Paranormal Witness Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

Impressions

powermonkey01

[1]Sep 12, 2011
    • level: 11

What do people think of the show so far?

For me, it reminds me of the Discovery Channels A Haunting, which was a great series. Has great potential.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

webe123

[3]Sep 18, 2011
    • level: 4

I am sorry, I love the show BUT FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY! Like you would watch a horror movie for entertainment.

But as far as actually thinking it is REAL? COME ON!

In the first place s01e01 the story about "emily" when they decorated isabella's room and right after that isabella was alone in there and something "supernatural "apparently took everything and threw it around and completely messed up the room...so when the mom walked back in it looked like isabella did it? TOTAL CRAP!

If something THAT "paranormal" was actually in the room with that little girl....I know for a fact that the little girl would scream bloody murder and go racing out of the room! But she just "stands there"?? Again..TOTAL CRAP!

The stories are great for entertainment, but not very believable. About as believable as the "blair witch project" (Which had actors acting like real people)! LOL!

So for a good scare...great. But as a documentary like they try to portray it? Not believable at all!

If they want to back up their stories, then provide PROOF like the local papers covering it or something. Until then, I say it is completely untrue!

webe123

[4]Sep 18, 2011

Oh and the very FIRST TIME my daughter would be "pulled" into the basement...that would be the last time!

I would not care if I had to live under a bridge, I would have gotten her out of that home a long time ago, if there was really something there.

But AGAIN the kid was NOT crying! She simply said emily pulled her down the stairs.

The way the story was portrayed, these people knew these things were happening and waited until her husband almost murders her to finally move?

This is just another reason that backs up my theory that this is great entertainment, but NOT REAL AT ALL!

Real people would have acted completely different if a threat like that was in their home. And would not have waited that long to take action either!

powermonkey01

[5]Sep 18, 2011
    • level: 11

I agree that there is most likely a lot of poetic licensing going on with this show, however its still enjoyable to watch and good for a scare or two. I say enjoy the essence of the show and take the truth with a grain of salt.

As long as I get a good scare from time to time I'll keep watching

webe123

[6]Sep 28, 2011
    Yeah the story's are great...for taking it something like camping around a fire and telling Ghost Stories...most of which are hardly believable, but fun to listen to.

webe123

[7]Sep 28, 2011
    What REALLY gets me is that people are saying they hear all these noises, in some cases doors opening by themselves...things flying through the room AND YET THEY STILL LIVE THERE? Sorry, but I don't care if I owed a hunderd thousand dollars to the bank tomorrow and they said it could all be paid off.... if I stayed in one of those places when that stuff was happening!

I would rather sleep under a BRIDGE! Now in episode 4, the daughter of this episode finally seem,s to act normal....she goes running out of the house when stuff happens.....but for someone to tell me I MUST live there? Sorry, even if they were my parent, I think I would run away from home! That would just be too much....which is why I think these stories are not real but only entertainment!

gabfan31

[8]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 100
    webe123 wrote:

Oh and the very FIRST TIME my daughter would be "pulled" into the basement...that would be the last time!

I would not care if I had to live under a bridge, I would have gotten her out of that home a long time ago, if there was really something there.

But AGAIN the kid was NOT crying! She simply said emily pulled her down the stairs.

The way the story was portrayed, these people knew these things were happening and waited until her husband almost murders her to finally move?

This is just another reason that backs up my theory that this is great entertainment, but NOT REAL AT ALL!

Real people would have acted completely different if a threat like that was in their home. And would not have waited that long to take action either!

You seem to forget that these are reenactments, and the actors used are pretty much amateurs, as far as TV goes. If a reaction by the little girl seems fake, maybe it's just bad acting.

gabfan31

[9]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 100
    I don't know if any of it's real or not, but I found the show entertaining. It reminded me of A Haunting with better production values. There's room for improvement, of course, but for this type of show, it's one of the best.