Parenthood Forums

Thursday 10:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode 4x11 'What To My Wondering Eyes' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 4x11 'What To My Wondering Eyes'.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KasenStuff

[2]Dec 18, 2012
    • level: 5
    Okay... Huge continuation error. They told Haddie that she was cured after the surgery. They straight out lied to her so she'd go back to school, but suddenly she knows and she's fine?

cwbybri

[3]Dec 20, 2012
    • level: 24

KasenStuff wrote:
    Okay... Huge continuation error. They told Haddie that she was cured after the surgery. They straight out lied to her so she'd go back to school, but suddenly she knows and she's fine?

I don't think we've seen enough scenes with Haddie to conclude she was fine about being lied to. She may have decided to pick a better place and time to ask why she was lied to.

cwbybri

[4]Dec 20, 2012

Ok, what stood out to me other than Christine:

Huge props to Amber. She's not trying to fix Ryan. She's moving away from him. Hopefully, he can find a way to fix himself. She cannot do it herself. Her mom would have tried staying in under the same situation. Speaking of Sarah (and Hank), booooo! She continues to make poor decisions after another. Not that being with Hank is necessarily bad, but her relationship with Mark just ended. It was way to soon to be in bed with Hank. It also confirms Mark was right to break it off.

My wife and I were laughing that Crosby was the sibling Adam called. Not hat Crosby is incapable (he's turning out to be a great dad), but he has zero experience with babies. Talk about jumping into the deep zone! I would have thought Julia or Sarah would have been called in since they have had babies. Overall, Crosby came through. And they hinted he may have a baby of his own.

Zeek was my favorite character this episode. The scene when Adam asked his dad to stay was touching. And he saved the Santavexperience for at least one more season.

Christine's story arc continues to be a heart wrencher. I have to give props to the writers for not having a breast cancer story but ending it quickly with an easy fix and everything is fine. They are showing just how hard this is, with radiation and the scary effects it causes. I wasn't sure she was going to survive the episode. I thought she would, as I figured it would be a "Christmas miracle" story. Seeing her computer message to her kids was touching.

boom-moo

[5]Dec 30, 2012
    cwbybri wrote:

Huge props to Amber. She's not trying to fix Ryan. She's moving away from him. Hopefully, he can find a way to fix himself. She cannot do it herself.

cwbybri wrote:

Christine's story arc continues to be a heart wrencher. I have to give props to the writers for not having a breast cancer story but ending it quickly with an easy fix and everything is fine.

I absolutely agree, the writers have the ability to tell everyday stories from a totally different point of view than what we are used to and I think it's far more realistic and engaging.

cwbybri

[6]Jan 1, 2013

I just realized how ironic that breast cancer is a major story arc this year, seeing that Maura Tierney was originally cast as Sarah Braverman. She had to bow out because she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I'm wondering if she was a driving reason for the story arc. I'm sure, at least part of it.

boom-moo

[7]Jan 5, 2013
    Jason Katim's wife is a breast cancer survivor and has luckily remained cancer-free for two years so it's a very personal storyline for him, one he is sadly well familiar with. He said that since breast cancer is a tough reality for so many people nowadays he thought that it'd be a good story to tell.

On a somewhat random note, Peter Krause lost his father to cancer in February and learnt that his mother was diagnosed with cancer in December (she is currently undergoing chemotherapy) so he took the news of Kristina's cancer storyline with a lump in his throat.