Painkiller Jane

The League

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jul 13, 2007 on Syfy

• not a review, but some facts.

this was the only episode i ...mostly wrote. some things were changed from my original script...a lot of action was taken out or watered down, but for the character, i felt it was the closest to the comic character that I created with joe quesada. Paul did a good job directing under the circumstances and like i said, had the original end and some set pieces added to it, it might have been much better, but overall i was happy with the way it came out. kristanna and noah steal the show here and the league actors are all top notch. thanks

JIMMY PALMIOTTI
  • The team is baffled when a series of killings are committed by a group of neurons but find out that the scope of their investigation is far more complex.

I wasn't expecting much here watching last week's episode but gotta admit this one was interesting. There was also a couple of decent effects and a lot more violence and action packed in.

The team tracks down w neuron but the suspect is shot down by a sniper. They follow a lead and think another neuron has made himself invisible. There's a nasty scene with a guy getting his throat slit (done with nifty effects I might add). This suspect is also killed and when Seth does his analysis says that this person wasn't a neuro leading the team not to know what the heck is going on.

Further down the episode, we see where things are going when a group of kids known as "The League" seem to be the cause of things.

It was a decent story and I did feel like they really did take advantage of it and better yet supplied it with the necessary effects and action.