Parks and Recreation

Ron and Tammy

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 05, 2009 on NBC

6.7
  • Very good installment, and yet another stand-out for Ron Swanson.

I've mentioned in the past that I've enjoyed how Andy and Leslie and Tom have all stood up and proven to be formidable actors and actresses who have helped this show improve in ways I didn't think was possible. However, Ron stepped up in this episode, showing why he's also a force to be reckoned with.

Parks and Recreation, as a bunch of staff writers on this site, AND some fans have already said, this show has grown in the best way possible. It's found ways to seperate itself from The Office (for the most part) and has found different ways to each character to shine. I really liked Andy in this episode, as usual, but Ron was the stand-out. Him and his ex-wife had incredible scenes with each other, including a laugh-out-loud funny one in a restaurant, where they go from screaming at one another to making out on a table in front of a bunch of confused and disgusted customers.

And Leslie was actually the lone voice of reason! Leslie! Of all people! She certainly has her odd moments, there's no doubt about that, but this is proving that the writers are not trying to make her the new Michael Scott. She's her own character now, and I have a lot more faith in Greg Daniels if this is the direction they're going for.

All I ask is that they bring Louis C.K back at some point.. he's hilarious whenever he's on the show.