Parenthood Forums

Thursday 10:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode 4x09 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 4x09 'You Can't Always Have What You Want'.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    Edited on 12/02/2012 5:01pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skippercollecto

[2]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 15

I really do not like Hank. He's needy and inconsiderate and selfish and very dependent and helpless, and he's drawing Sarah into his world and is slowly destroying her. I know Sarah thinks she needs the job with him but it's obvious she has plenty of other support people who would be willing to help her financially, so I don't think economics is a good excuse.

I love how Mark is trying very hard to be a good father figure to Drew, and I hate to think that Drew will lose his relationship with him because of Sarah's interest in Hank.

1_sandigram

[3]Nov 30, 2012
    • level: 1

Ugh, I do not like what they are doing with Sarah's character. Can't they write her a story line that isn't about a failed relationship?

I really liked her with Mark, and he is so supportive of her. He trying so hard to make it work with Drew too... I wish they would allow her character to grow, instead of just the same old crap with her getting together and breaking up every season.

I love Adam and Christina, what a heartwarming family and connection they have,fanaticwriting for them andtheirfamily lately. Can't wait to see Haddie come back though, miss her!

I'm really into this changing dynamic with Julia & Joel as well, with him entering the work force and her staying home. good writing there as well, keep it up.

they need to bring Camille in more too, i just love her.

boom-moo

[4]Dec 2, 2012
    • level: 75
    I absolutely agree with you guys, I don't like a bit where the writers are taking Sarah She and Mark deserve better.