Painkiller Jane

Playback

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 17, 2007 on Syfy

• A favourite film in episode form!

The moment this episode started, giving an abundance of detail in the street scene I thought great groundhog day, I just love these kind of episodes. Most genres do them eventually, some work some don't. This did! Even though it repeated several times it changed the point of view and the storyline just enough so it didn't seem repetitive even though it was...kind of! I do really enjoy this series and in this instance I've never read this particular comic book! So everything is new to me. Hopefully this will continue into a second season and we'll get to learn more about the other characters other than Jane. I to would, like the first reviewer, like to see more of the lovely lady that was with Riley,and hopefully we'll see more of the equally lovely girl that was with Connor,here's hoping!
  • Groundhog day with guns!

Spoiler Alert!!

This is a classic - a neuro with the ability to roll back time - but also records the previous events and then alters them to try to stop the team from intervening. The special effects are spot on, plus the Riley / Hot Girl (anyone know who she is ?) sub-plot was very clever.

In the first loop Jane dies and Connor stops him, the second loop Jane stops him, the third loop Jane goes back with the neuro and then tries to control the situation.

After the previous filler episode this was a welcome change. Not too sure where the series is heading - especially with the Connor/Jane situation