Paranormal State Forums

A&E (ended 2011)

Paranormal State...just wondering

janejeffer

[1]Jan 14, 2008
    • level: 1

I love the show, its spooky enough to be good, and I like each of the different paranormal cases.

My question is, on the show where they did a banishing, with the pond behind the house---Eilfie did her own banishing, using Pagan ritual. Only instead of calling the quarters (East, North, West, South) she called upon archangels, such as Michael.

I found that to be pretty weird. I know of no pagans who call on Christian angels in a ritual. Unless Eilfie practices Voodoo where they do use the images of saints, she's not truly Pagan. So is she pagan or not?

I myself am a Wiccan, and nowhere have I read anything on Christian aspects in Witchcraft. Pagans believe in the old gods, and the God and Goddess.

I just thought it rather strange.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rpgspree

[2]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 13

I thought that was rather odd too, but since "pagan" is an umbrella term for just about any religion from the regions of the Abrahamic religions that are not part of them, it's hard to tell what she actually practices since I don't think she ever said.

mistyann21

[3]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 7
    Also ( and mind you this is just a thought) maby because she is working with the others and they tend to rely on catholic symbols ( like the saint madalines exc.) Maby this was a kind of compermise she made with them. I dont think I saw that perticular episode so I cant be shur but if the family or whoever lived in the house where really religous maby they did this so they wouldnt be so accepting.

WendyDyck

[4]Jul 22, 2011
    • level: 1
    You should check out PaganSpace.com if you haven't already. They could probably shed some light on the Pagan/angels issue. Alot of Pagans/Wiccans come from a Christian background. Silver Raven Wolf talked about the use of Angels when calling the corners in her book Solitary Witch. I must admit, it suprised me at first too. I hope you find the answers you're looking for. Blessed be! Wendy.