Parks and Recreation

Harvest Festival

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Mar 17, 2011 on NBC

7.6
  • Carnval of Souls

A lot can happen in a caraval. This is another soild entry in the series but not perfect and I'm going to get to the negatives first.

My major problem with this episode is that it doesn't really push the envelope. It's just most of the season was building up to this day and I expected more but didn't get it, I just feel a lot more needed to happen. I didn't like that curse reenactment joke it fell flat. If they made it into a live action reenactment which would parody the TV show "Unsolved Mysteries" that would of been funny. And finally my minor problem is Andy and April don't really have enough to do despite a good premise.

Despite these things everything else is fine. I really like the Indian Casino Owner (name excapes me), I like the fact that he's not made totally innocent that he's underhanded and that whole curse thing is a big ruse. Lesile is good as usual, I like the history of Pawnee she states about which I thought was blackly funny but also got some depth on the town, makes me wonder if the founder of the town might have been insane. I really liked Andy and April as usual and their relationship takes another supprising turn when we see it's evolved into love, which I'll admit was pritty darn fast but that what's funny about it yet sweet at the same time, their an unconventional couple which to me makes them both funny and interesting. April says she loves Andy but unfortunately Andy gets nervious and chickens out. There is tention but in the end they make up, thanks to Ron's help, Ron just seems to be the best source to solve everyone's problems. I really loved that quote Andy says to April which was funny and sweet, "Your my awesome sauce", indeed she is.
Gryzzlbox