Oz

Exeunt Omnes

Aired Monday 11:00 PM Feb 23, 2003 on HBO

• This series was BOLD, Exacting, In-Your-Face and a genuine multi-dimensional, it captivated my attention and still does in reruns 8 years later.l Please bring back the actors writers and crew and do it again! "OZ 2012"

What can one say other than everything else pales in comparison. We need good ideas, writers, story-lines, directors, actors and crew and thats all! Wouldn't "Oz Deux" or "Return 2 OZ" be a wonderful surprise for 2012? Yes indeed!

This series was harsh, True, BOLD, exacting, In-Your-Face and had a genuine multi-dimensional feeling. You got to know and care about some characters and others you grew to hate. There was no apathy or "whatever" attitude within OZ nor in it's still loyal fans/viewers. A show that was so well written, and layered, its still FRESH and we continue to watch reruns to see each nuance in each episode. It has captivated my attention and still does in reruns 8 years later

Please bring back the actors writers and crew and do it again!

"OZ 2012" pretty please!
  • The last episode of Oz.

This episode was something special for starters. Some cast members from the past made a return (ie Hoyt, Vahue) which is good to see as they brought back so many good (and bad) memories of the show.

Tom Fontana has done a great job with writing this episode, he allowed the audience to feel sorry for Miguel Alvarez and Tobias Beecher and made us see a more caring and sympathetic side to Ryan O'Reily. The ending was done so well, it cannot possibly be brought back to life again. They just had to kill off every, single pivotal character on the show. However, in my opinion, six years is a fair stint although I wouldn't have objected if another season was added on ;P

For 100 minutes, it does it's best to provide closure but apparently there were more deleted scenes which I would love to see. Robson's, Alvarez's and Governor Devlin's storylines were sort of left open-ended, didn't feel fully satisified with it (in particular Robson's, one monologue then gone forever).

All up, the episode was an excellent send off for a fantastic show. Makes me wanna go to prison =). Of course I'm kidding!
    Peace...