Parks and Recreation

The Debate

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 26, 2012 on NBC

7.4
  • Verbal Warfare

I'm personaly not a fan of the Lesile Campaign plot but this episode I'll admit is one of the high points of the season, that really made Lesile shine.

There really isn't much I can say, I like the fact that this debate consists of people that in reality have no business being there in the first place. Like for example Joan and Perd that run the debate, both are clearly out of place and unqualified, they don't know how to mediate, raise topics, or even chalange the debaters with questions of their own, let alone that idiot Perd at one moment didn't give Leaslie the proper amount of time to reply (he probably forgot to reset the timer or didn't shut the frak up when he should've.). But what really funny is the fact that these two seem to be the only ones in practically every type of media program in Pawnee, honestly are these two the only acts in town.

One of the debators despite briefly in the episode I thought was hilarous, fogot his name but he kept preprosing some of the most dangerous and stupidest ideas I've ever heard. One was a vending machine for machine guns but the second and favorate one was having an automatic gun security system for you car where any car thef that get a mere yard even without making contact with the car gets shot the bigest problem with that plan is when you have to get into your car, then you'd get shot.

I really liked the subplot with Andy, I liked how he reenacted his favorate movies, you can't deny the guy is a good storyteller heck Donna was immersed in them. My favorate reenactment he did was the movie "Rambo" that's one of my favorate action movies so it was a joy to see.

I never really liked the whole Tom/Ann dating subplot I didn't find it funny also felt kinda awkward, also Tom came off really creepy and a real jerk throughout. Ann I know was dating him to spare his feelings but cmon you gotta know when enough is enough. However that subplot concluded on a note of dignity, I did like that Tom did care about Ann and does deep down inside really desire commitment, he does tell Ann the truth about his feelings even though he doesn't get her (rightfully so) at least he knows the truth that the one for him is out there it's just not Ann (at least I don't believe it is). I really liked the fact Ann and Chris were interacting again, that was one of the things I sorely missed. Chris also told Ann about his feelings toward her and that he desired to try again, and of course he also doesn't get her. I'll admit I was a little sad, Chris admits this also when he says a funny comment about exersising his sadness by running up and down flights of stairs; yet at the same time I was kinda alright with that cause I don't want them together again just yet. Ann I don't feel really knows what she wants right now, thats what the experence has taught her, she probably shouldn't date for a while she should do some things for herself for now like travel or something.

And of course that final speach Lesile gives was great because that exactly how I feel about whats going on today.

So, Lesile won the debate but will she win the election, well as they say she's won the battle but the war is far from over.