Pan Am Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

1x14 - "1964" Episode Discussion. Season (Series???) Finale.

NiallB31

[1]Feb 18, 2012
    • level: 8

Airing: Sunday February 19, 2012 at 10.00pm/9.00pm on ABC.

What did you think of the first season and possibly series finale???

Edited on 02/18/2012 11:46am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hermond

[2]Feb 20, 2012
    • level: 3
    Well, that was a series finale, no doubt about it anymore. Pity, but there is no other way of seeing things, so we should just accept it.

Of course everything felt a little out of place and rushed, but I can't fault it as an episode as they probably wanted to wrap up every story possible with this extra 14th installment, and they did it quite good, except for a few little details.
    I liked overall and that final shot was great, but at the end I felt a little sad, as the whole series was more than really fantastic, that's what I took from it.

What I particularly didn't love that much was:
    1- Maggie ending up a smuggler and even worse, with the corrupt captain. (just personal opinion, as it fits with her character).
    2- Tell me next year? I love that Ted and Laura got finally together, but that part ruined it for me, as it seems that he decided to be with the rich girl just because she was pregnant. I like to thing she lied and they didn't have time to wrap that up.
    3- The prince went away to fast and Colette going back with Dean was fine but too sudden.

Farewell Pan Am, you were different and you had great characters, we'll miss you!

NiallB31

[3]Apr 9, 2012
    • level: 8

Spoilers present!!!

Has finally aired here in Ireland.

If this is the series finale then the show went out very well. The episode was excellent.

Kate: I really enjoyed her storyline this week. I have always loved her missions each week. Double agent, I was waiting for this storyline to appear sometime and I'm glad it was not dragged for several episodes. I loved the secen in the train station. I knew that she wouldn't get shot but it was an intense scene and I loved her walk twords the camera after she took the thing from him.

Laura and Ted: I was so happy when she and Ted got together. I could see the sparks flying between them for ages and I was jumoing for joy when they got together. When Amanda asker Laura to be Teds mistress I was shocked, really didnt see that one coming. A dn when Amamna announced she was pregnant I was so ticked off. It was a great twist in the storyline but I really want Laura and Ted together.

Maggie: I really enjoyed her story this week. Loved the scene on the bed where she was playing around in the money. So funny.

Colette and Dean: These two are my favourite couple and I want them to get married and live happily ever after. I was happy Dead didn't get fired. I cried when I found out Colettes family history was all dalse. I was a nice twist. I really hope she finds her brother and they can get to know eachother.

Overall, I really enjoyed the finale and I really hope a cable network picks it up. (I read it somewhere that it might happen) Might be wrong.

The final scene was perfect. The five main leads together and celebrating a new year and also nice for the cast to celebrate the closure of one great season (and possibly series).

I really enjoyed Pan Am and really wish season 2 might happen...