Paradox Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Who'll be watching?

Heather_H

[1]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 35
    I generally prefer American drama but sometimes Britain makes some brilliant stuff and I have a feeling this might be one of them. I've always liked Tamzin Outhwaite, even despite her role in Hotel Bablyon. What do you think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blossom121

[2]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 4
    yes i give it a chance

deeyore3

[3]Nov 24, 2009
    • level: 6
    yes i can't wait to watch it

ChillingBack

[4]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 2
    I think you have it slightly backwards, Hotel Babylon was where Tamzin's acting started to improve. When she was in Eastenders, THEN it was bad!

dredwolff

[5]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 1
    I gave it a chance, and it was sooooo bad! The acting was mostly bad, the writing was terrible and WHAT is UP with trying to imply that someone is smart by having them act like a douchebag during the whole show?! What's his job again? It's not theoretical physicist or genetic engineer, he's the guy in charge of watching the sun for solar flares! Oooo... ahhhhh.... I think that's the job they usually give to unpaid interns. The guy didn't say one intelligent thing the whole show, and the way the Tamzin (who was horribly over dramatizing) fawned all over his every word you'd think he was spouting theorems or explaining string theory, but no, he was just being a dickwad.

Not to mention the plot is "We get pictures from the FUTURE an from SPACE! Then we try to figure out what they mean and stop disasters from occuring!" It's a little hard to suspend disbelief THAT much, but maybe they'll uncover who is sending the images and how, and add in *some* sort of reasonable explanation.

The only actor in the whole show who was halfway interesting was the Scottish skeptic - and mainly because he wasn't over dramatizing anything, we was just being a normal guy, and surprisingly playing his character pretty well.

solitaryangel

[6]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 1
    I'LL be watching this show! Typically I don't care for English/British shows, but this one is genuinely new, fresh, and not something you've ever seen on another show. Also, Dr. King is sexy!

Dulcinea1978

[7]Nov 27, 2009
    • level: 13
    I mostly watch American shows but if it sounds good I'll try any British show too and I kinda liked the first episode of this one.
    Very mysterious and though a bit slow in the beginning, I was on the edge of my seat towards the end, I will definately keep watching!

mimisc2009

[8]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 9
    I'll certainly be watching this show again. I love the idea of the show.

Sid

[9]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 4
    The start of the first episode was a bit weak, but by the end of the show it really started to pick up. I think I will give it a try.

zitzitta

[10]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 8
    I don't think some people understand what a tv series is. This is not a documentary. It does NOT have to be all about scientific details. When I watch TV, I like to disconnect from reality for a while, and this show is doing it for me. I won't say it's Emmy material, but I'll be watching episode 4 for sure. I watch TV to have a good time after watching reality on the News (and that dose of reality is enough for the night, thank you very much...)For knowledge, I read, watch documentaries,... and that is another topic altogether (if both advanced knowledge and entertainment coincide, perfect, but it's not a requirement!)

SzabGbor

[11]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 3
    I have to say that this show is a big letdown. I read the description, and thought it could be a great "twisted storyline" series, but it's just plain Cobra 11. Only it's about a "scientist", but he's actually just an unintelligent douche, not car chases, but "see the future to prevent it" things and British, not German.
    I wouldn't mind that it's British, but the execution's so bad, although it could've been a pretty decent show.

You know, if you make a show which DEPENDS on the scientific facts like string-theory, chaos-theory or any other physics-related scientific knowledge, you should AT LEAST have ONE physicist in your staff.
    This show's a big *fail* for me, which I'm not at all happy to confess. It's kind of like an amateur work.

Christeehu

[12]Dec 25, 2009
    • level: 5
    Gabor, submit your application for writing the plot! OK, you'll probably stop watching, but it's still great for laymen.