Parenthood

Keep On Rowing

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jan 01, 2013 on NBC

• Frustrate

Wouldn't know there is play button to even watch it
  • Best of US...

Just love this show and in particular this episode, seems to capture a real slice of American Pie, away from all the power politics (or two horse race), race rows and other divisive issues that seem to divide a great country. Having lost my dad to the little C (big is a word reserved for something impressive, not cruel and selfish the way this disease is), I found Adams frustration and trying to be supportive particularly moving. Great show!!!
  • #412 'Keep On Rowing'

Wonderful episode. I loved every freaking minute of it. Perfect writing, superb acting, excellent moments. Thank God these writers are keeping it real.

Ok, first of all - Monica Potter (Kristina) is absolutely incredible this year. I am not a big fan of the character but her cancer storyline is so realistically created that they've completely blown me away with it. Her chemo side effects start to kick in and Kristina's hair starts falling out, that's when she decides to completely shave her head. This of course freaks out her husband Adam (Peter Krause) and he decides to buy her a wig so she could feel normal again and leave the house without being ashamed. But Kristina refuses to wear and they have an argument. But then she unexpectedly surprises him at work, nicely dressed, wearing a beautiful red wig. They enjoy dinner and spend a night at the hotel. The next day they leave the hotel and we see Kristina without her wig holding hands with her husband.

Sara (Lauren Graham) faces consequences after sleeping with her boss Hank (Ray Romano). She's nervous and a little bit jealous to learn on Facebook that her former fiancee Mark may or may not be having a new relationship. Hank asks her out on a date at the fancy restaurant but they choose to leave and have Chinese and play games at his photo studio. She is surprised to feel so good and relaxed with him and decides to spend a night there. It looks like she's finally getting over Mr. Cyr.

Another great storyline of the night - Victor. Yes, the boy is a little bit troubled, he is finally getting good grades and wants to share his accomplishments with his mommy - no, not with Julia (Erika Christensen). His really mommy. So she tries to resolve the situation and talks to the boy with a little assistance of her husband Joel (Sam Jaeger) but Victor is determined to see his real mother no matter what. Their biological daughter Sydney is annoyed by the situation and only adds insult to injury when she confronts Victor about his mother and asks him if she's still in jail. He becomes violent and throws a baseball bat at her which breaks a glass door. Now Christina and Joel have to decide what to do, it's not going to be easy and if they put the boy away it will only make them guilty.

Promo for the next week's episode looks really dramatic and I even predicted it a couple of weeks ago but I don't want to spoil it for you. [10/10]