Parks and Recreation Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on NBCIn Season

"Make My Pit a Park" Discussion Thread

Did the pilot episode of "Parks and Recreation" live up to expectations?

Hoeech

[1]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 66
    Feel free to post your opinions on the first episode of this new series. Please avoid posting spoilers until it has aired on the west coast.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HawaiiChick

[2]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 4
    So far, I'm likin' it! Amy Poehler has got her stuff together and the writers afforded her some quality material. Sure, it's a lot like The Office, but what's wrong with that? It's the same people making both shows. The more the merrier!

JaCkKbAuEr2424

[3]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 33

HawaiiChick wrote:
    So far, I'm likin' it! Amy Poehler has got her stuff together and the writers afforded her some quality material. Sure, it's a lot like The Office, but what's wrong with that? It's the same people making both shows. The more the merrier!

I definitely agree with this. As long as Greg Daniels and Michael Schur keep cranking out some good scripts, the show should be good. I just hope the ratings don't plummet. The Office has a fanbase, but who knows if this will stick

butters2010

[4]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 6
    this show is awful (so far)... I had high hopes, but was let down. Better luck next time Amy Poehler and Rashida Jones...

Hoeech

[5]Apr 9, 2009
    butters2010 wrote:
    this show is awful (so far)... I had high hopes, but was let down. Better luck next time Amy Poehler and Rashida Jones...

Awwww, you ain't got the taste for deadpan humor. Tragic. Just tragic. The style of humor in this show is actually pretty sharp as well as being tongue-in-cheek. This is definitely my cup of tea.

cra2ywolf

[6]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 7
    Its ok. Its not a "must see" for me but I'll watch it when theres nothing else on that night.

Water78

[7]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 47
    I actually kinda liked it. Sure it was the first episode but i see this show has potential. I liked the part were she was trying to get the hobo out of the slide.

TraverseTown

[8]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 24
    I liked it. Leslie Knope hasn't done enough to make her not a female Michael Scott.
    I liked everyone except Aziz Ansari. His characters is not likable or funny. 8/10.

ocho_cnco_34

[9]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 2

TraverseTown wrote:
    I liked it. Leslie Knope hasn't done enough to make her not a female Michael Scott. I liked everyone except Aziz Ansari. His characters is not likable or funny. 8/10.

I've got to disagree, I thought he was funny. Anyone else notice that the character Ron (who Amy Poehler's character once slept with) was really underdressed for his job? It seemed like everyone else was in a suit and he was in a t-shirt.

Hoeech

[10]Apr 10, 2009
    ocho_cnco_34 wrote:

TraverseTown wrote:
    I liked it. Leslie Knope hasn't done enough to make her not a female Michael Scott. I liked everyone except Aziz Ansari. His characters is not likable or funny. 8/10.

I've got to disagree, I thought he was funny. Anyone else notice that the character Ron (who Amy Poehler's character once slept with) was really underdressed for his job? It seemed like everyone else was in a suit and he was in a t-shirt.

Actually, that was Mark, not Ron. Ron is her boss with the moustache and sawed-off shotgun in his office. Mark wasn't as well-dressed as everyone else since by his own admission, his enthusiasm for his career in state politics faded away after only two months on the job.

mukulj

[11]Apr 11, 2009

It got to a point where 'Parks' was almost too similar to 'The Office' to the extent where it became a copycat version. Amy Poehler's Leslie character is basically the female Michael Scott and the bonehead stunt with her falling into the pit to make a point reminded me of Michael's drive into the river because the literal GPS instructions.

Read my full review here: http://www.mukulj.com/parks-and-recreation-review

patriots2871

[12]Apr 27, 2009
    I'm loving it Amy Poehler is really funny