Parks and Recreation Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Anyone notice how happy April Ludgate is now?

curriea

[1]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 4

I think it is a great progression for her character and I don't think you could marry a guy like Andy Dwyer and not totally loosen up. I really like where they have taken her character and the chemistry of this cast is really coming together. To think that Chris Pratt was only originally suppose to be in the first season!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

drudager

[2]Jan 22, 2012
    • level: 13
    Yeah I don't like it. I liked April being dark, dreary and acid-tongued. Now that I think about it, she really shouldn't like guys like Andy; who are total dumbasses. Tho I guess she's pretty dumb herself.

kickdoor

[3]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 14

Seems like the happier she gets the less funny she becomes, because she really hasn't been bringing much to the table this season.

drudager

[4]Feb 4, 2012
    • level: 13
    kickdoor wrote:

Seems like the happier she gets the less funny she becomes, because she really hasn't been bringing much to the table this season.

Totally. She was one of my favorite characters. Now, not so much.

ArtCorvelay

[5]Feb 26, 2012
    • level: 8

Really? I actually think that she's funnier now. She's matured as a character (and the actress has grown comically as well). She still has the sarcasm, she is just less angry and more dare I say, endearing.

enomo67

[6]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 11

I agree—I totally prefer the happier April. April has honestly always been my least favorite character, and I am really warming up to her now that she's less acerbic and angry.

Edited on 03/05/2012 11:03pm

norcalgirl83

[7]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 4

I love the happier April too. Before she annoyed me with her eye rolling and attitude. I started liking her more and more as a character when she started hanging out with Andy in season 2. She is still hilarious, but she's a much more likeable person.

gmx13

[8]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 7
    I like April better now than in previous seasons. Her dark gloomy side always seemed fake and manufactured to me; like she was faking it to fit it with that crowd. I love her saracastic side which she's maintained even when she is happy.

Ann is the character the show is ruining. Seems like she's getting weaker and weaker with each season. Same thing happened to Rashida's character in the Office.

cacay21

[9]May 6, 2012
    • level: 6

my favorite April moments are hers and Ron's. It's like he's her non-fatherly figure... I love them together... Best awful government employees on earth... April Ludget! Ron Swansson's unuseful assistant.!!! Now that's the April we all love...