met my dad you would like him allot he is just a god honest caring person that has gone through a lot in such a short time. he would be a great addition to the Foose family
  • 1976 Land(crusher)Cruiser needs a miracle

My son (Christian) was struck by lightening in 1995 when he was eleven while at his first football practice, it was a miracle he survived. He was never able to compete on the football field again. His grandfather (Charlie) passed away two years later and left Christian a 1976 Landcruiser to him and it's his pride & joy. It is still stock with the exception of a paint job Charlie had done on it in 1979 and in very good condition, but this classic truck needs a miracle or the elements will have won the battle. We would love for Christian to be able to drive a completely restored Landcruiser in honor of his grandfather and the twentieth anniversary of his being struck by lightening on 8/17/1995. We need another miracle, can you provide it for him? This would send Christian on to a positive future knowing this family treasure is once again in top condition!