Paradox

Episode 2

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Dec 01, 2009 on BBC

• Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear. Yet another stiff performance

3.5
    Thought I'd give the show the benefit of the doubt for the extreamly poor first episode and watch the second to see if there was an improvment. Unfortunatly, my response to this is I won't be watching another one. I can't get over how unnatural all the acting seems to be, it's almost like they've shot the show in an american style without realising that the english accent dosen't work in this way. It make's it look fake and stiff. If this was an american show with american actors and american accents I'm sure it might of worked. The only show of this style made in the UK that actually lives up to expectations and can hold it's own against the big US shows is Spooks. Go back to the drawing board guys and watch a few episodes of spooks to see how it's done.

One other point, maybe I'm actually missing something because looking at everyone elses opinions of Paradox so far I seem to be in a minority. I'm not saying I'm right and everyone else is wrong but it may be because I watch a hell of a lot of US shows and maybe I've grown to expect high standards which I'm afraid to say the UK isn't ready to deliver yet. Sure, people who watch a lot of UK TV wouldn't notice the stiff english accent as much as I do I guess. Thinking about it, it is the accent thats spoiling the whole show for me, I can't seem to lose myself in the shows plot because every line sounds like...a line!