A Parenthood Community
NBC (ended 2015)

After what feels like days and weeks of worrying about our favorite extended TV family, NBC has finally reached a decision on the loud but lovable Braverman clan: Parenthood will be back for a 13-episode sixth and final season.

Even though the Season 5 finale would've been an okay series finale—it ended with the entire family celebrating Zeek and Camille's new beginnings with one of their giant dinners, in a new backyard—it's nice to know that Parenthood will be back to wrap up the handful of loose threads Season 5 left us with. Oh, what are those threads, you ask? How about WTF Amber was doing buying a pregnancy test, like, the day after she participated in the most awkward cry-sex scene on the planet? And we just can't go on not knowing whether or not Joel and Julia actually worked things out and got back together after that adorable scene in Sydney's bed. He wasn't at the family dinner, and inquiring minds needs answers, dammit!

Are you excited for more Parenthood?

Check the Status of Your Favorite Shows: 
What's Renewed, What's Canceled, and What's Still In Between?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/29/2015

Season 6 : Episode 13

30 Comments
Comments (30)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
yes love it &3
Flag
YAYYYYYYYYY!!
Flag
I'm really happy Parenthood got renewed. But, sad that it will be it's last. It's a great show and has an awesome cast. Why only 13 episodes though? Geez.... NBC.
Flag
yessssssssssssssssss!
Flag
Even though this isn't one of my "apointment" shows, I'm glad to read that its getting some closure. And I think 13 episodes is just right.
Flag
YAY !!
Flag
so disappointed its a limited renewal for Parenthood, it's one of the best shows. Can't believe NBC didn't order a full season of it.
Flag
We should be thankful for the 13 episodes. The show is no ratings juggernaut and NBC didn't have to give us anything.
Flag
I'm glad Parenthood got renewed and will give the fans a chance for closure, atleast as much as possible. I hope Joel gets his act together and stops being a dick and he goes back to Julia.
Flag
Amazing news. I couldn't handleboth Community and Parenthood getting the Axe.
Flag
Yay!
Flag
Sweeet.
Flag
Very excited. Parenthood is one of the few shows I actually watch when it airs.
Flag
Love it!! Also, this coincidentally puts "Parenthood" over the 100 episode syndication mark. Okay by me!! (I am still upset that "Everwood" reruns are so hard to find.) Actually, I am surprised that NBC did not do the same thing with "Community". It makes sense to do another half season of 13 episodes for the following reasons: the show is actually not the worst performing of NBC sit-coms, it will give the fans their 6th season leaving only the movie to remain, and it would put the show over the 100 episode syndication mark. But hey, what do I know about running a TV network, I just watch TV.
Flag
oh wow, cool that they'll have another season, but short and the last one? boooooo!!!! this show should run forever ;)
Flag
I have been waiting for this news since thursda
Flag
I would also have been ok with S5 finale being the series finale but I screamed like a child opening Christmas presents he wanted for ages when I read the news of this renewal !!!!!!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members