Parks and Recreation

Beauty Pageant

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 01, 2009 on NBC

• Not bad, but not my favorite at all..

With Parks and Recreation's ratings so low, I've learned to appreciate each new episode and find the merits in them, because it seems like it's dangerously close to being canceled.. and while this episode was not bad, it was definitely disappointing. The show will have to do better than this if it wants to stick around.

Probably the biggest upside I could see to the episode was Aziz Ansari. The bad news? That's what I say every episode. Usually, it's him that's consistently giving the biggest laughs.. it's not like everybody else in the show is not funny, it's just that they're not given as much funny material to work with.

The plot was sort of sub-par, but I do like the continuity of the show. They brought back Dave, the police officer, as well as Ron's hernia operation. Any other show would've just forgotten about it, but this show does a good job keeping all of their ideas in order.

It's disappointing to see the show doing so poorly with ratings, but there's no doubt that the show has gotten more powerful over the weeks. I'm expecting an eventual cancellation, so I guess I'll keep watching for Aziz Ansari's lines..