Parenthood

Because You Are My Sister

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jan 22, 2013 on NBC

• Another fantastic end to a season

I have to give this episode a raving review. It really accentuated the reason this show needs to stay on the air. Believe it or not, this show has picked up steam this year I think. The viewership has not slowed on average (see Wikipedia page) but still sits at a small 5.0M viewers/week. Online, this show is getting great reviews (check out their Facebook page and twitter stream). I believe newer data will also incorporate other media-viewing . online). Hopefully this will factor in to this show's successful season. They've got more interviews going too - Ellen, for example, had a lot of the actors on the show all year. For most of the season in Canada, I was able to get the show one day before it aired in the and sometimes I got to watch the episodes twice! This show has worked it's way into millions of people's hearts and it would be a shame on NBC to cancel it.

So this episode was fantastic... I really liked how it tied up a lot of stories, except ONE major one. I of course got emotional on several occasions. Mark and Sarah's convos had me. But those were soon trumped. The one that really got me (and I'm sure everyone) was the look on Sarah's face when Hank told her he was moving to Minnesota. She broke me in one instant with that sad, sad look on her face. It was perfect for the scene... I felt so bad for Sarah. She's tried so hard this season to end the fact that she's alone. Hank's unexpected plan threw all of us off kilter. No one expected that. And I really wanted Sarah and Hank to work (personally, I just feel Mark is too young for her). It would be really great to have Ray join the show full time and I suppose there is still a chance to have that. This is the story that leaves us hanging - we will want to know what happens next and if Sarah will ever find someone.

Another scene that got me was the judge signing the adoption papers. The whole family is there showing their support for Victor. Can you guys, like... adopt me too? I'm a little older and quieter, but man I'd love to one day have a family as vibrant as this. The judge couldn't believe it himself, saying what a wonderful family Zeek has. The other storylines took a back-seat to these scenes but were equally appealing: Kristina's cancer abates, Jasmine and the tension with her mother and Crosby subsides, and Amy and Drew end mutually, and Amber and Ryan make up.

The ending was great too. Those little clips put a lot in viewers minds and picks up on issues from the beginning of the season. Victor settles in with his new family; Ryan and Amber check out some jewelry; Kristina gives Gwen the chemo blanket given to her by Camille; Mark leaves the school alone; Jasmine sees the baby on a ultrasound machine; the family celebrates Drew's acceptance; Hank moves into his new house in Minnesota; Adam and Kristina enjoy their vacation in Hawaii.

So do I hope this show is back next year, yes. Do I think it will be back. I think so. I'm about 80% sure it will because even with the limited amount of episodes (15 rather than a full order of 22), every single person on this team made the most of those episodes. The writers, directors, actors; they all performed this season and they really delivered.