Parks and Recreation

Ron and Tammy

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 05, 2009 on NBC

6.7
  • The Rampage of Tammy

This is an episode I really like that I personally think is a bit underrated. It's one that really gives Ron some depth but also gives up a villian for the show.

Megan was great at playing Tammy whom is a she devil whom is a man hater and power tripper; her mission is to make not just Ron's life but everyone else's lives a living Hell. I love how they build her character up much like in a suspense thriller where you know the killer doesn't make a move yet but you know at the right moment he/she will, she makes herself seem nice and you almost could feel sorry for her but it's all a ruse when in the cafeteria scene she reveals her true colors. On a side note, I thought it was hillarous that the show makes the Library one of the worst places on earth (along with High School) because it is an organization of evil.

I'll admit it was both funny and sad what was happening to Ron's character. I did kinda feel bad seeing how Ron's wall of masculenity just crumbled so easily from Tammy's influence and how misserable she was making him. It's easy to emphasize with because some of us have been in that place where we have an ex that just can make you feel like crap, that is a feeling I hate which is why I'm thankful I broke it off as soon as possible. Ron had some really great quotes, mine obviously is "the eyes of Satan's butt hole" that one just cracks me up because it not just shows Ron's viewpoint on how bad Tammy is but it's just such a daft thing to say. And in one moment it was hillarous seeing Ron in one scene just cowering afraid to stand up to his ex which is something I thought I'd never see. But in the end even though we don't see it Ron does do what any guy/girl should do which is to stand up to your ex when they make you unhappy. As a saying goes, sometimes we've got to good though all the bad apples to find the good one, Tammy was one bad apple.