A Parenthood Community
NBC (ended 2015)

NBC surprised everyone when they renewed Parenthood for a 22-episode fifth season. It wasn't because the show didn't deserve a full season, but it's a rare occurrence that a show comes back from reduced season orders. Season 3 of Parenthood had an 18-episode order, while Season 4 clocked in at 15 episodes.

Most people would probably attribute the renewed sense of excitement surrounding the Bravermans to Monica Potter's stellar work as Kristina, who bravely battled cancer during Season 4. But let's be honest for a second. While Potter certainly deserves the accolades, Matt Lauria deserves some props, too. His character Ryan, an Army veteran, arrived in Season 4 and swept Mae Whitman's Amber off her feet while simultaneously stealing the hearts of every single living, breathing female on planet Earth. Which is why I'm starting with this photo:

This is pretty much the cutest looking bucket of fried chicken the world has ever seen, right?

Peter Krause's Adam is looking pretty good in Season 5, too.

Zeke and Camille's love is just as weathered as that old battered wood, but will probably last even longer. Or something. Metaphors confuse me.

I like to imagine Ryan is doing something funny and adorable just out of frame.

I suppose there's no reason to pretend this isn't happening anymore. Nah, whatever, we can still live in denial. Mr. Cyr forever!

I predict this friendship will stand the test of time.

2 Comments
Follow this Show
Members