Ozzy & Drix

Lights Out!

Aired Weekdays 4:30 PM Sep 06, 2003 on The WB

7.8
  • Note: Seen hebre-dubbed version

You know, I actually thought this will be more boring. But, it was actually very good. Not one of O&D top episodes, but good.

First of all, this is probably the first episode where O&D feels a little too educational for it's own good. I'm talking about the first scene when we see Hector without a helmet ("A Growing Cell" wasn't too educational durning it's fast-food scenes, it just hits hard). In defense of this episode, the rest of it was good. I think the message was delivered very well, and they also took the subject matter quite "heavy" like they did with "A Growing Cell". At the end, I don't think there's much to say. Just another good O&D episode. I'll probably watch 1 or 2 more times

By the way, if the writers didn't mind to get a little "unrealistic", they could make that Strepfinger did something with the "stabilizing" muscles, thus making Hector fall and lose his memory. Or just make that Strepfinger somehow goes to Hector's memory and deletes or something. No matter, still a good episode.

Shining Moment: Bowling Scene, Strepfinger.
  • Teaches you about the importance of helmets

In the episode Lights Out!, Hector is skateboarding by himself, without a helmet on, and falls down stairs and receives a concussion. Inside his body, nobody remembers Ozzy and Drix because they were the most recent arrivals inside Hector, so it is up to Ozzy and Drix to find the location of the concussion. In the end, Ozzy and Drix save the day and everyone remembers them again. Travis finds Hector in the park and helps him home.

This is a very informative episode. It teaches kids the importance of helmets and what could happen to you if you neglect to wear them. It shows that you always need to think one step ahead to insure your safety, because, as shown in this episode, if Hector had done that and worn his helmet, it would have saved him from experiencing a concussion.