Paradise

CBS (ended 1990)

twilightboy

Paradise Fan Reviews (2)

7.3
  • A western, a romance and a family show all wrapped up in one. It shows how people can change from their old wicked ways with the proper motivation (family & love) and real friends can be found in those that some would consider to be natural enemies.

Going from professional gunslinger to being a "dad" to a niece and three nephews could have been enough for a good show but throwing in an unlikely romance with a wealthy "proper lady" throws fuel in the excitement of the town of Paradise. I liked the incredible excitement that built up as the romance SLOWLY progressed! I also liked the special friendship between Ethan and the old but wise Indian. Of course it wouldn't be a western if it didn't have a healthy dose of outlaws coming through Paradise not to mention the enemies within the town that hated Ethan except when they needed him. Lee Horsely and Sigrid Thornton were a match made in heaven for me. I think her Australian accent lent much authenticity to the idea that "opposites attract"; a beautiful and educated lady with a roughneck, gunslinger! Awesome show, I love it! I just wish that America had been ready for a wholesome romantic, family western! The storyline had so much potential.