Parks and Recreation Forums

NBC (ended 2015)

NBC, what the Ka-**** were you thinking?

kickdoor

[1]May 16, 2010
    • level: 14

Parks and Recreation pushed to midseason. Also on the News section for the show.

No season 3 until 2011? And its getting bumped for Outsourced? Which I admit was the only new show I was mildly anticipating, but after seeing the previews, that anticipation faded pretty quickly. Now I'm almost hoping it fails.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Canogaparkcindy

[2]May 16, 2010
    • level: 49
    That sucks! Aww man.

CartoonFreak13

[3]May 17, 2010
    • level: 9

I can't believe we now have to wait until January 2011 to see any new episodes! Are they seriously trying to get it canceled?

TypeB

[4]May 18, 2010
    • level: 6
    Nooo! That's way too long.

lawrencexx_873

[5]May 20, 2010
    • level: 8

Thats what happened to Southland, then they canceled it. The ratings are not as good, even for a show that follows The Office, which has been tanking since the Pam&Jim's wedding. I actually like this show better than the Office now (compared to last year), Rod Swanson is awesome.

frontman19

[6]May 21, 2010

This show improved so much from season 1, they can't just give it a 7 month layoff, it's practically digging the show it's grave. Why must NBC screw up everything good that they have?

Hoeech

[7]May 22, 2010
    • level: 66
    I get the sinking feeling that this may be another "Arrested Development" -- an astonishingly intelligent and well-written show that got dropped by the wayside due to viewer apathy. It brings up the old saying "You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone."

Michael231

[8]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 12

Thankfully this show got another season. NBC could have axed it but they didn't. I saw their ratings the whole season and they were worse then first season. NBC decided to renew the show because they saw a rise in quality that was missing in season one. That was why they decided to renew this show. Because they believed that it would succeed, now the reason they pushed it to midseason is most likely due im part to keep the show fresh. Not to mention the leading lady (Amy Poehler) is pregnant. I am sure she is going to want to spend time with her newborn and have some bonding time. If NBC wanted this show off the air they would have cancelled it. But they didn't I know it sucks but get over it. Would you rather see a new season or see it cancelled. I personally would go with the first choice. Oh and FYI the reason shows get cancelled as well is because not very many people watch them. Translation: Hello? Tell everyone about this show that you know make them watch it. Let them know what a great show it is. It can be very effective just try it.

justinwestnet

[9]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 17
    Yea I think AP being pregnant played a big roll in it, but at the same time, they've already filmed a few episodes. I hope "outsourced" bombs (looks dumb) and P&R can fill in with some of their already recorded episodes. Wishful thinking but it's NBC...you never know.

Psy4potato

[10]Aug 13, 2010
    • level: 10
    justinwestnet wrote:
    Yea I think AP being pregnant played a big roll in it, but at the same time, they've already filmed a few episodes. I hope "outsourced" bombs (looks dumb) and P&R can fill in with some of their already recorded episodes. Wishful thinking but it's NBC...you never know.

I agree. It looks stupid, and I hope it does bomb so that they can start season 3 early! The show has become a great hit (imo), and I love the cast, main and supporting, I think it can really go somewhere if they give it a chance. Hopefully it will be around for a while.

deepgx

[11]Aug 19, 2010
    • level: 11

This show totally blew me away and I was totally convinced after the first 3 episodes, and despite what people say, even the 1st season was hilarious. In fact this is probably the most intelligent and hilarious sitcom on television (still running) next to 30 Rock, with unforgettable characters like Ron Swanson, April Ludgate, Tom Haverford and Andy Dwyer. This show totally outclasses The Office which jumped the shark about 3 season ago and should've been put out to pasture. The fact that this show gets called an Office clone is ridiculous, in that it stopped resembling the Office pretty much after the first 4-5 episodes. Just because you have the same creator or format doesn't mean it's the same show. Case in point: Family Guy vs American Dad or Arrested Development (same creators) vs. The Office (mockumentary format)

Oh how I *pray* this show doesn't get screwed over like Arrested Development did...and only hope the mid-season pushback was primarily due to Amy Poehler's pregnancy/maternity leave...

primetime73

[12]Aug 27, 2010
    • level: 4
    This show as grown on me since the first season. The characters have been much more developed and allowed to have their arcs now vs. so much focus on just the Leslie character. Ron Swanson is fast rising as one of my favorites on TV. They carry on on hidden storylines well. The episode of Ron getting shot and then the next week you just catch a glimpse that the hair on the back of his head is still gone. Attention to detail like that or the changing of his picture on the wall remind me of the Arrested Development (RIP).

Gotta check out Running Wilde this season just for simple fact that it starts Will Arnett, David Cross and is written and directed by the writers of Arrested Development.

Hoeech

[13]Aug 27, 2010
    • level: 66
    kickdoor wrote:

Parks and Recreation pushed to midseason. Also on the News section for the show.

No season 3 until 2011? And its getting bumped for Outsourced? Which I admit was the only new show I was mildly anticipating, but after seeing the previews, that anticipation faded pretty quickly. Now I'm almost hoping it fails.

Just in case there's someone out there who hasn't heard yet, Amy Poehler just became a mom again and production of the third season is being delayed until she's ready to come back to work. I'll admit that I wasn't aware of her pregnancy when this thread started, but as I review it now, it seems like the producers took the moral high road and let their lead actress be a mom for a while. January 2011 ain't THAT far off...

kickdoor

[14]Aug 30, 2010

It was my understanding that she didn't want the maternity leave, at least not that much of it. That's why after wrapping up the filming on last season they immediately went to work on next season. There's six episodes sitting on a shelf right now that we won't see until January(unless Outsourced gets canned early, but even then it's not for sure that NBC will show them). They did that so she could have a little time off but then come back and keep the full season on schedule.

Zoolander53

[15]Sep 17, 2010
    • level: 10
    I think we should just be happy the NBC didn't cancel the show. I am a big fan, but the ratings aren't very good.