Parks and Recreation Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode Discussion Thread: Pilot (4/9/09)

Water78

[1]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 47

This is the place were we can discuss the first episode of Parks and Recreation.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JaCkKbAuEr2424

[2]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 33
    I thought this was a pretty decent premiere. I don't think it'll ever have the same audience as The Office or won't be quite as good, but I think it has solid characters (and pretty hilarious: Tom, Leslie and Ann's boyfriend had some great lines). I really want to see where it all goes, so I guess it's safe to say I liked it

And next week's premiere, with the talking head about cartoon penises was AWESOME.

cra2ywolf

[3]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 7

Decent first episode. Didn't get much laughs but got more smiles out of the awkward scenes.

TraverseTown

[4]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 24
    I actually really like the opening credits. It's very upbeat and reminiscent of older comedies. Minus the lyrics. The episodes itself was good. Leslie needs to separate herself from Michael Scott a little bit. Ann and April seem like fun. Mark, Ron, and Tom need to do a little bit more to make them likable. They seems kind of inhuman. Good acting. The show is a lot brighter than other comedies these days. I like when Leslie talks about putting the rubber of government to the road of human beings. Also, Leslie's neck brace.

friendsfreak14

[5]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 12
    I really liked the show. I thought it was funny and if i wasn't laughing i was smiling. And that whole thing about her clavical and it being broken and then her neck brace was hilarious. I can't wait to see more.

MerryMurderess

[6]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 4
    I thought it was really funny! Especially the part where Leslie was wearing a travel pillow around her neck, held together with duct tape, because she was so convinced that her clavicle was broken! I also loved "committees cover our democracy with blood..."

I got quite a few good laughs out of it. I really look forward to next week.

ocho_cnco_34

[7]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 2
    Solid premiere. It will never be able to surpass The Office if it doesn't do enough to eventually separate and differentiate itself. But of course, we've seen all of 1 episode. I really like Amy Poehler, dating back to her first seasons on SNL. I also think the guy that plays Tom (can't remember the actor's name) is pretty hilarious. He was good on Scrubs. I see a lot of potential for this show, and NBC has really built up a great comedy lineup with this, The Office and 30 Rock. Even if this show never reaches the heights of The Office at its best (say, Season 3?), I think it will still be regarding as a really good comedy. So tune in, because I'd love a few years of Amy in primetime. And hopefully she and the writers will create a character for her husband, the INCREDIBLE Will Arnett.

checko101

[8]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 11

This Is The Funniest Show Ever "Amy" Delivers I've Seen The Pilot 5 Times Already And I Just Can't Get Enough. Im Going To Watch It Again.