Paradise

CBS (ended 1990)

twilightboy

Paradise Fan Reviews (2)

7.3
  • A western, a romance and a family show all wrapped up in one. It shows how people can change from their old wicked ways with the proper motivation (family & love) and real friends can be found in those that some would consider to be natural enemies.

Going from professional gunslinger to being a "dad" to a niece and three nephews could have been enough for a good show but throwing in an unlikely romance with a wealthy "proper lady" throws fuel in the excitement of the town of Paradise. I liked the incredible excitement that built up as the romance SLOWLY progressed! I also liked the special friendship between Ethan and the old but wise Indian. Of course it wouldn't be a western if it didn't have a healthy dose of outlaws coming through Paradise not to mention the enemies within the town that hated Ethan except when they needed him. Lee Horsely and Sigrid Thornton were a match made in heaven for me. I think her Australian accent lent much authenticity to the idea that "opposites attract"; a beautiful and educated lady with a roughneck, gunslinger! Awesome show, I love it! I just wish that America had been ready for a wholesome romantic, family western! The storyline had so much potential.
  • Ethan Cord takes care of family, later the family ends up taking care of him.

This show is all about amazing love, the incredible love that Ethan learns from this special bunch of kids and the grateful love that they receive from him in return. I used to watch this show every single time it was on the air because it was great for me to see this hardened cowboy turn into a loving creature. A real demonstration of how love changes lives and of how we are turned into loving ceatures when we are really loved. That doesn't mean that Ethan couldnt keep kicking some serious butt, he did it for 3 whole seasons!