Parks and Recreation

Freddy Spaghetti

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 20, 2010 on NBC

• Season 2 Finale (warning possible spoilers)

This was essentially a second part of the previous episode. It was just as great as the first part. April and Andy finally have their first kiss but comes after Ann kisses Andy. What I like about the kiss Ann had with Andy was that Ann started it and Andy's feelings for her did not come back. The doctor (who you see in previous episodes) was spot on. While Ron enjoys all these possible budget cuts (his lines was funny), I liked that he defends Leslie and tries to save her job. Ron's ringtone when Leslie calls him was very funny. You also see how Leslie does such a great job she can do in a limited time. What Ben does for Leslie was sweet and maybe sets up something between them. (see I told you did want to read this before you see the episode). This episode did what season finales do make you want what happens and be eager for Season 3.
  • why does this show exist

I can't believe this terrible show is still on. This episode was the farthest thing from funny. I probably should have started off by saying that I'm not a fan of parks and recreation, but I did see a few episodes (mostly because it comes on the same night as the office, 30 rock, and community). I don't see the appeal. Why do people enjoy this blatant Office copycat. I haven't seen this season as a whole but, the episodes i did see were worst than the terrible season 6 episodes of the office and believe me those episodes were terrible. They canceled My Name is Earl for this garbage. NBC needs to drop this show and the office immediately and make room for new blood.
  • Ron finally gets his wish. Be careful what you wish for!

I was afraid that Ron (Nick Offerman) would simply be doing the same smirking and smiling he did all throughout the last episode, but they found a really great way to turn things around and have him stand up and fight for Leslie's job. The fact that, as hands-off as he is, Ron was able to recognize the aptitude and enthusiasm of others was great, and it's one of the things that has totally made his character magical. I was realy hoping that we'd get to see a little more of Tom and Lucy's "courtship" since I really enjoyed seeing Tom let his guard down in front of her last week and act like a likeable human being. But now that they're almost instantly sleeping together he's back to being his usual self – which she doesn't seem to mind. I wonder, given the final reveal at the end of the episode with Ron and Wendy, if Ron is poised to scoop Lucy away from Tom as well.
  • Pawnee shuts down

I loved this episode, it had so many great elements and set up the plot and new character development that is going to take place in the third season. I love how both Chris and Ben seemlessly fit right into the rest of the cast. Rob Lowe is hilarious and is being used in the exact right way for the show because we are seeing a whole new side to him then what he has been doing recently. Adam Scott is hilarious and even though I'm sad that Party Down is canceled, it means that he is going to be on Parks and Rec. Him and Leslie have such great chemistry and I want to see where there relationship goes. April/Andy were beyond cute and with Ann stepping in to mess it up was a nice twist. Lucy continued to be awesome with Tom and the end with his ex and Ron was great. This episode is just another reason that I love this show!
  • Not the BEST finale. But good.

I was surprised by this finale. I felt like it was a bit low-key compared to other episodes of the season. I guess they wanted a sort of mini-drama coating for the government issues and departure of Mark Brandonowitz. However, I can understand why he is leaving the show - he's just sort of been autopilot in the relationship with Ann that never seemed to take off. I sort of wish that they had developed his shameful attraction to Leslie more. That would have been funny. However, I really love the introduction of Ben (played wonderfully by Adam Scott) and it surprised me when he came through for Leslie when she least expected it. I really hope they have a mini-romance, lol. Ron, as always, perfect - as well as April and Andy. Still, I wish the finale had been funnier.
  • The government shuts down.

7.8
    A good finale, with some cliffhangers on the way. We get to see Ann & Andy kiss, reunited again, only to ruin April & Andy's possible relationship. Mark leaves Parks & Recreation. The government shuts down, while Leslie continues to be loyal, meanwhile Ron is trying to save Leslie's job when the government starts making budget cuts. Tom's ex-wife starts dating Ron, the ex-wife that he's in love with which might cause problems with his new girlfriend, Lucy. The government stays shut down by the end, the concert was unnecessary. Everything else was pretty much pivotal for a finale, not to mention funny.