Packed to the Rafters

Tuesday 8:30 PM on Seven Network Premiered Aug 26, 2008 Between Seasons

sanaullakhanb

Packed to the Rafters Fan Reviews (6)

• Packed with laughter

Good family drama, a strong combination of characters and personalities, dealing with real life. Enjoy the easy humour, laughter and depth the cast bring to every day issues - quality show!
  • Packed to the Rafters is a story about families and the ups and downs that life can bring. With a stellar cast including Rebecca Gibney and Erik Thomson this show is a sure-fire hit.

After raising three children Julie and Dave Rafter are about to kick back and enjoy some time to themselves. This is until life gets in their way and slowly but surely their house is full once again with the return of their daughter Rachel, youngest son Nathan and Julie's father Ted.

The Rafter's are a joy to watch and with such an amazing cast of Australian TV Veterans such as Rebecca Gibney, Erik Thomson and Michael Caton and fabulous up and coming stars such as Jessica Marais, Hugh Sheridan and Angus McLaren it is a definate family hit!

Dramatic, stunning and heartfelt- 5 stars!
  • the show is about the rafter family

when i first watched packed to the rafters i thought this show is going to be stupid. but in the first episode there were big surprises and it was funny.
    it starts by the youngest son moving out of home, so when he moves his parents are so happy, finally they have the house to themselve, until the father quits his job, the daughter gets bashed by her drug taking boyfiend and she moves back in and then there eldest son and his wife move back in to save more money to buy a house but that isn't the real reason the moved in, it was cos they are in debt. If you haven't seen this show you are missing out!!!
  • Very watchable with a strong cast.

This programme has been a relavation. At first I thought that it may have been a typical family programme. However it has proven to be much more than that. They are forming the characters each week and we are now starting to see what makes each character tick. It has given us drama, laughter and at times a bit of sorrow. The characters appear to weave together quite well and this is no doubt a credit to the cast and the writers. It is one of those shows that leaves waiting for the next installment. At last another good local product.
  • This show is so real in a lot of respects. I mean there would not be one of us in TV land who does not know someone who is living in a multi generational home. You know kids in their 20's & 30's who still live at home or adults living with their kids etc.

In my home we have three generations living there at once. There is hubby and I, two of our three kids and one of kids two children, ie our grand daughters. Between the cost of living and how much it costs to buy a house nowadays, it can be really tough for kids to get a home where their work is. And unless they are prepared to move to a faraway place in some remote mining town, or bunk down with six of their mates, it can be hard to pay for rent and living expenses, and ofcourse the price of fuel is a killer. And it is really hard learning to live with everyone. Especially if someone smokes and the rest of the house does not. Or in the case of grand childen and grand parents it can be really hard. This show can only get more and more interesting as the relationships between all the actors grows. Sometimes it can be too close to home. Like the first episode - We remember when we thought we were only going to have the 17 year old at home and we celebrated only to have the middle child go in for an emergency operation and have to move home for three months. And by then the eldest daughter had moved back in with her two grand daughters that we are looking after. We went from a household of three to one of seven. Love this show and it can only get better!!!! Must viewing for todays society. Oh and PS Since this show started my Hubby's inlaws have threatened to move in with us in their dotage. Welcome to my life, and its being played out on TV. Maybe the writers should contact me for some storylines - ROFL!
  • This show really surprised me.. It's funny but it's a drama about a family's in and outs... you should watch it.. I am enjoying it very much..

I saw many previews of this show before it started and I didn't think of it much. I just figured that it would be a funny show.. but there's a lot going on under the Rafter's roof.. it's about a couple who's kids finally all moved out and just when they got comforable in their empty home, things go wrong, and suddenly, they have a full house.. you have to see what happens next!