Oz Forums

HBO (ended 2003)

Favorite Adebisi's Moments

Milks23

[1]Jun 28, 2006
    • level: 50

1. Given Nappa HIV.....that was ingenuis

2. When he raped Peter Schibetta

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DeadBabyDoll

[2]Jun 28, 2006
    • level: 17
    Off the top of my head:

-Standing in for Mavis at jefferson Keane's wedding.

- "What can I say, I am one bad-heart muthaf---a"

- Begging for poet to teach him to write rhymes about Nigeria "Man don't nothin' rhyme wit Nigeria!"

- When he's detoxing after the riot. He's tearing apart a pillow and singing.

tylerrosetv

[3]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 2
    without any doubt whatsoever my favorite Adebesi moment is when he says to Ryan (who recently discovered he has breast cancer):

"Go away, you got diseases."

The glib inflection plus the fun accent make this one of my all time top Oz moments.

Runner up is when Adebesi sang happy birthday to a frightened young "Bricks" Wangler.
    Edited on 07/18/2006 2:10pm
    Edited 2 total times.

DeadBabyDoll

[4]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 17

tylerrosetv wrote:
    without any doubt whatsoever my favorite Adabesi moment is when he says to Ryan (who recently discovered he has breast cancer):

"Go away, you got diseases."

The glib inflection plus the fun accent make this one of my all time top Oz moments.

Runner up is when Adabesi sang happy birthday to a frightened young "Bricks" Wangler.
    Hah, I thought how could I forget those two? and then I saw who wrote the post. good show.

"Go away you got diseases" "Relax Adebisi, cancer's not contageous" "that's what THEY say"

"Appy badday too Keeney, Appy badday too yooo"

Also during the riot, when he inexplicably was wearing a tie and no shirt and started fiending for t*ts

RealXBoxKiller

[5]Aug 23, 2006
    • level: 3
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 08/24/2006 2:11pm

Toliy

[6]Jul 19, 2007
    During the end of the Adabesi and Nappa feud... when Nappa, Chucky and Adabesi are in the shower area Adabesi starts talking about I talians and kissing on teh cheeck and they start explaining to him that it's all outta respect, and he says "Ohh respect, gotcha boss" and then when Nappa is leaving to the aids ward and waits for a kiss from Chucky and it doesnt come and when he's walking past adabesi and adabesi says see u lata boss

HatchetRyda77

[7]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 8
    maye not my fav, but most memoriable--- raping that kid in the cafeteria.

and completely owning oz whens querns was the leader guy.

adibesi rules.

Fitzycent

[8]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 16

His death was even pretty cool, Kinda going out like a warrior ยข

ilyahna

[9]Aug 3, 2007
    I'm completely curious reading this thread. I see people say their favorite moment of a sociopathic killer was one or the other instance in which he proved himself to be... cold, hateful, and devoid of empathy. My favorite "Adebisi moment" was when he allowed himself to feel a connection with his past when another African prisoner came to Oz (excuse me for not pausing to look up the name). I saw that Adebisi, at the depth of himself, was dissatisfied, and longing, and was fasinated with this portrayal because he is a very strong, very dominant character. I was never completely convinced of his "revival" and was proven correct in my judgment through the show, but I hoped for it nonetheless. I saw something very human in him... childlike, almost. A character needing nurture, and not hate, and too powerful to succumb to the "weakness" that is compassion in Oz. I wonder why those of you that have posted find something pleasant in the idea of rape. Or dominance. Or hate and anger with no other outlet. Oz is a fantastic show because it does not highlight mankind. It does not make people prettier than what they are, and therefore it is so telling about one as an idividual, the sorts of things the show makes them feel. I say ask yourselves why your "favorite Adebisi" moments are what they are. You'll learn a lot, and that is what makes this show superior.

ilyahna

[10]Aug 3, 2007
    Milks23 wrote:

1. Given Nappa HIV.....that was ingenuis

2. When he raped Peter Schibetta

Honestly. PLEASE, as a human being, and not just a woman, tell me why one of your favorite moments of this character was his rape of another man. I absolutely do not understand how anyone can find this pleasing, in any sense of the word.

Toliy

[11]Aug 7, 2007

Now i might not be able to write it out as good as you with the words and all that but here it is. I don't know how it is for everybody else but for me Adabesi is my favorite character and I love all his crazy moments for the simple fact that he just puts this kind of fear into ppl! He's a badd ass dude and he handles himself like a real bad ass dude should. He never really had men under him to rely on because lets face facts for him to get something done he always had to do it himself! Even though he looks like the type of character that would just kill you and be done with it he's not. He always did what had to be done. First season when him and O'Riley put glass in Shabeta's food, I loved ittt!! When the prisoners took over the prison and adabesi and his boys through that desk out the window in the riot episode and he was sitting on his chair with a that toy thing in his mouth and he looked down out the window and him and O'Riley winked at each other, i loveddd itt!! When Chucky and shabetta cornered him in the kitched in season 2 and he beat theheck outta them I lovedd it! WHen he pretended to be all reborn as a good person that wants to help people and ended up sending Nappa to the aids wardd, I LOVED ITTT!! And guess when he had full control of the prison and did whatever the hell he wanted, i LOVED IT TOO!! Those were my favorite moments for the simple fact that everytime i see that I just have to get up and screamm from the top of my lungs, one word.... ADABESIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On what other show and what other character can you find that was more bad ass then him, because I cant think of a single one!

Plus I love his accent and some of the lil quotes he used to say... Gotcha boss, Happy birthday to kenny and Your delirious

JohnnyPromoshot

[12]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 7

I could see why someone would think the rape of Petey would be a favorite moment--poetic justice for someone who thought they were invincible-- you must remember that Schiabetta was trying to be his father when in fact he was far from it. Peter was raped because he was trying to kill Adebisi (which makes him far from an innocent victim). Shouldn't it be fair that murder is just as if not more heinous than rape? I can understand the rape of someone innocent as being unfunny and unamusing, but Peter was anything but innocent. Death is pretty much permanent, at least Petey was able to come back and start his feuds all over again--which lead to his second rape by Schillinger.

My favorite Adebisi moments:

1. Definitely his withdrawal from heroin after the riot--throwing the feathers from the pillow up in the air and singing some incoherent song.

2. His little song and dance after the death of Jara--socks halfway off his feet.

3. His "takeover" of Em City in season 4.

4. When Quernes asked him "How do you keep that thing on your head?"

matzaa

[13]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 25
    yeah,well i kinda don't like adebisi that much.anyway, i'm the only girl who watches this show?

vioray

[14]Dec 24, 2013

JohnnyPromoshot wrote:

Shouldn't it be fair that murder is just as if not more heinous than rape? I can understand the rape of someone innocent as being unfunny and unamusing, but Peter was anything but innocent. Death is pretty much permanent, at least Petey was able to come back and start his feuds all over again--which lead to his second rape by Schillinger.

that depends on whether you consider murder to be a more heinous crime than rape or not. besides which if you argue that Adebisi's retaliation was justified you have to consider that Petey's retaliation for his fathers death would be justified and so on