Parenthood

Thursday 10:00 PM on NBC Premiered Mar 02, 2010 In Season

i5star

Parenthood Fan Reviews (52)

• BRAVERMAN FOREVER

Please renew PARENTHOOD. I love, love, love this show! Can't get enough of it!

• disappointed

Haddie is now all of a sudden a lesbian???? That's ridiculous. I used to love the show, but now I wonder if the writers have run out of material and are trying to find new ways to shock us. They try to deal with TOO many of life's issues for one show, to the point where it gets to be unbelievable.. They should just stick with the simple aspects of being a family, full of ups and downs but without having to rely on these out of the blue, random story lines. Disappointed fan.
  • best show ever

I love this show. It just gets better & better every week.
  • Still love it, but . . .

They should change the name of the show to Everybody Loves Hank.
  • One of the best dramas

It is great to see a drama that is more than about teenage love. It's about people.

So I was with the show since the begining and so much has happened in 5 short years already. It is secretly fast paced if you look back at what has happened since then.

This season is one of my favorites.

Every episode i watch and i think "Wow, this show is good!". Yes, Maddie is mysteriously absent from the show now, but besides that, it's really wonderful. It tackles some heavy stuff and can leave you near tears at times. The writing and acting is absolutely superb. I feel like the show does not get the attention it rightfully deserves.
  • MISSING CHILD

I love this show. I have watched every episode and I am very disappointed with this missing family member. Were did Maddie go, she went off to school never to be heard from again. Really no phone calls or emails. She was a big part of the show and to be written out, with out really being written out sucks, really sucks.. Adam and Christina had three kids and now there are two with out any explanation.
  • Anther great show

Keep it going
  • I love this show!!

I really love the acting.. its real and raw~ And its the true example of what a family is all about! Being there for each y did Julia's HOT Husband leave ??? Bring him back... lol but yeah love this Show!
  • I look forward to it every week...

What a fantastic show. As others have said, it just draws you in and is so relatable. There are so many layers of realistic family dynamics going on. I can relate to nearly every character as they either remind me of myself, my parents, or my kids. Because your loved ones don't always tell you how they are feeling or what they are going through, this show also opens my eyes to the issues that certain family members can face. I often find myself thinking "hmm, I wonder if my mom (or husband, etc) ever feels like that".

Just watch it once and you'll be hooked.
  • Most relatable tv show I have EVER SEEN

I absolutely LOVE how this show has so many scenarios that could happen in a "normal" person's every day life. The husband-wife relationship, the parent-child relationship, and the sibling-sibling relationship... they are all so relatable!! When one of the couples has an argument, I feel like I can legitimately see both sides of it. Or when an adult-aged child and her mother don't see eye to eye on the daughters marriage (Sara and Amber), I can honestly see Sara's true concern for her daughter, but I can understand how the daughter wants her mother to support her because she loves her fianc! You gotta love all the characters, they're great. Right now I'm dying to see the next episode because Julia seems to be getting a little too attached to Ed, and I'm getting nervous for her and Joel's relationship!

I just love how this show is about REAL family situations, and not superheroes, reality tv stars, blood and violence, and sex sex sex. I get SO tired of practically EVERY tv show having sexual innuendoes non-stop throughout the show. I mean, REALLY?! I love this show and will keep watching it for as long as they air it!
  • My FAVORITE TV SERIES EVER

I LOVE Parenthood. The cast is FANTASTIC and the story is WONDERFUL! I think this family show brings together reality of family life. Each family has such character and it is so easy to get involved in each family and the family as a whole also. Craig T. Nelson and Bonnie Bedella are a perfect fit for parents of this family. I am so connected to this show.... I watch it with excitement to see what's going to happen on that episode and I find myself trying to guess what's happening to see if I'm right. The one person I do not like on this series is RAY ROMANO! He does not fit into this series and I DO NOT WANT LAUREN GRAHAM (Sarah) to fall in love with him. He should go back to comedy because he can't play a serious role.
  • The Madness of Family

I feel like that is what this whole show is about. Finding the quiet moments in the chaos that is family and life. Everytime they all get together, or basically more than two family members are in the same room, madness ensues. And that's pretty much how it is with big families. But it's the quiet moments that matter and what make this show so brilliant. Real conversations, about life, about the kids, about where to go and what to do. Think don't happen . Big decisions take time to get to and may not always work out. The show is optimistic in its own way of course, but also doesn't shy away from showing real drama. Anyway. I LOVE this show and the new season feels like coming home. So excited we're getting a FULL season!
  • Stop the social propoganda

3.5
    I absolutely love this show or should I now say LOVED? I felt like I was watching ONE BIG social propoganda message from recycling to breastfeeding in public or gluten free pizza or what about the parenting neurosis we are pushing?? double geesh!! Craig T Nelsons character remains my favorite and he proves in a world of insanity the SANE man appears to be insane just stick to family situations and leave the political correctness and social messages OUT OF ENTERTAINMENT or I will soon be a fan of the past, wouldnt be the first time I stop watching a show that turns into a propoganda machine these days....
  • A Show to Relate to

This is one of the very few tv shows I look forward to watching.

Wish there were more shows like this on tv; not all those stupid reality shows.

It would be fantastic if there were more episodes per season.

I think it portrays real family dramas pretty good.

The characters talking over each other can get a bit chaotic for me; I have to turn the volume down at times due to that.

Yet all in all, I really like this show.
  • Seriously great show

I love this show - and so do my parents. Which is pretty amazing for them to agree with because I"m pretty sure they still live in a time where British TV shows are the best. But in this case, they have conceded that THIS show tops the list, and I agree. Brilliantly cast, this show tackles every day issues with cleverness. Max Burkholder does the most phenominal job of playing Max, and Mae Whitman portrays Amber beautifully. I wanted to focus on the two "children/teenagers" because the adults will always get praise. I definitely recommend this series and would say to those on the fence about giving it a shot - just watch the first episode. It was enough to have me hooked and so many others! I hope they continue with a Season 5.
  • Best Drama Ever!!!

I am totally a cable watcher. But thru the help of Netflix and Hulu, I have caught up on 4 seasons of Parenthood - unable to stop watching until there just was no more to watch; And my love for this show will never end. There will be alarms set and computers shut-down in order to watch all future episodes of this show - one of only 3 that I have watched in several years on network television. This is absolutely the best acted, most informative, and moving series that I have ever watched - teaching about tolerance, bravery, nonprejudicial thinking, consequence, handicaps and mostly love. It teaches us that we are not alone in our impatience, bad decisions and pain. And as a very young grandmother, I've even made my grandchldren watch and they love this show. To lose this show now would be a serious disservice to each and every kind of family in America.
  • Love this show!!

This is my favorite show on TV, just love the entire crew. I love the realistic tone, everyone talking at one time, laughter and tears, realistic problems. Wish there were more episodes. Great writing and acting!!!
  • parenthood

Great show. Some of the characters I cannot relate to, but that is true to life. I love how they fight and still love each other in the end. Just like my family! Hope this is true for my 5 kids when I am gone.
  • Parenthood - Monica Potter bailed on bald

IF you are going to approach breast cancer in 2012 when the statistics report 8 out of 10 women are diagnosed; IF you know that your primary audience (say, 8 out of 10) are women THEN, shave your head for real or dont pretend!. Christina mocks my experience, not echos it. IF you are going to address the issue then do it for real, to look like Jane Curtin as a Conehead does nothing to promote her serious commitment as an actress, or the cause and the defeminiazation that occurs when hair falls out, or the strength it takes to get in front of it, and shave. IF you dont want to shave, then wear a scarf, turban, baseball cap - but dont be brave and proud as a complete offensive as a viewer not just as a cancer survivior. By the way, hair grows back! Monica could have been a profound brave advocate instead of a cartoon character. Kristina - almost a Braver-woman.
  • Parenthood

Parenthood the best show on TV, finally a show American families can relate to, the laugher, tears, lifes ups and downs. Keep it going NBC, Tuesday night is my night for TV, just wish the show continued until April. perhaps this might happen next season!
  • More episodes needed

I think Parenthood should air at least through March. It doesn't begin until late October and is already ending before the end of January after being off most of December. Why do they bother to air it at all for such a short time? It is one of the few decent shows left.
  • This show is awesome

I absolutely love this show! I wish that you would bring Sarah Ramos back on. :( I look forward to this show every week. I hope you keep this one on air for a long while.
  • Keep this on the air!

Jason Katims knows how to make this surly New Yorker cry. Between Friday Night Lights and this show, I fall in love and melt. Since Brothers And Sisters went off the air, this is the only feel good family drama at a time where every show seems to pit evil bitchy people against each other. The only question I have is, I get that within the family everyone affectionately calls each other "buddy" but Amber calls her boyfriend buddy too? Not very romantic. :) And that's my only complaint! :)
  • A truly great show!

I love Parenthood. When friends ask me what my favorite tv shows are Parenthood is always amongst the top 3. I do not understand why this show and some of its actors (i. e. Max Burkholder and Peter Krause) are never getting any awards or at least getting nominated - this is long overdue.
  • LOVE Parenthood!

One of my favorite shows and watch it faithfully. I have since it started. I hope we will see something blossom between Ray and Lauren's characters.
  • Love the show, but..

I started watching this show like two weeks ago. It's amazing!! ..but this is the first TV show I watch that gives me a biiiig headache. Why do they have to talk together all the time?? It annoys me a little bit, I'm sorry to say :( Besides that, I think that the show teaches a lot and also it's easy to be related with the family drama. I give it an 8.5.

Anyway, I'm only on the Second Season, so I'll keep watching it. Hope it gets better and better.
  • The N word

I am opposed to anyone using derogatory phrases, words and the N word is one of them. What id did not like about the episode was the comment made "my mother dreamed about a black man becoming president" How racist can you get. we all talk about getting beyond racism but what does "color" have to do with who is capable of being president. It just goes to show you there will always be anamosity and prejucide because of color. I believe it was in very poor taste of the writers to include this in the episode. Also the child is supposed to be half caucasian and this point was not mentioned
  • The Talk

When the discussion between Crosby and Jasmine and Jabbar was viewed I was very impressed how Jasmine discussed the "N" word and then mentioned how far this country has come with a black man as president. However, I was also hoping that Crosby would have then said that their family had a lot in common with the president because he had a white mother as Jabbar has a white father. This would have been less bias and more positive to show that even in families that are diverse your future has such promise.
  • Parenthood - great show!!

I like this show! It has family drama with their every day issues en it has funny moments! Also the characters are being played by great actors. I don't like Sarah played by Lauren Graham, she is quite annoying playing Sarah. Unlike the other characters she doesn't have much chemistry with her onscreen kids (unlike with the Gilmore Girls). I don't think it's a great match, but then again, the audience and the producer of the show etc. like her playing that role considering the fourth season is starting any time now. Still a good actress though!
  • It's a family thing ;)

I love this show. It's about real people and about their real / normal problems we can relate to. There's currently nothing like it on television (Brothers & Sisters got canceled in 2011 but the show had a terrible last season) so Parenthood came in just at the right time. It was about time somebody did a genius little show about a big family that's about relationships and about situations we know from our lives. So kudos to the writers who create these storylines week after week and make us feel special while watching it on TV. I hope it sticks around for a few more years.
< 1 2