A Parks and Recreation Community
NBC (ended 2015)

We know they're having a baby, but will they be married?

I do think the show has made them viable as a couple simply by providing so many other examples of Ann's failed relationships. But she also never really seemed to warm to Chris' enthusiastic greetings...

Comments (9)
Submit
Aug 01, 2013
Apart from the baby storyline, they haven't really done anything in the last couple of seasons.
With Leslie becoming a councilor, Ben has become more prominent as her "straight man" for the jokes, so Ann is a bit of an unnecessary foil now, they tried her as a foil for Tom, and it worked well, but Tom was involved in so many other scene's where Ann wasnt necessary that they ended that combination. Ron, April and Andy have developed, moved on and Ann has stagnated because she want relevant to their storylines.
Chris has essentially been a cheerleader for a couple of seasons with no meaningful screen time or plots last season - which is literally a sad thing, because he never really faced a professional crisis at work that was related just to him (probably a missed opportunity)
With Ron being in a relationship and having a baby, April going to try and become a vet, Leslie having political troubles, Ben obviously needing a new job and whatever arc's they are going to give Tom and Andy, i couldnt see too much screen time for either Chris or Ann this season anyway.
Personally i would like to see them both back as reoccurring guest stars, but i can understand the fact that they are leaving.
More+
Flag
Staff
Aug 01, 2013
I agree that Ann has become stagnant, but I think she is still an important character in terms of Leslie's life. It will be interesting to see how Leslie does without her.
Flag
Aug 01, 2013
I have been rewatching season 5 and its surprising how marginalized both Ann and Chris became. Ben really took over as Leslie's main support and foil
Flag
Aug 01, 2013
Couldn't agree more on the missed opportunities for Chris the last few seasons. Leslie had plenty of political gaffes that should have had consequences for Chris as well, or at the very least should have forced him to take the other side once and a while. It would have been really fun to see him as an antagonist from time to time, instead of just the cheerleader.
Flag
Staff
Aug 02, 2013
Yeah, once Chris became JUST the cheerleader he was kind of boring. I would sigh whenever he would come on screen!
Flag
Aug 01, 2013
They dropped the ball not giving him an assistant city manager and instead had him see a psychiatrist
Flag
Staff
Aug 01, 2013
I was totally prepared to post and be like NOOOOOO but you make good points about both Ann & Chris. You're totally right - they're unnecessary characters now. But I hope they come back to visit!
Flag
Aug 01, 2013
I also want it to somehow be blamed on Jerry
Flag
Staff
Aug 01, 2013
ALWAYS!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members