Pan Am Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

The show has been cancelled... (updated June 2012).

NiallB31

[1]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 8

ABC has officially called it a day on the show. Im sad that the show won't get a second season. The show had so much potential but I think ABC didn't give the show a proper chance.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/29/pan-am-now-more-canceled-than-ever/112116/

UPDATED: After the cancelation was announced ABC annunced that the show is still in the running for next tv season. The season got an additional episode bringing the season total to 14 episodes.

So we will have to wait until May to find out what will happen.

UPDATED 12 MAY 2012: ABC has officially canceled the show. But aparently sony are trying to get a cable channel to pick up the show for a second season. So hopefully something will come of it and if not then the first season finale was a perfect way to end the series.

UPDATED 21 JUNE 2012: The deal to get another network to pick up the show has fallen through. So the show is officially done.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/06/unforgettable-season-2-poppy-montgomery-procedural-likely-to-return-in-2013.html

Edited on 06/21/2012 9:07am
    Edited 6 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WojtekStrzako

[2]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 4

Ugh I hates it....I love that show...it is really cool...What I also hate is that ABC denies it (as stated here: http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s165/pan-am/news/a353559/pan-am-cancellation-rumours-denied-by-abc.html )...just makes up for more confusion..

NiallB31

[3]Nov 29, 2011

Yeah. I know. ABC says there is a possibility of a second season but others say its cancelled. I don't really know.

For now, we can say the show might be back next year. We will have to wait until May to know.

haldrey

[4]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 22
    The cancellation of this show is a real pity. The show is good, just that it is one of those shows that require time to mature. Watch the first couple of episodes and then the last one (12/4) and you can see how much the show has grown. ABC is making a mistake.

MayTanner

[5]Dec 13, 2011
    Oh, no! :-(
    Another good one down the drain. That's terrible. It really got momentum now and I was starting to really like the characters. Let's hope it gets a decent ending at least if it doesn't get a second season.

NiallB31

[6]Dec 15, 2011

After the cancellation was announced, ABC issued a statement saying the show has not been cancelled and it is still in the run for a second season.

I really don't know what is going to happen but I do hope a second season will happen. Even if its only 13 episodes and then the show is done for good.

meathead704

[7]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 39

Pan Am has not been canceled. The show will return January 8. It's still uncertain if there will be a second season of the show, but it is not done yet.

Kenant00

[8]Dec 19, 2011

I like this show but there's really nothing that gets
    me interested in seeing it the next week.
    Need to make storylines that'll make you want to
    tune in the next week.

NiallB31

[9]Jan 17, 2012

Well the last two episode were watched by 3.96 million viewers and 3.93 million viewers and got a 1.3 in the demo.

With these ratings and numbers in mind the show will not be back for a season 2, unless the show can grab back 5 million viewers.

mlauzon

[10]Jan 23, 2012

meathead704 wrote:

Pan Am has not been canceled. The show will return January 8. It's still uncertain if there will be a second season of the show, but it is not done yet.

That was because it was on winter hiatus, a lot of shows do that for the Xmas season, however, it does look like the show has been cancelled, even after the addition of a 14th episode that currently has no air date.

NiallB31

[11]Jan 23, 2012

Episode 13 airs February 12, 2012

Episode 14 airs February 19, 2012 possibly the series finale (its looking that way).

anneso129

[12]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 14

It is not cancelled it's just that they didn't get a full season of 22 episodes... that is not a good sign!

jade38

[13]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 11

So was that the end of it tonite? the 19th? It certainly looked like a series finale??

debzisa

[14]Mar 6, 2012
    • level: 1

what is abc thinking! this is a great show. they have too many stupid reality shows. get rid of one of them. please re-condider!!!

jtyler2223

[15]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 1
    I and my daughter both watched Pan Am and loved it. What is ABC thinking!! Great show. I guess I will start watching other stations and forget ABC!

NiallB31

[16]Jun 21, 2012

Sadly the deal to get someone else to pick up the show has fallen through meaning that Pan Am is officially grounded.

I'm sad the show is finished, but I am happy witht the series finale. It wrapped up everything and I was happy with where each character ended up.