Overhaulin'

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Velocity Premiered Apr 13, 2004 In Season

Overhaulin' Fan Reviews (422)

• .Husband has no time. Work a lot for the family.

My husband work so much to get what the kids and I need . He work for AEP electric company. He all was on call. When he is not on call he choose to be with family then work on his mustang. He has all way wont to have a mustang to work on. We found one . We got it about 4 years ago. He worked on it for little bet then we need him to work more time at his job to get by. Since then he has not had time to go back and work on his Mustang. He is a good dad and husband. He love your show and how you all work on stuff. If you could help use out to get his dream car done for him. That would mean so much. If I know about how to fix it up I would do it for him. please help to make him happy.

Jolene Thomas

lineman's wife
  • Husband's 1968 Judge Pontiac GTO and 1969 Judge GTO

My husband is a fan of the show. He has always been a hard working man and always took care of his family first. His passion is racing, but has had many setbacks that prevented him from fullfilling his dream. After a disability he has not been able to continue to finish either car. He has gotten a lot done, but with his disability and money it has now put things at a stand still. We also have a family issues and his mother is now having to live with us and we are taking care of her. It would mean so much to the both of us if he could

get at least one finished to complete his dream. Thank you for having a shoiw like this that gives people their hopes and dreamns alive. Please consider my husband. He deserves this so much!
  • Sentimental Jeep

My daughter's 1998 Jeep means so much to her that she will not part from it even though it stays in the shop more than it is driven. It has been in the shop for 7 months now waiting on the mechanic to find the right parts to fix the rear end again! She won't part with it bc her best friend who passed away almost 2 years ago went with her to buy the jeep, drove it home from Little Rock, and taught her how to drive it. They shared many memories in her jeep. I would love to have it fixed up and made into a dependable ride for her because she does so much for me and others for example watching her 7 y/o sister and 3 y/o brother for a month while I was in Texas helping my best friend through radiation. She is currently going to college full time close to home at a 2 year college. She will graduate this December and move on to a 4 year college. I would love to see her Jeep fixed by people who know what it needs. Please consider fixing her jeep for her! I love the work you all do! Thank you!
  • The bad luck just never stops

My brother is having the worst luck ever. Laid off from work and although he tries very hard to work other jobs in the meantime between a bad back, arthritis and what seems to be an endless supply of kidney stones he seems to be fighting a losing battle. To top things off his 2003 mountaineer (his only car) blew up yesterday. Now getting back to work is going to be impossible. He is so depressed now it is sad. He tries so hard and always seems to lose out. Earlier in his life he helped so many people as a mechanic by doing what others could not. I think he deserves someone to help him this time. Please have it in your heart to help him.

Thank you for reading.
  • An awesome man and his truck

My husband is a gentle, dedicated, hard working guy! He has raised 4 awesome children & has 8 grandkids who all think he is some kind of wonderful, they have called him macgyver for years. He is totally mechanically gifted and humble to boot! His problem is, he finds no time to work on his own stuff! He has always been helping everyone else. He would never expect that something like overhaulin could come his way. I know because he loves the show and commends the talented guys, amazed at all they do , however he has stated he does not see himself worthy of such a gift. We're talking about his 1995 ford power stroke, 4x4, 350, diesel. We pull a 5 th wheel with it when we get a chance to get away. His dream is to retire someday soon and travel the states but is concerned with the current integrity of his beloved ford truck. Warmest regards, a loving family
  • Love Your Work

I love cars and trucks, anything chevy,gmc .

I had plans to restore my 88 Chevy stepside but

Things changed when I fell from a roof in 2013. That day changed my life and my dreams of having a nice classic that I can say I did that,now I

Have to ride a power chair walk with crushes.

I know someone else has to write about me but I

MY wife is not good with posting views.

I just that I could get picked for your show.

THANKS, FOR LISTENING
  • A Corvette lover and his quest for restoration.

This man is a three time care giver, who loved and cared for 3 wonderful woman. His mother, his grandmother and finally his aunt. When his aunt passed he was left with a special request that he accepted her 1966 Corvette Stingray Coupe and restored it before its 50th Birthday so he can then spread her ashes in Lake Tahoe Ca. I have watched as hes worked himself almost to death to achieve this goal but as May is approaching its just not going to happen as the means are just not there. He is the most hard working honest man i ever known and i feel noone is more deserving, his primary goal in life is to honor his aunt and keep his promise. He has no children, barely an exsistence outside of working extremly hard. At 47 its time to finally see him relax.

contact Reehl
  • A man and his car

As I read all the reviews below, I realize how many people out there who are truly deserving of the gift of being overhauled. I would like to add my husband Pat Murphy to this list of deserving people. My husband bought his 69 Chevelle when he was 15, because he couldnt legally drive until he was 16, his mother Ruby drove the car for a year until he got his license to drive. From that day forward he was was known as the guy in Langley, BC with the Red Chevelle. This car is his treated it with respect and love. When Pat decided to go back to University at 26 to become a teacher the Chevelle was taken off the road and he drove a more economical vehicle in order to save money on gas for the long drive to UBC and back each day. The Chevelle came out one more time, the night Pat proposed marriage to me on June 20, was the last time the Chevelle has been on the road. Pat and I got married on December 31, 1996, he graduated university, started his teaching career and not too long after we welcomed our son, Jack into our lives in 1999 and a daughter Madison in 2002. Over the years Pat has been a very dedicated Husband, father and teacher; never asking for a thing for himself and always providing for his family and students. Pat works as a teacher, he teaches summer school, he has been mowing grass for clients for 15 years and finishes basements in order to provide for our personally have never seen anybody work endlessly and NEVER complain. I see the look in his eyes of sadness when we visit the Chevelles resting ground at my parents house in pieces to one day be restored. I feel so helpless because we have not had the financial ability to have it restored and it breaks my heart. If I could have one wish, it would be to have my husbands baby overhauled. I love this man with all my heart and I would give anything to see the look on his face and give him a renewed assurance that miracles can happen!!! Thank you.
  • Sad day for the 69 roadrunner

We have a 69 roadrunner and 68 satalite. We bought them with intentions to restore them and make matching cars for us. Sad thing is we were in a bad motorcycle acident on sept. 19/2015. My hubby wants to sell the roadrunner to help pay for medical bills. The person that we hit didn't have much insurance and it was her fault she ran a stop sign. Another thing is we arnt sure if mu hubby's hands will be able to do anymore work on the cars. I would rather restore a car for him and sell mine. He had a roadrunner as the first car he bought as a teen. This is so sad and I hate to see him sell something he has worked his whole life to get and restore. Even if you can't help and know someone who could or even buy my car to restore his would also be ok. I just don't want to see his dream go to medical bill because of someone else's stupidity. Sad wife of almost 35 years. That will be on Christmas Eve. My wouldn't it be a great anniversary present for him. Please at least respond. Thank you. I love your show and it is one of my hubby's favorites also.
  • flag etiquette on your show on 11/11/15

I was watching your show on veterans day and seen a girl with a shirt on that had a flag on it, I wish people would learn flag etiquette. the blue always go to the upper left hand side. I wish someone would talk about that on a show so people would know!

• Trans Am - My husband's dream

My husband bought a old TA over 9 years ago that was rough to say the least. He has worked hard doing what he could and working side jobs to help pay for other things. The motor is in need of a lot of work. He would love to have a new one or the one he has rebuilt. I would love to see his dream come complete. It would be a great to see him surprised and thrilled beyond belief.
  • The Chevellian

My boyfriend went away for 10 yrs and without hesitation his 69 Chevelle started right has eaten at the roof of it with is too kind to everyone and I know he deserves a little needs to be and deserves it sooooo much, to be OVERHAULED!

• english?

I am an American from germany. I speak english. Why can't you find someone who can speak the language? Went to a different channel.
  • Son's Dream

My son is 42 and was diagnosed with cancer of appendix in 2014. He is continuing his battle since cancer has spread and fears he will never get well enough to rebuild the engine in his 1995 Mustang which he loved to race before his illness. I would love to see him get behind the wheel of his favorite car again. He blew the engine about a year before his illness and I purchased him a new engine in hopes to keep his spirits up last year. He has not felt well enough to even try to repair. Please help him. Thank you for your consideration and I know you have many worthy applicants. Ya'll do a great job and bring such joy to others.
  • AGING FATHERS DREAM

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO GET ON THIS SHOW, MY FATHER HAD A 1956 CHEVY 1/2 TON PICKUP WHEN I WAS ABOUT 6 OR 7 YEARS OLD AND NOW I AM 54 YEARS OLD AND MY FATHER HAS ALWAYS DREAMED OF HAVING ANOTHER TRUCK LIKE THAT SOME DAY, HE IS 78 YEARS OLD NOW AND HAS HAD 2 OPEN HEART SURGERIES IN THE LAST 6 YEARS AND DIED BOTH TIMES AND BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND FAMILY PRAYER, I RECENTLY OBTAINED THE EXACT SAME TRUCK IN ALB. NM. FLEW OUT THE NEXT DAY AND BOUGHT THE TRUCK AND DROVE OUT 2 WEEKS LATER AND TRAILERED IT HOME, TIRES WERE TO ROTTEN TO DRIVE BACK, BUT THE TRUCK IS IN GREAT SHAPE FOR ITS AGE, STRAIGHT 6 / 3 ON THE TREE, RUNNING AND EVERYTHING WORKS, WE LIVE IN THE FORT WORTH TX AREA AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO GET THIS TRUCK BUILT FOR MY FATHER IN THE LAST OF HIS YEARS TO ENJOY, MY NAME IS DAROL RENFRO AND MY FATHERS NAME IS BOB RENFRO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS JUST A DREAM FOR MY FATHER BY ME AND CAN YOU CAN HELP MAKE HIS DREAMS COME TRUE ! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME! I KNOW THIS IS A REVIEW SECTION AND I AM NOT SURE IF THIS IS WHERE I AM SUPPOSED TO APPLY MY ENTRY. PREVIOUS OWNER WAS THE OWNER OF THE TRUCK SINCE 1970.
  • Deserving son

I would like to tell you about my son and his truck. He is only 14 and he found his own job and bought a 1968 Chevy truck to restore.

5 years ago I had 3 strokes and went from a single professional dad making fair money. To a father who is on disability struggling everyday. Through all this, my son has maintained great grades and is in the honors program at his high school plays football and works on the weekends. All while only being 14.

A year ago he paid out a gentleman for a 1968 Chevrolet C20 that the man brought and dropped off at our house. It doesn't run and needs a frame up restoration. I really hope you will consider restoring his truck, he is a great kid and really deserves it.

• 1969 Corvette for my husband <3

I have the best husband and father of my three children(plus one on the way)! This 1969 Corvette belonged to his step-father, who he was very close to, but unfortunately a few years ago his step-father passed away suddenly. The only thing my husband got after his step-father passed was this beautiful 1969 corvette(granted the only way we were able to get it was trade our Audi S4 with his mother). The corvette unfortunately doesn't run; although we spent our last $2500 to try and get it to run, but it wasn't enough. The car only has 12,000 original miles(matching numbers), and the outside is dent-free, primed and ready to be painted. My husband is a stay-at-home dad(trying to get through school), and I'm a registered nurse in the ICU at night. My husband never asks for anything; he's such a giver. It would mean the WORLD to him if you could please choose his 1969 Corvette to be fixed up! :) He loves your show, and I would love to see his face if you could please surprise him! :)
  • 1981 malibu clasic

hi i'm a fan of foose from Puerto Rico i always love muscle cars but never had the chance to build one i have this car for about 4 years ago since my brother past and strangely this car is built the same year my brother was born thats wy im so attach to it i can't work that much on it because of different type of condition that i have hope for the best thank you.
  • 1970 Monte Carlo needs some lovin'

My husband is a huge fan of the show,he is always saying to me"I wish someone would write into the show for me" Did I mention he has been watching the show since the beginning,therefore, I have heard this way too many has had this car 15 years and really has not had many opportunities to enjoy had a new engine put in,new exhaust,but it needs some new paint,new interior,just could use some overhaulin would mean so much to me to make my hard working,car lover husbands dream come you help?
  • 1993 Nissan 300x spaceship

I want to turn a 1993 Nissan 300x Convertible into a "Space Ship"?
  • i am a huge fan needing help with my dads 75 ford truck

i am a huge fan to y'alls show and i was wondering if you can help my dad get his 75 ford truck back on the road its been sitting for 3 years. We haven't had the money to do what we need to do to get it running it would be awsome and very big help if you could please help my dad.
  • Huge fan seeking help with Father's Tribute 77 Vette

I have always been a fan of the show but thoroughly enjoyed the switch to focus on veterans and emergency response support as my father always contributed to the local firefighters and we have a lot of military members in my family.

That said, my father has always been a person with a heart that was bigger than the sun. He's always giving unto others even when he hasn't been in the best of health. Every winter he gets out on his skid loader and clears snow from around the neighborhood and doesn't ask anyone for so much as a dime. Haven taken days out of his own life/time just to do something nice for everyone. He's always volunteering to help anyone with anything that he can and rarely asks for anything in return. He's constantly commuting his grandchildren to and from school while trying to help friends and neighbors in between his own personal projects. He constantly stretches himself too thin by trying to help everyone but himself.

The years have finally caught up with him and his favorite project has sat by the way side. He is the former owner of 2 vintage Convettes, 65 hardtop and 66 convertible, that he had to sell early in his marriage to support his family. Since then he has acquired a 77 Corvette Stingray that has undergone a partial restoration but he has yet to get back to the project. I would love to submit an application for him for your show so that for once, something grand can be done in his behalf. He is currently retired and trying to build a new home for himself and my mother off of his retirement and there just isn't enough to go around to get back to the car. He's a retired blue collar worker (construction ) and I think it would truly be an awesome gift for him should you consider this story to go along with an application for your show.

• '79 El Camino legend that almost never was

My husband, Cedric inherited the "love" of cars from his dad (William). Over the years of sharing that love of cars drove him to a "flirtatious affair". Almost on a daily basis, the calls text message pictures, attending car shows (local and abroad) were too many to count. It began with mustering up courage and strength to resist the temptation of buying a car on the way home from work or making a deal over the phone from one he saw in the newspaper on a whim. Many times he surrendered to the desire of owning "that" car.

My husband introduced his coworker to his dad because of the '79 El Camino he had for sale. He was making payments on the '79 El Camino when he realized the guy sold the car to someone. When my father in law confronted him about it he apologized and told him that he had another one that was the same year but in better condition than the one he sold. Thus, the legend that almost never was.

When he became ill he gave the car to my husband who had it shipped to our location out of state. William passed away in January this year without realizing restoration of the '79 El Camino. In honor of his dad's memory I'd like to surprise him on his 50th birthday (January 13, 2017) with the restoration project completed.
  • Son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' that hot rod Lincoln.

1964 Lincoln Continental - mechanically done - my son bought this car when he was 15. He is now 20 and in the Marine Corps. We're having fits trying to find someone to do the body work, paint and a few other little things to finish the car. Nothing major. He wants to keep it as close to original as possible. Would be a great car for the show or looking for someone reasonable in Central FL if y'all can recommend someone.
  • 83 Monte carlo

My fianc has always wanted his car fixed. It is falling apart and financially we haven't been able to fix it. He still drives it to work. Our wedding is in april. I would like us to drive out with his car with just married. Please make his dream come you frm long beach, ca
  • fix my truck 396

Help my husband got a dodge ram truck from his dad when he passed. Its been 5 years now and it still is not running right. He has put 2 motors in it plus I cant even count how much money besides that. I have talked to him about selling it for what ever he can get and get a new one but he wont part with it. We are going broke just trying to get this thing running. Now we were both injured at are jobs and are now only receiving SSDI which is maybe a third of what we were making working. I saw your show and thought maybe you could help. Now it is just sitting behind the house. The city keeps complaining because we don't move it enough. So every 3 days we have to move it. That is a real pain already got 3 tickets. I understand that this is a part of his father but if we don't do something soon not only will that be his truck but are happy home because we will loose everything. thank-you from desperate broke
  • My brothers blue bronco II

My name is Bruce. two years ago my brother left me a 1988 Ford Bronco II. This poor thing has been run in to the ground. I have been working on it as much as I can. Every time I think I have found the problem? It will run good for maybe 10 miles? I have put both new fuel pumps on it. after the tank on went out. all new sensors. new breaks new wheel bearings. drove it to work two days ago. ran great to work. then started running bad like fold spark plugs. I am lots I want to get it running in memory of my Brother
  • Volvo 1982

Regards,

I am writing because I am interested in being considered, hear my story and be selected for the reconstruction of my husband's car. It is a Volvo 1982, manual transmission and turbo, which has had for 17 years, and his life, says he does not change it for anything, it's yours and nobody takes it away, including his son asks him about the this car and tells him not to. The very pride always goes to his car, when out for a walk in, open the sunroof, brush your hair, lights a cigarette, and let's turn on the radio. I would like to choose it as he has been a man who has fought hard to get ahead in life. His father was in bed for many years and he and his sisters were dedicated to care at night while Mom worked. With his first couple helped in raising three girls, then God gave him the opportunity to be a father of a man who is your copy. After that relationship, he had a daughter with another person and that girl is his worship. It is now my partner for seven years and they have taken care of my two children that he and I have directed as the father of my children does not fulfill his duty as a father. So this wonderful man that God put in my way, who thought much start over and we've walked and struggled to keep going, deserves this and much more. Economically not been able to give the wanted maintenance to his car, he has tried on several occasions the body and fix the upholstery but meanwhile commitment, has failed. Sometimes he tells me, my love is that I have three women who maintain .... joke for their commitment to their children. Since it earns in his workshop auto mechanic and technician will barely enough to pay the pensions of their two children and help with the cost of our home, so long finally fix her car runs again. This opportunity would be the way to thank all the effort, love, dedication and commitment to her family!!

VMartinez

San Juan PR

La Isla del Encanto

Thank You.

• A OVERHAULIN wish for my hero's "69 Camaro" and A Dream!

My husband has held on to his first car a "1969" Camaro that he bought when he was sixteen. He dreams to fix it but we have never had the finances for that wish to come true. He has had so much loss in his life, his brother at 27, his sister to breast cancer at 48, his 24 year old niece was killed tragically, his mom who suffered for years with chronic diabetes-visiting her every night for many years until her passing and now taking care of his 92 year old father. Always putting his family first and himself last. Not a night goes by without going to feed his father before he takes a bite of his own dinner. He has also given so many years of devotion to his wife and two children and now a grandchild on the help me to help my husband John find his dream and drive his car again someday.

Sincerely,

A loving and proud wife~
  • My boyfriends '2000 Ford Ranger' needs help

Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year and this truck has broken down so many times. We try to go on dates, but always have to call his friends for help. Before he got it a tree fell on the bed, not only denting it, but also taking off the tail gate. Since then we've gotten a bright blue bed with a green tailgate. IT NEEDS HELP. He is going into his senior year of high school and college is around the corner and he needs a reliable ride to and from. Please help him!!!!