Paranormal State Forums

A&E (ended 2011)

Laura From 'I Am Six'.

LoveyWithJoshie

[1]May 12, 2009
    • level: 6

Does anyone else think that she was a little unbelievable?The way she would look around and start to cry.And remember when Ryan and the priest were telling her that she was possessed?She just looked like she was smiling a little,if you were possessed would you be smiling?I also think that she wanted attention,what do you think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BTRAV

[2]May 12, 2009
    • level: 27
    I honestly don't know what to think. I just want her to be happy and be all normal and stuff like she was at the end of the first episode. But if she wants to keep it up and be miserable then I guess she's going to be miserable.

LoveyWithJoshie

[3]May 12, 2009
    • level: 6
    BTRAV wrote:
    I honestly don't know what to think. I just want her to be happy and be all normal and stuff like she was at the end of the first episode. But if she wants to keep it up and be miserable then I guess she's going to be miserable.
    You are right BTRAV,in the episode The Possession:Return Of Six,Ryan says that her case is a perfect possession.Which means Laura is either unwilling or can't get rid of the entity.Which do you think it is?

gotto_doit

[4]Aug 9, 2009
    • level: 1
    I have a theory as to what Laura's problem is and why it keeps coming back. You know how a lot of kids, growing up, have invisible friends? Or how, during the teen years, a lot of girls will imagine/fantasize that they have a boyfriend? I know a *lot* of girls who's made up the "perfect guy" -- they have a perfect image of what he looks like, he has a name, etc. Which is totally fine, but if someone is sensitive to the spiritual world, it *can* cause an open door sometimes.

It's possible that Laura did that when she was younger. Also, spirits travel in threes. As the Bible says, a three-stranded cord is not easily broken. Where one spirit is, two more will come. And Laura had six -- two sets of three.

My theory is that her imaginary "perfect guy" sort of stuck around in her head as she grew up, and the longer it was with her, the stronger it got tied to her. It's not necessarily that she, as a person, needed the fantasy anymore, but that the spirit that came in had its claws into her, and she didn't know how to let it go. Probably didn't want to, because hey -- fantasies are nice. That's why we have them.

Anyway, as I was saying. This one spirit hung around, and because they travel in threes, it brought in two of its buddies. Where the second group of three came from, I don't know, nor do I think it's overly relevant. I think that the one spirit has been with Laura so long it's become a familiar spirit. It's something she's known for a long time, something she's comfortable with. It's probably something that makes her happy at this point, too, because the things she's going through screws around with her health and makes it difficult for her to go out (if I remember correctly). And when you can't live in the real world, you retreat into the fantasy world.

There's two reasons why I have this theory, beyond the general "I have a feeling." One is because of what Ryan said about it being a perfect possession, and her possibly being unwilling to get rid of it. I think she wants to keep the one she's familiar with, but not the ones that actively hurt her. The other reason I have this theory is because there was rape. Spirits *have* to have an opening. They can't just run around doing what they want, they have to be invited in. Most of the time, it's unintentional when they are. I think that, in Laura's case, as she got older as a teen and started to discover her sexuality, she probably imagined having sex with her imaginary "perfect guy." That's what I think opened the door to the spirit raping her in the tub.

*gets off soapbox*

BTRAV

[5]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 27
    So with guys and sex blow-up dolls it's different because there's an actual prop? Please. Speaking of imagination, I wonder if we become vulnerable just by watching shows like this.

CourtenayBush

[6]Jan 17, 2011
    That whole thing was a little unbelievable for me as well. It seemed fake, and poorly acted. At the same time it was entertaining, but not typical Paranormal State stuff. I think it was a little overdone. Other than that, I don't really know what to think about it.

AlexaChatfiel

[7]Feb 6, 2011

Ohdefinitely, when she was being told about an episode she had, where she hissed at her dad when she was sprayed with holy water, she looked around the room and like "errr I remember being woken up with holy water?" it seemed really fake... sorry Laura!

Itdefinitelyscared me though, the episode freaked me out! But I think the fact that Laura could have been mentally ill scared me more

It was so funny when she was like, "is it inside of me all of the time?!" haha.

hazben

[8]Jul 10, 2012
    • level: 3
    was that HER smiling when told she had been possessed or was it the demon that is inside her?

i think this was extremely real and terrifying. i could tell when it was just her speaking, she was scared poopless. and i dont think ryan is going to allow the make up/special effects department to put deep scratches in her skin for ratings.

i have had some experiance with demons, unfortunately. we lived above an old back woods grocery store when i was young. not long after moving in [1970], i would see people shaped shadows. real quick, just enough to let me knowm i saw something.

then one night, i heard my name called CLEARLY! so clear i thought it was my dad. i woke up and there were three of these shadow people above me on the wall up where it met the cieling. my room was pitch black, this was back woods, no street lights, in the middle of the night and they stood out plain as day, thats how black they were. if you were to take ku-klux-klan guys and paint them all black, no eyes, just pointed heads deap dark black figures from the chest up, thats what was on my wall that night. and then when i was looking at them, they began to move across the wall in unison, down towards the end of my bed, across to my left, back towards me on the oposite wall, slow but deliberate and then went into my closet that had no door, it was very shallow, hardly a closet and disappeared. i was so scared i was sweating and shaking and was yelling but it wouldnt come out. i got out of bed and ran to my folks room and i never spent another night in that room. others in my family has strange experiances of there own before we moved away. another time i had a girlfreind and was over at her house that she and her folks had moved into. it was when they showed the movie "the thing" with kurt russell for the first time on tv. i came over about 9:00 pm and we talked for a while and i saw scratches on her arms. i asked what happened and after some solid grilling, she finally told me there new house was haunted. things were always being moved while they slept. she would wake up with these big scratches on her and getting filthy language yelled at her in her sleep. and.......... she said things would fall of the tv [big old rca color set about 3 ft thick]. they would put a flower pot on it and they would find it on the floor or a heavy vase rolled off and smashed while watching tv, etc.... now, i am letting this go in one ear and out the other as i had much different things on my mind for that night. not two minutes after that conversation there was a chrome plated plastic challice with pens and pencils and crayons in it on the top of that tv. this is a BIG old turn of the century house i was facing the tv a good 18 ft or so across from it and all of a sudden, in the blink of an eye, that challice shot across the room and right into me!! icouldnt speak it happened so fast and i looked at her and she said, "see, i told you"!

i immediately got sick. nauseated like i was going to puke. my left arm got real tight and it hurt and i thought for sure i was having a heart attack. i was 19 years old at the time. i got up and ran out the door and over to a circle k store that was next door so someone could help me if i went out. i had nightmares about that incident for months and months. never went back.

long story short, i know the fear when these things make their move. and you become a sensitive. when anything like that is around i can feel it. and i get away FAST!! watching this girl i could feel her fear, i got that sick feeling. only one other time have i felt that through the tv watching someone elses experiance. she was not faking and this was the most chilling of all the episodes on that show. they tapped into the real thing on that case. after studying these things later on in life, everything that happened with this girl was demon 101. they do not want to let go and no guy in a collar swinging a bible and slopping around some tap water is going to dis lodge them if they want to stay. even the bible says FLEE FROM DEMONS!!!

like i said, once you have rubbed elbows with these things, you know it when you see it. i have no powers or insight or moogidy-boogidy, but when something like that happens as it did me on more than just those two occasions, you want to know why and who and what. when these things happened to me, i was young. there were no ghost chaser shows on tv and we didnt talk about any of it in our house. no one was into any thing occultish in our house. just ordinary people. but after studying about these things later in life from demonologists, occult manuals and writings, pagan religions, christianity and the bible, they are real, they can get into people and NOTHING but GOD himself or his appointed angels can dis lodge them if they want to stay in a dwelling or person. the bible warns all to flee from demons. do not contact or associate with conjerers of spirits, those who claim to talk to the dead, fortune tellers, witches or sorcerers. if you seek them, even in fun, they WILL come. and the consequenses are devestating. even if you dont have anything to do with those activities, you can have the misfortune of moving into a dwelling where a demon is already in and claimed it as his. remember, these things are spirits, they have no fleshly body. they are ancient, billions of years old and they have no concept of time. they can hover in a corner of the room for 200 years and its would be like you or i blinking an eye! either way, FLEE when you find yourself in a dwelling where they have already set up shop. even if it costs you major money!!

dont write this poor girl off. i would bet my livelyhood and all my posessions that this girl is indeed under attack by demons. strong ones who are bent on her destructions. they dont have the ability to out right kill us [if they did, we would all have been gone many years ago] but they can drive you to do harm or kill yourself.