TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Parks and Recreation Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Congrats to Poehler on the Emmy Nom.

kickdoor

[1]Jul 9, 2010
    • level: 14

And to the show for its nom in Outstanding Main Title Theme Music, it is one of my favorite opening themes. Though I think the show deserved more nominations, certainly deserved the Best Comedy spot more than The Office, and Nick Offerman deserved a nom as well.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Psy4potato

[2]Aug 13, 2010
    • level: 10
    I wouldn't say it deserves a best comedy spot more then the office (imo) but I think it def. should have been up there with The Office and 30 Rock, season 2 was great!

And congrats to Amy! She deserved it!

deepgx

[3]Aug 19, 2010
    • level: 11

kickdoor wrote:

Though I think the show deserved more nominations, certainly deserved the Best Comedy spot more than The Office, and Nick Offerman deserved a nom as well.

Absolutely. I just watch the Office nowadays for the same reason I keep following Weeds or Californication...just because I watched the previous seasons and harbor some hope that it might still have some potential. I hardly ever end up laughing out loud watching these shows..but P&R is gut-busting hilarious...my g/f said she could basically watch this show 24/7. We just finished watching the 2nd season, and I've already gone back to rewatch the 1st...

Oh and kudos to Amy Poehler for her Emmy nomination...I do believe that Aziz Ansari or Nick Offerman also deserved supporting actor nods though

Edited on 08/19/2010 4:03pm

Hoeech

[4]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 66
    Nick Offerman is sooooooo deserving of a Best Actor in a Comedy Series nod! While he was snubbed this year, I'm POSITIVE he'll be acknowledged in 2011.

RON SWANSON in 2012!!

Hoeech

[5]Aug 20, 2010
    Hoeech wrote:
    Nick Offerman is sooooooo deserving of a Best Actor in a Comedy Series nod! While he was snubbed this year, I'm POSITIVE he'll be acknowledged in 2011.

RON SWANSON in 2012!!

Now that I think about it....a killer idea for a season 4 episode would be Ron running for the Tea Party in the 2012 Presidential election. Imagine a guy running on the platform of shutting down most of the Federal Government. It would be a landslide victory.

P.S. This is the very first time I had ever quoted myself. Feels kind weird...not that there's anything wrong with that.

kickdoor

[6]Aug 30, 2010
    • level: 14

Well they didn't come away with anything. ...freaking Glee.

Hoeech

[7]Sep 2, 2010
    kickdoor wrote:

Well they didn't come away with anything. ...freaking Glee.

Glee...the network version of "High School Musical". With any luck, it'll have the same shelf life.