Pac-Man (1982)

ABC (ended 1984)

TVvuer69

Pac-Man (1982) Fan Reviews (10)

7.1
  • This is the stupidist idea of making a tv show.

What the heck is up with this not really big idea of a stupid tv show?It's the idea that I think that making a based on video game idea was really a horrible idea.Now I got a big review about this idea.It's a bunga mega super duper really big really bad horrible idea that I ever saw.There is only one Pac-Man in the game and it should not be good.You don't see except Sonic and Mario as video Games as tv shows everyday.I really say this is not a big idea and it's really stupid to whoever made this show.
  • Blast from the past!

I remember this cartoon like it was only yesterday as an eight year old kid who loved the video game and at one point, owned a mini-Pacman archade game. This cartoon follows Pacman and his family and the Ghost Monsters trying to gain access to the Power Pellet forest but always are foiled in their attempts.
  • eat all of the dots but don\\\'t be caught by the little ghosts, fruit is worth a bonus

7.4
    I love this game man but. it is losing popularity among young people, piopo jiopj jpjp hpih uguy ftf tyftyf tftyft yftyf tfy ttb iuh ubhi guy vgyu uv sf egrt xfv v v v v v v v v v v v g ff f f d d dx c c c c v v b bb b gg g ff d d d dc c c v v b b v v v v v v vv v v v ff f c c fdf gf vb gg v gg v g v gvb vg vv fgfgg fgf
  • Pac-man...on TV?

Pac-man, most people know this show only for the Pac-man Christmas special, but it is so much more than that. In this show it has age on it.

None of the show takes place in a maze. THey go have the ghost in the show though (wouldn't be complete without them). The negative is the writters thought it would be smart to switch the names and add more ghost. They actually mixed up Blinky (the boss) and Clyde (the dumb one). They also work for a boss...who's name I don't know. I feel that the Pacman series itself has fallin ever since this.

It would be cool if we could see a CG Pacman show.
  • What can I say, it was the 80s.

7.3
    I've got Pac-Man Fever!
    Walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka walka. Pac-Man Fever!
  • Awesome.

A cartoon based on a very populr video game. Pac-Man is savig the day from the ghosts. He has a wife and kids. They do what ever they can to prevent the ghosts from runing anything in their town. This show should seriously out on a special edition series set. I would buy it.
  • a cartoon series based on pacman bloody'eck

I used to love playing pacman on my sega mega drive and at school on the computer and I was mad about pacman but I never thought or knew they made a cartoon series based on him (before I was even born) I used to keep watching it on cartoon network until it went off. they should bring it back on boomerang and bring it back now, I miss watching this blood bloody good show!!!! it was wi... ik...kidd WICKED!!!!
  • Pac-Man's Eating Away at Fans!

7.2
    The game was developed primarily by Namco employee Toru Iwatani. After receiving inspiration from a pizza with one slice missing (1), game designer Iwatani spent approximately one year and five months on a game that revolved around eating. Iwatani's efforts to appeal to a wider audience — beyond the typical demographics of young boys and teenagers — would eventually lead him to adding in elements of a maze. The result was a game he entitled Puck Man, derived from the onomatopoeic Japanese phrase pakupaku, meaning to flap one's mouth open and closed. When first launched in Japan on April 3, 1980 by Namco, the game received a lukewarm response, as Space Invaders and other games of similar ilk were far more popular at the time.

However, in 1980, the game was picked up for manufacture in the U.S. by Bally division Midway Games, under the altered title Pac-Man. American audiences welcomed a breakaway from conventions set by Space Invaders, which resulted in unprecedented popularity and revenue that rivaled its successful predecessor. The game soon became a worldwide phenomenon within the video game industry, resulting in numerous sequels and merchandising tie-ins. Its style of gameplay became widely imitated by games created by competitors, but none could equal the original in profit or popularity.

A comparison of the American Pac-Man and the Japanese Puck Man arcade cabinets shows significant differences.The name change from Puck Man to Pac-Man was said to be partially motivated out of a desire to avoid the obvious vandalism that Americans could inflict upon game cabinets by scratching out part of the first letter to change it to an "F". However, because this is not an issue in many non-English speaking countries, both Puck Man and Pac-Man machines can be found throughout Europe.

When Midway released Pac-Man in the United States, the company also redesigned the artwork, as the Namco-style artwork was more costly to reproduce in large numbers, as well as being considered too stylish for the American market. Puck Man was painted overall white featuring multicoloured artwork on both sides with cheerful Puck-Man characters in different poses while Pac-Man was painted yellow, with very simple and easy-to-stencil artwork on both sides and front.
  • A great college try that falls short....

5.5
    Ya really can't blame the wirters though, ya blame the guy who pitched it. You were a yellow dude eating dots and ghosts and fruit. How do you make a show out of that? You don't.

Unfortunately, some people thought it was a good idea. Jeez, I really need to be a producer. No one would bring me a show like this. I would laugh them right out of their generation.
  • A true classic.

This is a television show made after the game that came out originally for the Atari console. Pac Man came out 1982 and is always going to be considered a classic television show amongst television and video game lovers. In the show Pac man must conquer the ghost monsters by using his Pac power that he receives for a certain food by the name of a Pac Pellet. The Pac Pellet enhances Pac Man's strength to overcome the ghost monsters and to be ready for their next attack.