Oz Forums

HBO (ended 2003)

Best OZ character?

gmvail23

[21]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 50
    Augustus Hill has always been my favorite, the end of season 5 made left me in complete shock. But at least he was still the narrator.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chrizzy_D

[22]Jul 8, 2009
    • level: 2

I liked the O'riley brothers they made a great team. Whilst Cyril was mentally handicapped he knew how to throw a mean punch. Ryan is a master manipulator with great charisma and is intelligent in his plots for revenge by manipulating others so never being suspected when a murder would benefit him.

I also like Miguel even though he can be seriously twisted smearing excrement on the walls in solitary. I missed him when he escaped in series 4. When he returned I wanted him to gain back El Norte but sadly was disappointed.

I also think jefferson Keane died too early he was a great character.

Kadaversson

[23]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 1
    Peter Schibetta!!!!

beautifulbambi

[24]Mar 29, 2010

I throughly enjoy all the characters! But to narrow it down...

Hill, Keeler, Pancamo, Adebesi, Alvarez and O'Reilly. I really don't like Beecher... I have no idea why!

okcomputer1016

[25]Nov 12, 2010
    • level: 3
    Obviously the brotherhood angle between Ryan and Cyril was awesome, but I gotta honestly say I loved Busmelis and Rebadow. They always cracked me up, and they were kinda unique in that they (usually) had interesting plotlines that didn't revolve around drugs or murder. Keller and Schillinger are great too... really, it's all the long-term characters that everyone liked. None of the huge second wave of "main" characters that came in like the 4th season.

ChosenOne310

[26]Dec 1, 2011
    • level: 12

Adebisi was my favorite character

BSGprophecy

[27]Dec 9, 2011
    • level: 4

100% Simon Adebisi

By far the best character. He was borderline crazy, unpredictable, scheming, brutal, and merciless. He was a bully, a sexual predator and a rapist, a totally self-centered inmate who only cared about drugs (tits) and sex. He was hated by everyone but he didn't care as he was without any morals or conscious. Now think about all them qualities! He was the epitome of everything bad in a Human being, the worst of the worst, a total violent scumbag criminal with NO HOPE of ever changing but even so, through all his wickedness and cruelty he was still a very like-able and addictive character to watch.

Its sort of disturbing to think that you like someone as bad as Adebisi because all your natural instincts should tell you to absolutely hate this man but for some reason you just can't. I'd have to say this a testament to Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, the man who played the Adebisi character. He was so believable, truly excellent acting. Nobody could have played this part better than Adewale.

AichaAgne

[28]Feb 14, 2012

I like Kareem Said for his wisdom and a big internal power, everyone feel respect for him. That he is the one who take cares of Oz life harmony, that is why he killed Adebisi to return harmony in Oz. And I also prefer Miguel Alvarez because he is rebel, he could be dead so many times but he had luck in his hands he is tough guy and he always alone not like the other, everyone has gangs, he is just on his own. And if you noticed some guys wanted to become just like him because they saw how cool is he, he is alone but not dying and doing whatever he wants. This is two men I think who should have a lot of attention.

AllisonDean

[29]Aug 20, 2012

Chris Keller is an amazing character. Beechers story always stuck with me and had a powerful affect on me. Ryan and Cyril are great (love that they are real life brothers too!!). Miguel Alvarez is the ultimate survivor, how many times did we think he was going to die?? Schillinger was a downright rotten scummy bastard whose I death I constantly wished for, I think that in itself shows what a great character he was. Augustus Hill was the best narrator and an awesome character. Said, Adebisi, Pancomo, Busmalis, all the characters in OZ are great. I always maintain that OZ has the best characters of any show I have ever watched, with the best character progression. You see each and every character tormented by Prison life, all going through the 5 stages. Its amazing.

But Sister Pete, Gloria and all the prison staff definitely deserve mentions. I always liked the gay crew in the show as well, they rarely showed up but when they did they were so good.

Sister Pete is the best though.

davidesommo

[30]Jan 18, 2013

I think every single character in Oz is brilliant and I like many of them, but my favourite hands down is Chris Keller :-D