Parks and Recreation

94 Meetings

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 29, 2010 on NBC

7.6
  • Many many Meetings

This was another good episode but the start and the end of it, is what took it down a bit. We find out that Mark is getting more serious with Ann (despite some cracks). Leslie says she is happy but doesn't seem to be. I thought at this point she is over Mark but I guess love is a hard thing. This was still a funny episode. It's funny how Andy is trying to justify not wanting to date April. The way he treats her was not mean but funny to watch. I liked how Andy is the reason why April comes back. I enjoyed April's parents. It's great how they are this super happy people despite having two daughters who are very apathetic. I also enjoyed Leslie's storyline. I liked how she chained herself to the gate but it had no effect on stopping the reconstruction. The best part of this episode was Ron. Seeing him deal with people was very funny. I liked how he got everyone to help him but told Jerry to go home. Despite the start and end, this was still worth watching.
  • Getting better

This episode, while not as good as the last one, was a good way to start after a hiatus. I loved that it really showed each character's personality so well: Ron and his horror at having to interact with members of the public (and seeing how eccentric Pawnee residents are, I can see why), Leslie and her gung-ho attitude when trying to save a historical building from being remodeled, Tom in his trying to flirt with the gold-digging beauty queen who was trying to remodel said home...
    Basically, any Ron-centric episode will do for me. And the ending was especially touching.
  • Ron ACTUALLY does some work

This episode wasn't my favorite Parks and Rec ever, but it was still funnier than most things on TV. Leslie and the Gazebo wasn't my favorite but the reference to the mural and Tom's attempt at gold diger digging were hilarious. I loved the bit where she chained herself to the fence but I could have gone without the big speech. Ron was at his best but I hated when him and April were fighting, he was a bit too mean for my liking but when they made up, it was well worth it. Her knowing who Duke Silver was was great which shows off their special bond.
  • Good balance.

This episode had a great balance. We got screen time with all our strongest characters, fantastic comedic timing (the lulls in action were spaced in fantastic order), and moments from each character expressing themselves exactly as they should--the characters, here, are full, well rounded, something that this show has a problem consistently pulling off.

April, surprisingly, is turning into one of the strongest, most interesting parts of the show--her strange attraction to Andy is quickly becoming one of the reasons to watch the show.

Strange that the show's mythology (for lack of a better term) is slowly being realized: returning bit characters and entities (our beauty queen and Sweetums) give the show a good dash of permanence in an otherwise impermanent medium.