Parental Control

Daily 5:30 PM on MTV - Music Television Premiered Feb 06, 2006 Between Seasons

Parental Control Fan Reviews (22)

• Oh this show is awsome.

This show is cool and I like when the parents really dont like the previous boy friend and he gets dumped. I laugh.

But some of the parents picks are kinda creepy like the dude who took the daughter to get tatoos...in there mouths saying \"sweet\" and \"dude.\" they should have a update show and see if the couples are still together.
  • This is alot of fun to watch

This is one of my favorite shows on tv right now. The main idea on the show is for the parents to try to split their son or daughter up with their current boyfriend or girlfriend. The way that the parents go about doing this is by setting their kid up with 2 blind dates. At the end of the two dates the son or daughter has to choose who they want to keep as there boyfriend or girlfriend. One of the best things about the show is that the old boyfriend or girlfriend has to stay back at the house and watch both the dates with the parents of the could-be-ex. Great show.....everybody should check it out.
  • this show is ghetto amazinggggggggg

hey hey this show is nothing sort of amazingg its the funniest so called reality show ever. The fact that the parents and the bfs or gfs call each other names and curse n yell and watch their ppl or girlfriendsss or boyfriends its like the funniest thing ever ever ever. when the daters pick no one is wen its the funniest. n the ex **** n moans n curses n makes fun of the ex n the parents n its amazing and i love love love it. if sum1 doesnt find this sow amusing theres something wrong with you and thats itt
  • Yet one more of an MTV peice of crap!!!

2.3
    Parental Control is about the parent's being upset with their son or daughter's choices in ther lover. AFter they try whatever they can to get rid of the kid, they decide to replace them! MOst of the people that the paretns pick have borring, stepford, and/or lame. Very rarle are the other picks any good. It is funny how the currect pick calls the compition ugly, seeing that they, themselves shouldn't be talking!! But I'd say that the parents pick would be better then the current ones. It is funny how the kids pick their lovers though. If you like MTV, and all the stuff they have on it, then you'd like this show. But if you like stuff that doesn't suck, then it's not for you!
  • Parental Control...

Parental Control is on of my favorite tv shows on MTV/MTV2. I find this show entertaining no matter what people say about it. Maybe im just entertained easily , I dont know. But I really like watching this show whenever its on. Ok, this show is about the parents not liking their sons or daughters girlfriend or boyfriend and they choose two dates for their kids. After the date the son or daughter either stays with their current boyfriend or girlfriend or they choose either their moms or dads choice. I recommend watching this show.

Thank you for reading this bye.
  • Parents that hate their child's choice for a boyfriend/girlfriend so they find someone else they can choose to date.

3.8
    Boring....the word that comes to mind when I see this show. I've watched several episodes and realize that more often than not they choose to keep their original idiot boyfriend or girlfriend. Everyone that watches knows for certain that the boyfriend or girlfriend is just down right terrible. There is hope for the show though, the parents do more often than not pick a much better choice for their little kid. However, the hope is crushed soon after because you have to realize that its the kid's choose. Everyone has to know that teenagers, or little kids I like to call them, make the worst decisions EVER! Too bad the parents can't choose to kick the kid out of the house if they choose their original boyfriend/girlfriend.
  • The show is about parents that doesn’t agree with there children boy friend or girlfriend. They choose dates for the kids to go one and they can leave their boyfriend or girlfriend there with for someone else.

My whole thought of the show is it mildly funny but some of the shows seemed staged and just doesn’t seem real. Like one show reminded me of something thing you see on Jerry Springer. It was a episode where the parents were divorced and there were going back and forth and it was really funny. The parents on the show are so funny they act a fool on the show and it is very funny. But the boyfriends and girlfriends are very disrecptful and i can see why the parent want them out the house, But overall it is a interesting show.
  • Parents, fed up with their child's bf or gf try to intervene by introducing the girl to two nice guys. The only thing the parents forget is nice guys finish last.

3.8
    This show has its bright spots. It shows how many nice girls in US Society will fall head over heals for an absolute douchebag. This douche in turn thinks he's the next best thing since sliced bread. I admire the parents attempts to try to change things but their attempts are always futile. The idea is good, but the implementation is horrible. Also, all the swearing isn't necessary.
  • Dang skippy this show is da bomb diggity.

I lvoe this show. It has so much emotion and things that happen in everyday life. Should i pick this great guy or that great guy? the choice is tough. This is def one of my favs besides the shows on disney channel. It will def show you how hard love cna be and how finding new love cna be good for you too and how geting rid of that guy who is no good for you can help you immencially. If you havent watched it you need to and if you have keep on watching. I give it 5 stars.
  • this show is such a waste of time

this show is so stupid.i dont get why they have to go on a tv show to find someone else for the person that is having a relationship with someone that isnt a good bf//gf.If you think that your significant other is crazy,retarded,or even obnocious...then just break it off...dont go on a lame TV series to prove your point...mainly toward the parents.But if you want publicity then fine but being famous for something as stupid as this...then im pretty sure your parents are more excited then you are.i hope this show gets canceled for low ratings and low viewers.thats all i got to say
  • HA!!! I love MTV. :)

So parents decide to kick there precious daughter(or son's) bf/gf to the curb and find them better ones.Three candidates get chosen to go on a date with the girl/boy and see if they click while the parents and current person their kid is dating sit and watch the whole thing on tv.Usually there is alot of harsh words said between the parents and the person they don't like and thats pretty funny. I love Mtv and this show is good and pretty funny, especially when they pick the ones their parents don't like haha. Overall its actaully a pretty good show I would give it an A.
  • Fake on so many many levels.

There's many ways to prove this show was fake from just two episodes.
    1) everytime the parents nitpick the boyfriend and girlfriend's faults, they have convenient clips getting them doing it just so perfectly. (not going to happen.)
    2) the people are horrible actors. "Well, this is a tough decision, who am I going to chose?" why are you narrating this? we know it's fake.
    3) If your parents are actually trying to do this crap to get you to stop dating your bf/gf, they are insane. Just kick your child out of the house, tell em never to come back with their 'love'. simple as that.
    4) the motions are fake, watching last night's episode the one with the gay scene guy and his pink haired bf. They have a video of him going upside down yet his helmet isn't even latched on nor does the hanging bands go up to his chin WHEN he goes upside down. It's totally 100% fake!
  • Completely fake.

This show is mainly about teenager's parent who hate the person the teen is going out with and find 2 news dates for them (the teen).

This show is pretty good. Interesting to see how the person reacts with their blind date and if they like them or not. I saw 4 episodes in a row and what I don't like about this show is that, at the end, the person who gone through different dates always, ALWAYS, pick their old boyfriend/girlfriend. Why are they on the show then if they're staying with their significant other?! Another thing is: Why are all the parents houses rich, beautiful and big?!

That leads me to think that this show is completely fake and scripted. Period.
  • *gets on knees and yells to the sky*WHHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! I watched about 5 episodes and what I saw was horrific.

1.5
    I watched this show yesterday on MTV. What I have to say is this: What..The..Heck? So, parents pick new dates for their son or daughter because for some odd reason their son or daughters old girlfriend/boyfriend is some rude, unpolite mofo. Obviously MTV doesnt know the meaning of relationships because if thecouple have been together 2 years, they go on a show and pick some NEW person they new for one day. Make sense? No. But anyways, the one thing that makes this show funny are the one liners and the arguments between parents and the old boyfriend or girlfriend. I thought the arguments were pretty well put together if you know what I mean. Also, the person that the son or daughter eliminates seems to always over react, like getting angry. Why get angry over someone you knew for an hour? Theres obviously alot of things about this show that are just plain idiotic, but if you like junk like this be my guess and have fun watching.
  • This show is completely FAKE.

This show is about parents who don't want their son or daughter to date a guy or girl because they believe that their son or daughter's boyfriend or girlfriend is bad for them and will just cause trouble so they have to pick 2 new boyfriends or girlfriends to go out with the parents' son or daughter. In the end, the son or daughter has to pick either one of the new girls or guys or the same girlfriend or boyfriend. Well, I gotta say that this show is fake because this show is scripted. The parents and contestants are wearing earpieces so the producers can tell them their lines and plus the houses look the same meaning they look big but still the same but not every house can be big.

Overall, this show is not worth your time so I don't reccommend this show to anyone. If your a fan of this show and reading my review, now you know the truth and this concludes my review on this fake show.
  • Its so horrible i don't know where to start, it just completely boggles the mind.

It is my firm belief that the creator of this show deserves to die a horrible death for the pain he has caused the world.

Please have a heart attack.

Regards.
    Steven

ps. Hmm it seems i need more words in my review for it to be posted, i didn't really want to enrage myself further but i guess i could say a few words...parental control is: extremely obvious its scripted, the parents don't act like parents, in fact, i don't think anybody that has ever existed in the entire history of the universe acts like that much of a **** the show makes me want to do something extreme, but i cant think of what, because the show boggles my mind so much i dont know what to do. I fear for the minds of the younger generation, and i hope no more shows like this make their way onto television, for the good of mankind.

Terrible, terrible show, i also feel the same way about date my mum, and next.
  • A horribly scripted dating show, that makes one liners from movies like Terminator and Die Hard look like Robert Frost.

WTF happened to MTV? There used to be shows worth watching inbetween ACTUAL music videos being played. This channel has turned into nothing but scripted "reality" dating and teeny bopper shows. Are any MTV "reality" shows real anymore? I am starting to highly doubt it. Trying to convince a hardcore MTV fan these shows are scripted, is like explaining to a redneck wrestling is fake. I gave this show 1 point for getting these actors to say the crap they wrote. If anyone actually takes this show seriously, they need to be taken outside and shot. If you still watch this show only for the comical value, then i'll lesser your sentence to a beating within inches of your life.
  • What a lame arses circus show. Change the channel.........

The producers, crew and cast and viewers who enjoy this crap need to get a life or die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die diedie die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die
  • Scripted and Stupid, yet entertaining

Though this show is clearly scripted, it manages to be more entertaining than shows like Jersey Shore and Ridiculousness. Please understand that this is no way a great show but it manages to put the factor of "mystery" in the show and I suppose that is why people stay to watch it. By mystery factor, I of course mean what kind of person will the child going on these dates choose? and who or what kind of nonsense will the the person watching their significant other have to say or feel about their boyfriend/girlfriend going on these dates with another person? I don't take this show seriously, I kind of look at it as a show that is watchable when there is nothing else on television but nothing to take seriously. It's entertainment value that's all it is, and viewers should take that into account when watching the show. I mean seriously, there is no way that, someone could go on a date with a completely random person they don't even know that well and within a few minutes decide which date she/he wants to choose, when most relationships have take time to build. Do I recommend the show? Not really, but if you happen to flip by this show and there is nothing else to watch, just take a gander at it, who knows, maybe you'll actually find it interesting.
  • Don't Script it.

4.5
    I think that this show would be much better, if it wasn't so fake. You don't know what to believe, cause it is so scripted. Try making more realistic.
  • I like

I think this show is a good way to past time. If you criticize the show and you don't like it don't watch it. lol ;)
  • Interesting

I honestly wish my parents had of done that for me. It's funny to see how they still pick the boyfriend in the end and others realize how many great people there are but, I don't like that there are no update shows or at least, I don't know of any.