Pardon the Interruption

Weekdays 5:30 PM on ESPN Premiered Oct 22, 2001 In Season

shotime1979

Pardon the Interruption Fan Reviews (42)

• PTI...the daily staple for all of those looking to blend sports and pop culture. TK and MW tackle all the topics of the day, keep it light and enjoyable while being informative.

For so long I was looking for the show that would combine my love of sports and pop culture. How many times was I stuck between watching the game or watching reality tv. well it didnt take too long to stumble across PTI. Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon, two esteemed writers from the Washington Post spearhead this daily jaunt into the sportsworld, its issues and all of the other hot topics that keep us busy away from our normal work.

First segment is all about the sports issues. They tackle 90 second segments on what are normally the top 5 issues of the day. Taking turns, they are thoughtful and informative with just the right touch of humor. Siskel and Ebert they are not but they have created a synergy with their audience not only with their views but with their growing pti culture and terminology.

Second segment is Five Good Minutes. This is the interview segment where they will pull in a member of the sportsworld, either an athlete or sportswriter normally to talk about either an event of hot topic. my fave is charles barkley cause he is sir charles but they always seem to get the best out of their guests, whether it be mr tie-lighter digger phelps or beefcake jay bilas.

The third segment varies on a daily basis, but this is where they turn it on....mail call, food chain, good cop/bad cop, odds, and the psychic are just some of the bits, tied in with hilarious costumes where they back and forth on the issues sports and entertainment.

The final segment goes to happy birthdays and happy trails. tony reali, the stat boy, calls the guys out on any errors and provides the perfect wingman with his own spiel.

the big finish is the rapidfire finish, mostly on a who-ya-got pickem type basis. so if you got the time or a tivo, check it out, give it a week and you'll be hooked.
  • Two ESPN sports writers argue over hot topics that are going on in the world of entertainment and sports. Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilborn spent two to three minutes on each topic from steriods to Runaway Bride. Then they get five good minutes with the

Kornheiser and Wilborn duke it out giving their opion on sports and current events. It like watching you and your bestfriend arguing over who is better out of the Rams and the Colts. The show is way ahead of it time and is one of the reasons I watch ESPN.
  • good show tells me what i need about the day in sports

i like this show alot it has a funny input along with sports theme and the 4 segments in each show

1 intro BIG stories

2 interview

3.little game

4. endings and happy birthdays,happy trails and anveristy for the day

i think mike a tony are good host and a like to see them argue it is cool most of the time some of the time it is about what they are wearing or doin for that day.
    if it is a huge event world wide or a holiday they will celebrate it usally having tony wear somthin stupid or funny looking.
    iam glad it is on almost every day it is informative and if u like sports watch this show.
  • Pardon the Interruption is one of the best Sports shows on TV. Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser do a great job hosting this show. They talk about the daily sports news and have knowledgeable guests.

I especially like how Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser fit together perfectly on this show and work off of each other. It really makes the show great. Their daily "games" are also very entertaining. I have to watch this show every day because that is how addicting it is. I would recommend this to everyone who enjoys sports. Is a GREAT SHOW for any sports fan.
  • There are countless places to get sports news, but only PTI provides daily commentary on the day's sports news (as well as other non-sports stories) in a high-paced format.

There are countless places to get sports news, but only PTI provides daily commentary on the day’s sports news (as well as other non-sports stories) in a high-paced format. Washington Post sports columnists Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon debate the day’s top stories in a rapid-fire format, as a countdown clock keeps the show moving at a fast pace.

This show does a good job of providing the essentials of each story so even those unfamiliar with the topic can understand the arguments. Both men have been friends for years, so they know how to push each others’ buttons and make the show humorous. It is a great way to keep up on sports news while being entertained at the same time.

The only reason I rate this show a 9.5 as opposed to a perfect 10 is that during the summer, Kornheiser and Wilbon take vacations, and the show suffers an obvious letdown. The replacement hosts aren’t as entertaining and aren’t familiar with each other enough to provide good banter.
  • Two Washington Post sports writers, Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon debate the hottest topics in Sports, entertainment and News. they also have 5 good minutes with a guest who usually has something to do with Sports. Also have Stat boy who is really Ar

This show is great. Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon have awesome chemistry. I watched I,Max and thought that Max and Michael Holley didn't have as great chemistry as these two guys. Obviously since they both work for the Washington Post. The show is great, and I like toss up, 5 good minutes, and the ending. Happy Trails, and I like the part where Statboy corrects them. Statboy ofcourse being Tony Reali the Host of Around the Horn another good show. The Big Finish is also great, where they try to get as many things in less then a minute. The only thing that may be disappointing is that Tony and Mike are always taking vacations for a long time, or on assignment for a long time. However Stephen A. Smith, and Jay Mariotti aren't that bad. It's pretty good.
  • Two Guys Argue about Mostly Sports news and Real life.

This is an awesome show where two guys argue. This show delivers actual interesting information that you might need to know when you are talking to your bar friend buddy.Great show with stuff that everyone needs to know, If you like sports and you want to keep up with all the gossip, then you should watch this show.
  • I can't help but watch it, even when my family makes fun of me for watching something that is only arguing.

Well, the show is about two sports "analyzers" named Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser, arguing....err, I mean discussing the sports world every day.

They have a line-ups of who they're going to be arguing...err, discussing about in the show. They have some subjects last 1 minute and thirty seconds, some they have "toss up" where they choose either one or the other, then they have the happy anniversary, happy trails, and whatever else ends in "happy".

The show ends up being a full out debate. Michael and Tony never seem to agree on anything, so they end up yelling at each other about some sports subjects. Sometimes, these things make me laugh because they're just yelling at each other sometimes, bringing out a totally different subject then making fun of the other. It can really get interesting sometimes, even if you don't like the sport.

So really, if you like sports in general, and if you want to learn even more about the sports world, then you might want to give this a watch. It is entertaining, informative, and as I said, a "guilty pleasure". You'll find yourself watching this fairly often, sometimes every night.
  • Why?

4.9
    I have one question, can these 2 men ever agree on anything? Please tell me once in the years of this show they agreed. All i see are 2 people fighting over their own opinion. I'm sorry but i don't agree that this is neccesary for a whole show. So i find this show unpleasant. For all we know there could be scripts involved. I mean they're bascilly insulting people. So why don't we get a judgemental channel put this show in it. By the way they shouldn't add the bell if they're just going to continue
  • This is one of the best sports talk shows around.

This is one of the best sports talk shows around, it is filmed five days a week (normaly) and in Washington, DC. With the hosts Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon. Tony has his own radio show and writes for the Washington Post. Michael also writes for the Washington Post. They both know there stuff, and are not afraid to share and make there opinion known, and ask hard questions in interviews. Bottom line this is a top of the line sports show from ESPN, look for this show to run for many years to come.
  • Kornheiser and Wilbon are Hilarious.

What better way to get the latest scoop in the sports world than to hear it from two guys who are good freinds but hate each others guts. There is none.This is the best sports show yet to date in my short life. Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon are always very to the point, they let you know whats good, and they let you know whats bad. One thing though is it suffers the downfall all sports shows do,if theyre not talking about anything you care its not quite as entertaining, but their constant arguing keeps you and me alike from falling asleep.
  • i like this show is veary funny and veary good . i like how they go tru all thetop sports news and i like how they time it topic is good cuz we don't need to drak on with the same topic for 60 mins this is one good show

• Who needs Sportscenter? Pardon the Interruption is easily the best way to get all your sports news.

The first time someone watches Sportscenter, it's easy to understand why it's so popular. The way it covered sports was much more exciting and interesting than the way someone at your local news or at CNN would cover sports.

Now, with Pardon the Interruption, I feel the exact same way. There's no better way to get a quick summary of the previous days sports news. Not only is it quicker than Sportscenter (only a half hour compared to an hour or an hour and a half), but it's actually very funny and doesn't waste a bunch of time on pointless features (50 States in 50 Days anyone?) and gets right to the point of every issue.

Anyone who watches will quickly get all the sports info they need, and be entertained. Most of this is thanks to Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon. Not only are these guys funny, but they know their sports and are both able to get their point across quickly.

Part of the reason PTI is so entertaining is its extra, original segments. Like over/under, Mail Call etc. These segments always add a bit extra to whatever it is they are covering and help to make PTI as great as it is.

The only real downside to PTI is "Five Good Minutes", where Tony and Mike interview someone. Once in a while a PTI interview will actually be something cool or with a person that no one else has interviewed yet, but for the most part it's kind of boring and makes me wish they'd go back to talking about sports issues.

The old saying is "Less is more". Tony and Mike keep it short, but end up being more entertaining, much more funny, and much more informative than any other sports show out there.
  • All the sports news you need..

One of the best ways to stay up to date in sports.. this and sportscenter are my two favorite shows.. I love hearing the newest things that are happening in sports.. along with Tony and Wilbon arguing every single show.. it's priceless.. I don't know how you couldn't like this show..
  • PTI and Guinness a match made in heaven

Hard to believe PTI’s been on the air for this long. Kornheiser and Wilbon are what put this show all together. I especially like all the themes they do (Toss up, Mail time, Cop Time, Over/Under). The only downside of this show is when it takes a break Thursday or Friday and for what… GOLF?! Come on. Pardon the Interruption’s more exciting than golf! This show makes other talk shows seem obsolete. Cancel Oprah, Dr. Phil, Tony Danza, Ricki Lake, give me PTI Monday thru Friday. Another thing that keeps me watching this show is the beer commercials (especially Guinness). Absolutely “Brilliant”.
  • Boxing bell + 2 sportswriters + arguements = good 30 minutes of TV

Tony K. and Michael W. are the "Ebert of Ropert" of Sports TV, without the popcorn stains and the sticky floors. These two never fail to dissapoint tme with their witty banter mixed with the more serious issues of race, money and/or politics.

The best episodes are the holiday themed (christmas, thanksgiving, st. patrick's day) where Tony will often dress up and WIlbon will "forget" his custome.

The worst are when both are gone on vacation or events, as well as Michael Smith and Jay Mariotti are on Around the Horn, it's just not the same.

It only gets better and better.
  • In my opinion this show is ignorant and wrong. They failed to mention key facts about the Seahawks and the officiating in the Superbowl. Question their opinions and facts. I wouldn't be surprised if they were told what to say.

I will never watch this show again for a long time. There were four horrible game changing calls in this game. The hosts Tony and Michael said the Seahwawks couldn't have made up 11 points. That is an ignorant statement if you know anything about football. Ben Roethlisberger did not score a touchdown. Review doesn't work. Calling offensive pass interference in endzone on that is wrong, the call would not have gone the other way. The biggest play not mentioned by Pardon the Interruption is the phantom offensive holding call. This was horrible, late, and it took away a three point lead. You need to realize football is about momentum. Not to mention the call on Hasselback which set up the game winning touchdown. Any yards in the Superbowl are important. Pardon the Interruption mentioned none of this and I recommend questioning what these two say for know on.
  • The best sports show on television. Ever.

What I like about these guys is that both of them have a great moral compass. I watch their show with my 15 year old son. I think it's terrific that he gets to see two men talk about what's right and wrong with an issue. They look at an issue from every angle they can and they always land on the "right" spot. They also understand that one of the reasons sports are important in our society is because they provide us with an opportunity to see human beings doing one of the things we do best: Play games. Emphasis on the word "play." And, they don't take themselves too seriously. I think they're terrific.
  • Great Stuff!!!

Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser are great on this sports show. They discuss the top stories from the past day each and every day of the week except the weekend. Michael Wilbon works for the Washington Post along with being on this how. Tony Kornheiser used to have his own show called none other than The Tony Kornheiser Show. He also is going to be a Monday Night Football commentator sice Monday Night Football left ABC this past year. So I can't wait to see what he is like calling the Monday Night Football Games on television. This show is a great show I have recently been addicted to it like the last week or two.
  • Best sports show on T.V.

PTI is one of my favorite shows on t.v. i recommend it to anybody who enjoys sports with humor in it.Mike Wilbon and Tony Kornhieser are great co-cost with a big time sence of humor as they talk about sports,pop culture,and other topics.I recommend it to anybody who enjoys sports with humor in it.
  • PTI is where sports talk shows are going to be heading...

I love this show. Theres many sports talk shows that are capable of captivating someones attention, but what makes PTI so special is the fact that these two anchors just go at each other. Yes, they are friends, and no, there are no brawls, but they do have one hell of an argument and it lasts 30 minutes. Overall, its a great show that teaches you about both sides of sports stories.
  • Just FYI. My Friend and I thought it was amusing and both did a double-take when we heard it....LOL

Re: April 12, 2007 episode.
    Really great show! My friend and I noticed in the "errors and omissions" segment that there was still something that was missed. While Mike and Tony were talking about Drew Bledsoe and weather or not he should be in the Hall of Fame, Mike called him Tony Bledsoe and never was corrected. Just had a bit of a chuckle and wanted to let you guys know. Great show guys! Keep it up!
    Scott and Scotty B
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
  • it is the greatest kornheiser rocks! long live the penguin dance!!!!!!

I really enjoy PTI the guys are always honest and heartfelt abouth their emotions and feelings on certain topics. Please do not stop doing what you guys are doing. My girlfriend has even come to enjoy the show. She is definitely a kornheiser fan. My only complaint would be please no J A Adande or Dan L. And possibly move the show ahead of jim rome and around the horn. The reason being I would like to here PTI's take first on the hottest topics, not just a third opinion of the same topic. Fans for life. Thanks for making us laugh.
  • Someone needs to tell Mike and Tony the correct pronunciation of the University of North Carolina's Player of the Year, Tyler Hansbrough's name. It is pronounced as Hansbro...not Hansboro as both gentleman pronounced it today.

2.5
    This is ridiculous that I have to write one hundred words to get this to go through. I have written everything I needed to say in the Summary section, and now I have to repeat it just so I can get the one hundred word minimum. Oh well...here goes. Someone needs to tell Mike and Tony on Pardon the Interruption the correct pronunciation of UNC's Player of the Year, Tyler Hansbrough's name. It is pronounced as Hansbro...not Hansboro as both gentlemen pronounced it today. I was surpised that Roy Williams did not corrrect them during his interview with them today.
  • We watch PTI regularly and are strongly against having Dan LeBatard as co-host when Tony or Michael are out. PLEASE bring in any one of the other ESPN commentators!

Tony and Michael are great together and we wish they never had to be off doing their thing somewhere other than in front of the camera. Humor along with solid information and personal insight make this show a daily favorite. Guests for the 5 minutes are always super and the various techniques the guys use (crystal ball, etc.) add a bit of variety to straight reporting and commenting. My wife has learned a lot about sports from watching PTI and it has made my life easier when I want to keep ESPN and ESPN2 on most of the time. I don't have to watch Dancing with the Stars!
  • I love to watch PTI with Tony & Wilbon. But . . . when the idiot Bob Ryan is on talking about something he knows nothing about, running, it drives me nuts.

Any runner who has raced knows they are responsible for knowing the course. While it is unfortunate, sad, and really stupid that the camera crew in Japan turned off the course (having lived in Japan for several years this isn't that strange), it is the runners responsibility totally -- its in the rules and this guy is a pro. It's the same for a bike race, a swim, etc. Get a clue before you speak BOB. And if we are all lucky, they will keep you off this show so we don't have to listen to you speak with no information or knowledge.
  • Yah - we're all here extolling PTI's virtues because IT is the 'best damned sports show ever'.

From an idea by former sports writer, Tony Kornheiser, this show, now technically in it's fifth year, is THE best 'talking heads' sports show on TV.

Kornheiser and partner, Michael Wilbon (who recently missed just ONE week while undergoing bypass surgery) are the quintiscential, ying-yang of adverserial sports talk. They are more often than not on opposite sides of most issues while miraculously seeming to be in total harmony with each other.

For those of us who are addicted to the show (my friends all know not to call me during this half hour - even though I DVR it for back-up), we have come to simply enjoy this special dynamic. But it is absolutely amazing that they have somehow found this 'Twilight Zone' of fierce argumentative friendship that inevitably leads us to see two sides of every topic and then arrive at a singular conclusion.

It is the chemistry, along with, to some degree, the format of this show that makes it special. They have such a reputation, that almost anyone who is anybody in the sports world tunes in whenever possible and is more than willing to be a guest on the show. Charles Barkley is probably the best example of someone who disdains most sports reporters but appears at a moment's notice if PTI calls.

The list of guests is probably the most impressive of any talk show in history. On the occasion that either TK or MW cannot co-host, there is a litany of others who will gladly sit in - most notably of late, Miami sportswriter, Dan Lebatard, who, despite all of the comments to the contrary, is well-respected and well-liked by the two stars.

If you have not seen the show, catch it just before the regularly scheduled first-airing of the late-afternoon/early-evening broadcast of Sportscenter. The show is so good that SC now delays the final three minutes of PTI so that it airs as a segment of SC about 15 minutes into their prime sportscast. It has also led to Kornheiser being made a member of the ABC Monday Night Football broadcast (where he, by his own admission, stinks it up). It's unfortunate that unless he is doing the halftime PTI wrap-up with Wilbon, TK has never hit it off with MNF viewers. It's their loss.
  • Most dominate athletes: Babe Ruth, Wilt the Stilt, Bill Russell, Jesse Owens, Jim Brown, Jack Nichlaus, Rocky Marciano, Tiger, who did you forget!!!???

Hey guys. I was watching your latest show as you two discussed who is the most dominate athlete of all time. Hank Aaron suggested Tiger Woods, but as we all know it is too early to tell. You two, along with the Around the Horn program suggested multiple names yet no one said anything about Wayne Gretzky. Gretzky's records will never be touched, and statistically may be the most dominate athlete to ever play his or her sport. Babe Ruth makes a good argument considering he crushed then baseball records, but unlike the babe, Gretzky's records will never be broken. Is hockey really that seldomly thought of that you forgot the mention the GREAT ONE!!!
  • What's better than watching sports? Watching people talk about sports.

This is the best sports show period. Both hosts, and even stat boy, will keep you entertained on not just the latest in sports headlines, but also current events, pop culture, and even what to watch on TV that night. There are times when one of the co-hosts are off for the day, and those times the show doesn't flow the same. Sometimes it just isn't fun to watch when one is missing. I don't know what they will do when one of them wants to leave the show, but in the mean time, this is the best sports show.
  • PTI is perhaps the best and most engauging show on ESPN. The half-hour blends informitive sports journalism with funny humor and a fresh take on the sports scene.

This show is just one of the reasons ESPN has alot to smile about. Whether your a hard core sports fanatic (like myself) or a casual sports fan you will be entertained by Wilbon and Kornhieser. The guest they bring on will be happy to talk to them and that makes the interview better when the people they are talking to actually want to talk. The show has the perfect host and they are at best when they are together and usually when they are intrigued by the topics of the day. Overall this show has captured what it means to care about sports and how to love sports with out ruining the sports experiance for one's self.
< 1 2