Parenthood Forums

Thursday 10:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode 4x01 'Family Portrait' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Sep 7, 2012
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 4x01 "Family Portrait" here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Yaspaa

[5]Sep 20, 2012
    • level: 78
    Why does Ray Romano make everything better lately? I love that guy. Actually I hate him, he's way too old to have a head of hair like that. It looks like he's going to make problems for the musketeer, moustache guy, regarding Lorelei..

NiallB31

[6]Sep 21, 2012
    • level: 8

Loved the premiere. Parenthood never fails to keep entertained. Most TV shows do something big in the premiere episode, but Parenthood dont make a big deal out of it. I find that since 1x01 the series has no real seasons just a long continuous story which I really like.

Also I cant seem to stop crying when watching Parenthood. The cast is like a realy family, and you can see they all have a great chemistry. Haddie leaving was really, really sad. The final scene was perfect and I kind of knew she would run back to Kristina and Adam, but it was so lovely.

Jules and Joel now having to cope with a (10 year old???) child after what happened last season. I really liked the storyline and it was nice to see the troubles parents have with adopting a child of his age.

Sarahs storyline was good. I liked that Mark wants to be in the picture and I do think he should be. Sarah and Mark make an amazing couple. And Sarah working for the photographer (his name escapes me at the moment) was really funny and it was nice to see Wisteria Lane on another show. And Parenthood forst show to use the lane since Desperate Housewives ended. Go Parenthood. I hope we will see more of it.

Crosby and the prayer situation with Jabarr was done nocely. Some shows take on this type of an issue and really make a mess of it, but Parenthood took a really nice approach and didnt mess it up. I think that they did come to the right decision in the end.

Overall 4x01 was a brilliant way to start the fourth season and I am hoping that season 4 will be brilliant and I really hope that I dont cry during every scene in season 4!!!

boom-moo

[7]Sep 25, 2012
    • level: 75
    NiallB31 wrote:

Loved the premiere. Parenthood never fails to keep entertained. Most TV shows do something big in the premiere episode, but Parenthood dont make a big deal out of it. I find that since 1x01 the series has no real seasons just a long continuous story which I really like.

I absolutely agree, I think it's one of the reasons that makes this show feel different in a very nice way. Another one of the reasons is that almost everyone can relate to some of the events depicted. The Braverman are a big family with very different points of view so I think that most of the viewers have found themselves in similar situations.

So far every friend I've recommended it to have come to love it which says something.

I also find myself deeply touched with almost every episode, particularly with the way they choose to wrap them up like the very moving moment when Haddie allows herself to show her feelings and runs for her parents arms. It was predictable but nonetheless beautiful.

I'm very fond as well of the way they are approaching the Victor storyline, the difficulties of adopting a kid (as opposed to a baby) and the adjustments that both parties need to make. I look forward to seeing how it develops.

When I first saw Amber working at the Luncheonette I wasn't very sure that it'd be a good idea but I liked the way she asked Adam to treat her like an employee and let her live her life, make her own mistakes and cope with them which was nice.