Oz Forums

HBO (ended 2003)

Most disturbing crime

alexalexzz

[21]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 5
    The most disturbing for me was definetely the young muslim getting sliced by Robson. It wasn't the most brutal or graphic, but it just hit a weird nerve on me that had me thinking about it for a while about it after the episode was over.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DrGreene422

[22]Mar 28, 2007
    • level: 12
    If we're going for simply disturbing, I'd say the officer getting his eyes gouged out, if we're going for disgusting, I'd say Beecher crapping on Schillinger's face.

clockworx23

[23]Mar 29, 2007
    • level: 17
    Another one of my favorites was when Ryan O'Reily took a barbell to the head of Patrick Keenan. He killed him because Keenan raped Dr. Nathan. It was sick to see a huge chunk of Keenan's brain missing from his head when they showed the close up shot...LOL.

ozziefan

[24]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 30
    clockworx23 wrote:
    Dino Ortolani getting strapped down and burned to death in the very first episode.

How the revenge in the next episode - Johnny Post having his manhood chopped off! (Something no man deserves to go through)

Alvarez blinding Riviera
    Beecher becoming a pretzel - Although Beechers revenge was great, when he went all wolverine and sliced up the C.O's face.

HatchetRyda77

[25]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 8
    nobody's mentioned Brass getting hit the face with the can't-even-say-it "cocktail" by martinez----i would have killed him right after washing myself up

HandsomeDead

[26]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    Plausibly Reverend Cloutier getting bricked up in the cafeteria. Pretty much the only thing i've watched for a long time that's turned my stomach watching.

matzaa

[27]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 25
    clockworx23 wrote:
    Another one of my favorites was when Ryan O'Reily took a barbell to the head of Patrick Keenan. He killed him because Keenan raped Dr. Nathan. It was sick to see a huge chunk of Keenan's brain missing from his head when they showed the close up shot...LOL.

that's a definetely. a lot of crimes disturbed me, i can pick one so i'll go with this one...

pjhasham

[28]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 17
    I've only seen the first 10.5 episodes, but for crimes committed before Oz, Adebisi decapitating an undercover cop was most disturbing. Inside Oz, Beecher crapping on Schillinger in episode seven was sick, as was biting off the end of a man's penis while giving him a blow job. Schibetta's murder was grosser than i'd been prepared for.

JohnnyPromoshot

[29]Sep 20, 2007
    • level: 7

I would have to say the most disturbing crimes should be categorized since there are so many different feelings they stir up.

Most disturbing crime in concept (unseen, but heard of on show):

Donald Groves' consumption of his parents after killing them with a hammer (killing is seen but nothing else thereafter).

Seamus O'Reilly's brutally fatal shaking of Ryan's baby sister Carolyn.

Most disturbing crime spree:

Malcolm "Snake" Coyle's videotaped murder of the family in Season 3.

Most disturbing crime based on helplessness:

Enrique Morales' health care in Season 6 following Nurse Grace's return to the job she was previously fired from.

Most shocking crime:

Nikolai Stanislofsky's bath in Season 4.

Most unexpected crime:

Involves Schillinger's final performance as Macbeth (I can't spoil it all for some of you).

So disturbing it should be a crime:

Jaz Hoyt (Evan Seinfeld) singing "Free Will" in the Variety episode of Season 5.

khaki_dojo

[30]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 57

Crimes Seen:

Robson and the other Aryan slicing up Lalar.
    Murphy, Howell and Brass slicing Morales' Achilles tendon (because they're supposed to be 'good' and 'just', not like the prisoners).
    Metzger, Keller and Schillinger's gym attack on Beecher.
    Coyle's rape/murder skit.

Crimes Implied:

Robert Sippel's abuse of the young child. (Not a fan of child molesters.)
    Alvarez cutting out Eugene Rivera's eyes.

Edited on 09/26/2007 3:33am

krinks

[31]Oct 5, 2007

What about when they cut that guy's arm off. You don't see the crime but you see the aftermath, and it really disturbed me. Beecher's son being killed and then receiving his hand in the mail was also very disturbing. Feeding Nino glass was the most inventive. But the one crime that really disturbed me is -- *Drumroll* When Jackson Vayhew (sp?) smashed that guy's cello in the warden's office. It disturbed me so much because that was the one thing that brought people pleasure into the show, and it was crushed like it was nothing. Jackson felt jealous because his own skill at basket ball were useless, but the cellist could still use his. Jackson wanted the cellist to feel what he felt ... hopeless. Very sad.

EDIT TO ADD:

My favourite crime: Bousmalis and Rebadow digging out of Oz. The kicker was that they let the Ayrians use the tunnel, but weakened the supports so the tunnel collapsed and killed them. Who knew those two old guys still had it in them...?

Edited on 10/05/2007 3:45pm

kareeb

[32]Jan 19, 2008
    xkemalx wrote:
    Not the most disturbing but Adebisi and Ryan O'Reilly mixing glass into Nino's food. Back in the first season, he just started bleeding all of a sudden.

i was going to say that!

kareeb

[34]Jan 19, 2008
    JohnnyPromoshot wrote:

I would have to say the most disturbing crimes should be categorized since there are so many different feelings they stir up.

Most disturbing crime in concept (unseen, but heard of on show):

Donald Groves' consumption of his parents after killing them with a hammer (killing is seen but nothing else thereafter).

Seamus O'Reilly's brutally fatal shaking of Ryan's baby sister Carolyn.

Most disturbing crime spree:

Malcolm "Snake" Coyle's videotaped murder of the family in Season 3.

Most disturbing crime based on helplessness:

Enrique Morales' health care in Season 6 following Nurse Grace's return to the job she was previously fired from.

Most shocking crime:

Nikolai Stanislofsky's bath in Season 4.

Most unexpected crime:

Involves Schillinger's final performance as Macbeth (I can't spoil it all for some of you).

So disturbing it should be a crime:

Jaz Hoyt (Evan Seinfeld) singing "Free Will" in the Variety episode of Season 5.

great post!

XanderKage

[35]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 4
    For me it was Alexander Vogel's (if anyone remembers him) crime - he just came up to 2 elderly people and stabbed them. The disturbing part is that it felt like the writers were tired and just came up with a quick reason for Vogel to be in Oz... Besides that... The pot-brownie dealer (last or second-to-last episode) - face first into a steam pipe.

XanderKage

[36]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 4
    Oh, and I forgot about that priest that molested that kid - he was cruicified in the gym by the arians.

chriseternal

[37]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 32
    There has been so many disturbing crimes on Oz but one that stands out to me when I first watched it was the muslim getting sliced by Robson, other have mentioned this one and I completely agree...quite disturbing

IamYes

[38]Feb 15, 2008
    • level: 2

alexalexzz wrote:
    The most disturbing for me was definetely the young muslim getting sliced by Robson. It wasn't the most brutal or graphic, but it just hit a weird nerve on me that had me thinking about it for a while about it after the episode was over.

what season/episode did that happen in?

i dont remember it.

xDexterMorganx

[39]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 5
    Unfortunately, a certain site has desensitized me to just about everything, However rape isn't cool, and all the rape stuff bothered me (especially the kid [Adam was his name i think])

rhodiecub

[40]Nov 1, 2008

XanderKage wrote:
    For me it was Alexander Vogel's (if anyone remembers him) crime - he just came up to 2 elderly people and stabbed them. The disturbing part is that it felt like the writers were tired and just came up with a quick reason for Vogel to be in Oz... Besides that... The pot-brownie dealer (last or second-to-last episode) - face first into a steam pipe.

I remember seeing that crime and I think Vogel got what he deserved although I certainly don't agree with how it what done by the Aryans.